Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

im so glad charlie green has nailed the answer to the question everyone has been fudging

I'm so glad that you and your enlightened green brethren greet this prospect with joy,

and recognise it means the exorcism of your idiotic pseudo-historical feud.

But there is no bigotry at Ibrox. I know this for a fact as No8 has frequently said so.

Nope...Not true. I have always said it exists but we as a club have made great strides in eradicating it. This latest statement is promising in the respect that Green is willing to carry on the work already started by the old board. It is about the only positive left from their time at the club.

The Rangers. Why is it The Rangers? Is it to make sure we don't refer to Them as The Other Rangers, or A Rangers? Or Power Rangers?

Or are they like quarks, is there Up Rangers, Down Rangers, Strange Rangers, Charm Rangers, Bottom Rangers and Top Rangers?

Scrap that last one, there won't be any Top Rangers for a few years to come.

Just a thought but i think it might be something to do with the club being called...The Rangers Football Club.

Someone gave the reasons why the Rovers were not the club.The fact Jim Ballantyne is a Bun fan,he has spoke of walking away in the past,he is the SFL President,the fact if Rangers cease to exist then Airdrie get promoted to Div 1.So you can see why we look a tempting prospect to approach for a takeover.

It's all just talk and what ifs at the moment,but if things dont go Rangers way then anything is possible.

Makes sense, in a warped kind of way.

We're some spurious rumours the proposed 'takeover' of Queens may be linked to some sort of similar idea.

But you can see from the last few posts Airdrie (Ballantyne),

Cowdenbeath (Findlay) and my lot that speculation, assumption and scaremongering is out there.

Nope...Not true. I have always said it exists but we as a club have made great strides in eradicating it. This latest statement is promising in the respect that Green is willing to carry on the work already started by the old board. It is about the only positive left from their time at the club.

Ach rubbish. Any progress Rangers had made has been utterly obliterated in the waves of backs-to-the-wall , no-surrender-to-the-truth hatred emanating from every pore of the rangers support.

If theres one thing that defines a bigot most surely, its that they think the whole world is against them. Thats what lets them carry on believing their chosen prejudice against all evidence.

Ach rubbish. Any progress Rangers had made has been utterly obliterated in the waves of backs-to-the-wall , no-surrender-to-the-truth hatred emanating from every pore of the rangers support.

If theres one thing that defines a bigot most surely, its that they think the whole world is against them. Thats what lets them carry on believing their chosen prejudice against all evidence.

And you would know this how?

I have been following Rangers home and away since the 70s so i think i am in a better position to judge. :rolleyes:

I have been following Rangers home and away since the 70s so i think i am in a better position to judge. :rolleyes:

I would suggest you might want to spend more time trying to influence the tone and content of the statements made

by your supporters groups, and for that matter your manager and board members.

Not that you have too much time to do that mind 8)

I don't think all Rangers fans are bigots; I don't even think the majority of Rangers fans are bigots. Where I have disagreed with fans and bigot apologists over the years is the size of the minority. Some people would try to suggest it is a fairly small percentage; it isn't. What makes it worse is the people who 'go along to get along' with the bigots in the support. Some may argue they feel intimidated but if the majority started registering their protest then something may be done.

In the years I have attended Tannadice I have seen no real dimunition in the displays of bigotry by Rangers fans inside or outside the ground.

Absolutely... they save it up for their travels every 2nd week ;)

I agree the away support have let the club down at times but we have to start getting it right at Ibrox before tackling the away supports problem.

I don't think all Rangers fans are bigots; I don't even think the majority of Rangers fans are bigots. Where I have disagreed with fans and bigot apologists over the years is the size of the minority. Some people would try to suggest it is a fairly small percentage; it isn't. What makes it worse is the people who 'go along to get along' with the bigots in the support. Some may argue they feel intimidated but if the majority started registering their protest then something may be done.

In the years I have attended Tannadice I have seen no real dimunition in the displays of bigotry by Rangers fans inside or outside the ground.

I was at Tannadice (unfortunately) for the last game and heard no widespread singing of bigoted songs. There was 1 dafty in front of me who shouted sectarian abuse and tried to get banned songs started. The local police and United stewards did nothing until the Rangers steward moved in and he was arrested or at least ejected.

We will probably always have a large number of bigots in our support and TBH i don't really care what their religious/political views are as long as they don't voice them at the football and they stop using the club as a vehicle to promote their views.

Shitting it because his lawyers have told him if the appellate now suspend or expel them they have to suck it up. I hope the SFA tell them to do one and accept whatever the independent appellate decide. Regan has already said there can be no deals.

It better not be a Scottish Cup ban.

I agree the away support have let the club down at times but we have to start getting it right at Ibrox before tackling the away supports problem.

I was at Tannadice (unfortunately) for the last game and heard no widespread singing of bigoted songs. There was 1 dafty in front of me who shouted sectarian abuse and tried to get banned songs started. The local police and United stewards did nothing until the Rangers steward moved in and he was arrested or at least ejected.

We will probably always have a large number of bigots in our support and TBH i don't really care what their religious/political views are as long as they don't voice them at the football and they stop using the club as a vehicle to promote their views.

I'm not going to indulge in a tit-for-tat exchange with you, but I can only assume it was a different Tannadice from the one my team plays at.

I'm not going to indulge in a tit-for-tat exchange with you, but I can only assume it was a different Tannadice from the one my team plays at.

It's not a problem..If they sang any banned songs just say. I was in the Jerry Kerr stand and heard very little singing at all as we were so utterly dreadful that day and only picked up when Aluko came on.

Yep! You fall into the second category of Rangers fan! You are not one of the knuckle dragging sectarian idiots who are too stupid to see how wrong their views are. You are one of the guys with enough brains to know that the sectarian (large) minority are wrong and that Rangers came to be where they were in Scottish football by blatantly promoting said sectarianism. What you have in brains, you lack in morals in associating yourself with an organisation with such a despicable history!

Sad thing is that, even if Rangers die, there will still be guys like you, prepared to turn a blind eye to these idiots. The same is true of the other side of the old firm with the only difference being that their odious minority is not quite so large!

Did you ask him to desist from his sectarianism? If not did you approach a steward or police officer to ask for them to have a word with the offender? Were there any bears who asked him or the stewards to deal with the situation?

As Edmund Burke once said

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

The same is true of the other side of the old firm with the only difference being that their odious minority is not quite so large!

I would say the main difference is we know we have a problem and it is accepted from the boardroom to the stands. Across the city they simply do not see it as a problem at all and still to this day actively encourage it.

Did you ask him to desist from his sectarianism? If not did you approach a steward or police officer to ask for them to have a word with the offender? Were there any bears who asked him or the stewards to deal with the situation?

Do you know the Jerry Kerr stand? The guy was in the front row and was only feet away from a Steward and a policeman. It is their job to take action. He was actually goading them..Challenging them to lift him..and eventually they did.

If you are asking if i would ask someone to stop...Yep not a problem and have done it on many occasions at Ibrox. I am not claiming to be some big hard man by any stretch of the imagination but i can look after myself and would never be intimidated by a daft bigot..That said i can understand why others might think twice about confronting bigots. I suppose it is up to the individual and the circumstances. Remember i take my son to these games and don't want him influenced by these arseholes and making the same mistakes i have in the past.