Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Obviously they don't think Division 6 of the Welsh League is the best place to put them either?

Oi! Show some respect! Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch are in tier 3 of the Welsh pyramid (were tier 2 until the recent rejig divided the two tier into two leagues).

Hail the mighty!

Llanfairpwll+Badge.gif

we-are-the-famous-th_39638.jpg

:bounce3

Do we have any actual confirmation on McCoist yet?

McCoist will not resign,

Just refuse his new contract under TUPE like most of his squad - he got the same rights.

Technically he will claim in soon to be serialised Record special 'Ally - My Gers Year of Hell', that he never left Rangers but Rangers left him (inset picture of Ally with table of medals on display in front of him and a tear in his eye).

Edited by MEADOWXI

Oi! Show some respect! Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch are in tier 3 of the Welsh pyramid (were tier 2 until the recent rejig divided the two tier into two leagues).

Hail the mighty!

Llanfairpwll+Badge.gif

Sheeeeeeeeeit! and I thought InvernessSuperCaleyGoBallisticCelticAreAtrociousThistle Football Club was a mouthful.

But, you would have to presume, that anyone interested in buying the property etc without the football club would already have been in touch with H&D to declare their interest, rather than wait until the 11th hour and turn up at an auction. If you owned a business and thought you could make money out of Ibrox or MP without Rangers, would you sit and wait until now to come forward, or would you have been on the phone to H&D weeks ago to tell the to give you call if it all goes tits up?

Beat me to it :lol:

Marble staircase must be worth a right few bob...heres an idea they could make small sculptures from them & sell them to greece as a replacement for the elgin marbles...oh hang on

I doubt it's that big an issue - the various recincarnations of English clubs are mostly variations on the original theme. Perhaps they might insist on adding "(2012)"

Yes, they are, with one exception. MK Dons is a recognizably different name from Wimbledon. Leeds, Charlton, Middlesborough, have one thing in common - the GEOGRAPHIC REFERENCE in the title of their club. This is the only exception to the rule introduced a few years back to stop this "continuation" nonsense. A new company (not necessarily a football club) carrying out a largely similar function to a liquidated company is not allowed to choose a name which "could lead to the belief that it is the same company as that which has been liquidated." I think the only one of those above which would have been affected (it's only been law for a few years) is Leeds, and Old Father Ken pulled some seriously nifty footwork to avoid actual liquidation (hence their 15 point penalty the next season, basically for using the FL's rules to his own advantage, or "being smarter than them" as it's known).

Soooooo...... Where exactly is "rangers", then? Is it a suburb of Govan? An estate on the outskirts of Paisley? Nope, didn't think so.

Govan Redhands Athletic it is, then...

Intrigued by the stat that mentioned earlier that 1500 fans extra are needed to balance out the financial impact of the demise of Rangers. If that is the case then fan power is paramount here. I think the chances of clubs getting 1500 extra in the gates if they disappear is pie in the sky to be honest. The chances of clubs losing that number of fans if they bottle it is much more realistic though and would put the game in a far worse state.

I still think this focus on away supports is naive - and distracting. Financial arguments aren't founded on their away crowd. They visit half of clubs 1x only before the split... that income isn't make-or-break for a club. If it's a question of financial considerations then it's a question of TV money and naming rights money, not gate receipts.

Hail the mighty!

Llanfairpwll+Badge.gif

give me an L....

f**k up!

Old Father Ken pulled some seriously nifty footwork to avoid actual liquidation (hence their 15 point penalty the next season, basically for using the FL's rules to his own advantage, or "being smarter than them" as it's known).

Except he didn't avoid liquidation. The NewCo was part of Leeds' CVA and (crucially, no doubt) *agreed* to by the creditors. Old Leeds were wound up. Nifty footwork, no doubt, but accepted by the creditors and ratified by the FL.

On holiday in Ibiza , all I can say is thank f**k the hotel has free WiFi , this thread has been a joy to read the past few days . The only down side is that I'm on my phone so can't award any greenies . My wife isn't so happy as I've all ive been doing is chorkling to myself whilst sitting at the pool reading my phone . If carlsberg did holidays this would be it .... Sun , beer and the current buns dying ...superb