Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Naismith gets his "come get me" plea in first:

I know PFA Scotland have tried their best to clear things up, but there's been no real answer given out by the likes of the SFA, FIFA and so on.

It's not as straightforward as just every player transferring across to a newco.

You're moving to a new company which is effectively a transfer. As a player there's an option under employment law which allows you not to transfer — as you can't force anybody to work for a new company if they don't want to.

But the grey area is who then holds your registration if you don't. The administrators have said the club would still hold it, but the authorities don't seem to have a definite answer. The SFA need to make it clear if a player doesn't want to move across is he then free to play where he wants?

But no one will come out and say what the situation is.

The authorities need to tell us the score. They run the show. Surely they have a responsibility to the players as well as the clubs?

It's vital that we get concrete guidance because it's now about people's livelihoods.

We need to know what decisions can be made and what the options are. Anyone working for a company that goes bust would want to know what their options are and we're no different.

I never ever wanted it to be this way. I've enjoyed my football at Rangers and the last three years have definitely been the best of my whole career.

http://www.thescotti...-disbelief.html

Edited by Macshimmy

According to Green, there will be tomorrow:

The man has never had a clue, he has shown it all the way through every interview he has ever conducted. If anything his statement there is a statement of intent- to walk away on Thursday.

Shamefully plagiarised from a CQN poster…

Just a wee thank you note to HMRC for:

1. Confirming that the last ever Celtic v RFCil game was 3 – 0 to Celtic.

2. The last player to score against RFCil was Hoop(er).

3. The last 2 owners of RFCil were “Green & Whyte”.

A special thanks to the script writers. A beautiful job.

If you could just arrange for the final nail, the actual final step of liquidation to be on 12th July, that would be lovely.

Keep up the good work.

Much appreciated.

:D

I would think very few. I got the Email on Monday and still haven't received the re-newal through the post. Hopefully get that today. I think the first re-newal letter arrived on Monday so it gave you very little time for anybody to fill it in and post it away.

You'd think that season ticket holders would get informed of cancellations by standard email at least, Even with the Scotland Supporter's Club you get an email when a wee bit news comes up.

Utter shambles from start to finish.

The last 2 owners of RFCil were "Green & Whyte".

Never realised that until now! laugh.gifph34r.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

My understanding is that the SFL chairmen don't have a say in who gets voted into the SFL. I could be wrong though.

They do... it's a simple majority ballot of Full Member clubs, conducted in rounds if 3+ apply. Assuming Dundee/Dunfermline had by that point left, there'd be 29 voting clubs, as Annan have completed their 4 years.

Edited by HibeeJibee

My understanding is that the SFL chairmen don't have a say in who gets voted into the SFL. I could be wrong though.

SPL chairmen didn't have a say until they changed the rules. Stop abdicating responsibility. If Rangers get into the SFL then every member should be ashamed of themselves. If you can't morally justify a Newco jumping ahead of everyone into the SPL then the same applies for the SFL. Better start writing to have vacancy fillers ratified by a full meeting of the League. #NoTo Newco

Don't teams need 3 years worth of accounts before applying for SFL membership? A Newco wouldn't have that.

I think that's for SFA membership, which they would need, but it's discretionary according to an SFA spokesman a couple of days ago.

Don't teams need 3 years worth of accounts before applying for SFL membership? A Newco wouldn't have that.

No, you need SFA associate membership within 2 weeks of entering SFL: that was understood to entail 3yrs audited accounts but SFA apparently said yesterday that it was "discretionary" and not fully mandatory.

EDIT: And wouldn't matter if SFA transferred existing membership.

SFL set their own membership criteria on an ad hoc basis, there's nothing in the actual rulebook demanding certain ground criteria, financials, etc.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I would think very few. I got the Email on Monday and still haven't received the re-newal through the post. Hopefully get that today. I think the first re-newal letter arrived on Monday so it gave you very little time for anybody to fill it in and post it away.

RM saying they will renew overwhelmingly! What did FF say????? (I can't read that anymores as got bannedo)

Fix the clown sigi

Scene: The WhiteRose household a few years down the line.....

Small person: "Grandad, these "rangers", I hear about, were they really good, then?"

Distinguished older gentleman (yep, YT) : "Not really, young'un, the last two times they played Killie, home and away, they got humped."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SPL chairmen didn't have a say until they changed the rules. Stop abdicating responsibility. If Rangers get into the SFL then every member should be ashamed of themselves. If you can't morally justify a Newco jumping ahead of everyone into the SPL then the same applies for the SFL. Better start writing to have vacancy fillers ratified by a full meeting of the League. #NoTo Newco

I'm not abdicating responsibility. I genuinely believed the chairmen didn't have a say. If it gets to a point where Newco are applying for SFL membership I will certainly be letting my feelings known to my club. Unfortunately I don't think it will come to that... I have a horrible feeling that they will get straight into the SPL.

Naismith gets his "come get me" plea in first:

I know PFA Scotland have tried their best to clear things up, but there's been no real answer given out by the likes of the SFA, FIFA and so on.

It's not as straightforward as just every player transferring across to a newco.

You're moving to a new company which is effectively a transfer. As a player there's an option under employment law which allows you not to transfer — as you can't force anybody to work for a new company if they don't want to.

But the grey area is who then holds your registration if you don't. The administrators have said the club would still hold it, but the authorities don't seem to have a definite answer. The SFA need to make it clear if a player doesn't want to move across is he then free to play where he wants?

But no one will come out and say what the situation is.

The authorities need to tell us the score. They run the show. Surely they have a responsibility to the players as well as the clubs?

It's vital that we get concrete guidance because it's now about people's livelihoods.

We need to know what decisions can be made and what the options are. Anyone working for a company that goes bust would want to know what their options are and we're no different.

I never ever wanted it to be this way. I've enjoyed my football at Rangers and the last three years have definitely been the best of my whole career.

http://www.thescotti...-disbelief.html

This is a legal minefield but I doubt that it will have Bosman type implications though Newcos are on the increase. Basically a footballer has no right to terminate their contract outside of the Webster ruling, so this isn't like a normal employee who can give notice and walk away. I think right now with footballers in a special position in temrs of employment law no one can really be sure of anything. It will probably take a judge to work this out but it has all the possibility of being a legal shambles.

Of course if the SPL and SFL reject any Newco then the point will be moot.

SFL set their own membership criteria on an ad hoc basis, there's nothing in the actual rulebook demanding certain ground criteria, financials, etc.

Given the way the SPL treated the SPL re stadium criteria, please let the SFL come up with a X thousand standing rule or something else that would get it up them.