Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So, for decades of organised criminal behaviour, involving many representatives and employees of rangers (inseparable from the club, according to the AT and the CoS), your recommended punishment would be.... what?

Is it not better to wait and hear what the appeals panel say about the whole EBT scheme?

Edit for clarity, I say Celtic and Aberdeen because I'm pretty sure Celtic have always been top flight and I know Aberdeen have never been relegated so I'm assuming they never had to get promoted into the top flight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I checked this up and you're both right and wrong.

They had to get promoted but they never had to win promotion

They finished 7th in the 12 team second division in 1904-05 but were still awarded promotion along with 2nd place Falkirk as the first division expanded to 16 teams nobody was relegated.

1905 Second division winners Clyde were turned down but promoted the following season despite finishing 2nd

Compared to the way things were run a century ago letting "Glasgow Rangers Newco fc" into the league would seem almost legit

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

...in which case, why support Rangers?

Because in truth i believe most football supporters care only for their own clubs and would put them before all others.

You think the Hearts support care that Hibs are run quite prudently by Petrie and Farmer? They couldn't care less the day they won the cup...OK Hearts are pretty much financially fucked but they got one over on their oldest rivals

Apologies if this seems hopelessly naive, but has anyone posed the question to Sky - "Okay, it looks like we may have a wee problem here in providing you with 4 Old Firm clashes for the next few seasons, so what's the script on the TV contract if we can't deliver?"

Surely it is possible to get a ball park figure (or no figure, in the very worst case scenario) that would allow some sensible analysis of whether or not there really is a bogeyman out there.

Reminds me a bit of the Gruffalo story!

Is it not better to wait and hear what the appeals panel say about the whole EBT scheme?

Why? the evidence is there to say these EBTs were illegal why else would murray have run away and used 3 stoogies to hide behind.

Once HMRC and BDO get inside and follow the money and bank accounts these people will probably get arrested and jailed

Yet you still think no more punishment could be handed out?

Quick question, IF this was celtic in this position i bet you would be here shouting for them to be expelled.. now be very honest with yourself (we all know you will lie anyway, cheaters always do) and answer truthfully

Possibly done elsewhere, but as things stand ...

Old Rangers

SPL Membership

SFA Membership

Included in fixture lists from Monday

On the spike for BTC

On the spike for all SFA/SPL penalties

Players until TUPE/Liquidation

All the debt, but running costs for players/staff

No stadium

No training ground

No discernable income

New Rangers

No SPL/SFL Membership

No SFA Membership

Not included in fixture lists

Off the hook for BTC

Off the hook for SFA/SPL Penalties

No players unless TUPEd across (also no new registrations would be allowed if not SFA members).

None of the debt, but running costs for stadium/training ground

Stadium

Training Ground

No discernable income

Edited by madball

Still in that Egyptian river, then? HMRC reckon the currants were at it. To be honest, the evidence we have seen, from the BBC documentary with quotes from former players, to wee doddsy's finest hour, have done nothing for me but reinforce that view.

When d'ye think anyone is going to ask Wattie if he benefited from this scheme, and when?

When are we going to find out why Souness got paid when he was employed by another club?

How many of these "loans" have had even ONE repayment made on them?

See, apologists for these thieves keep on telling us that EBTs are a legitimate scheme, if properly administered. Nothing in this whole sorry saga has indicated in ANY way that rangers used the EBT scheme as anything other than a vehicle for massive fraud, or theft if you like.

If you're a betting man, name your stake and I'll match it - these bastrds are as guilty as sin.

Never mind the SPL/SFA, the Taxman is going to be the one to bring this whole thing to a very messy conclusion. The footballing authorities should be very careful before backing the wrong horse with their own reputations.

Rangers, cough cough... the new co team and the old rangers should be punished and punished hard.

What grasp of this situation do you not understand, rangers have been found guilty of cheating their way to winning in scotland to the extent where they have now gone bust.

Once the EBT and even the rumours of match fixing is enough to make every other supporters minds up. YOU CHEAT to win.

Football has rules, governing bodies have made it absolutely clear that those rules should not be broken and yet you think you should not be punished?

If i was FIFA i would throw you out completely from football and never be allowed to start any new club up. take the 3 years in the SFL and come out of it with integrity.

'Rumours of match fixing'...When was this????

Where have i said we shouldn't be punished????

What part are you failing to grasp that you cant punish somebody until you have found them guilty.

Rangers are being punished for the crimes during Craig Whytes time at the club alone. Absolutely nothing to do with the EBTs

Apologies if this seems hopelessly naive, but has anyone posed the question to Sky - "Okay, it looks like we may have a wee problem here in providing you with 4 Old Firm clashes for the next few seasons, so what's the script on the TV contract if we can't deliver?"

Surely it is possible to get a ball park figure (or no figure, in the very worst case scenario) that would allow some sensible analysis of whether or not there really is a bogeyman out there.

Reminds me a bit of the Gruffalo story!

It's in their interests to peddle hysteria to the masses and that in turn allows them to lube everybody up for NEWCO2012's grand entrance.

Can't be bothered reading back on the 80-odd pages I've missed, so I'll just ask now:

Have any of our super journos asked Uncle Walter a) if he was a tax dodging thieving c*nt like the rest of them; or b) where the f*ck he's been while the jobby flew into the air conditioning unit?

Convienient that he "retired" just before all this broke, wasn't it? <_<

Can't be bothered reading back on the 80-odd pages I've missed, so I'll just ask now:

Have any of our super journos asked Uncle Walter a) if he was a tax dodging thieving c*nt like the rest of them; or b) where the f*ck he's been while the jobby flew into the air conditioning unit?

Convienient that he "retired" just before all this broke, wasn't it? <_<

no glasgow journalist will ask that, they are all on the EBT payroll after all laugh.gif

Why? the evidence is there to say these EBTs were illegal why else would murray have run away and used 3 stoogies to hide behind.

Once HMRC and BDO get inside and follow the money and bank accounts these people will probably get arrested and jailed

Yet you still think no more punishment could be handed out?

Quick question, IF this was celtic in this position i bet you would be here shouting for them to be expelled.. now be very honest with yourself (we all know you will lie anyway, cheaters always do) and answer truthfully

You've seen the evidence? I thought it was a closed court.

Anyway about this rumoured Match Fixing...When was that?

Again...Why are claiming i don't think the club should be punished?

It's in their interests to peddle hysteria to the masses and that in turn allows them to lube everybody up for NEWCO2012's grand entrance.

Accepted, so long as you can define the "their" in "their interests". If, say, you told the Chairmen of most SPL clubs "We've been on to Sky/ESPN and they're saying there would be no cut in the fee offered" how do you think they would vote on a Newco? Or do you believe it's not about the money?

Yeah, not difficult to understand. They are about to publish a fixture list containing a club going through the liquidation process and has no stadium or credibility whatsoever.

Good point. How can a club with no stadium and no players meet the requirements of SPL/SFA membership, and show they're able to fulfill fixtures?

Why hasn't their share been taken away, along with their voting rights?