Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

they can amend the rules for a newco, a cva or even if they are still in admin.

'They' being the SPL?

Platini would go apeshit. Sorry, no UEFA license, no SPL football.

All the court cases, name changes etc don't matter. THIS is the most important aspect imo, and its hardly been touched upon.

Without the ablility to qualify for a UEFA license. they are doomed.

'They' being the SPL?

Platini would go apeshit. Sorry, no UEFA license, no SPL football.

All the court cases, name changes etc don't matter. THIS is the most important aspect imo, and its hardly been touched upon.

Without the ablility to qualify for a UEFA license. they are doomed.

It's not an UEFA requirement for the club to hold a licence in the top division, last I looked 4 UEFA member associations were still to have all their top clubs licenced to that standard. Is the issue with Rangers not that they do not even hold the bronze standard club licence at the moment?

Edited by stonedsailor

what are you basing this on?

The fact that Rangers need one, which they can't get re audited accounts.

UEFA would go nuts if the SPL turned over on that being a criteria for the top flight. You do not need to have a license to play in the SPL, but, you 'need' to be able to qualify for one.

Lower league Cup winners get dispensation to play in Europe as they need a license to do so, Rangers cannot get one.

It's not an UEFA requirement for the club to hold a licence in the top division, last I looked 4 UEFA member associations were still to have all their top clubs licenced to that standard. Is the issue with Rangers not that they do not even hold the bronze standard club licence at the moment?

It is not a UEFA requirement as far as I am aware but that isn't the point, but an SPL one. Don't need to have it, must be able to get it.

They can't.

The fact that Rangers need one, which they can't get re audited accounts.

UEFA would go nuts if the SPL turned over on that being a criteria for the top flight. You do not need to have a license to play in the SPL, but, you 'need' to be able to qualify for one.

Lower league Cup winners get dispensation to play in Europe as they need a license to do so, Rangers cannot get one.

Turn yer spell checker on to UK English your spelling of licence is irritating me :P

It is not a UEFA requirement as far as I am aware but that isn't the point, but an SPL one. Don't need to have it, must be able to get it.

They can't.

Fair enough, I just can't see UEFA being too bothered since not all of their member associations meet the criteria.

This thread will do Billy...........

Btw, have Rangers registered a ground for the SPL for ext season? 01/06/12 cut off you know. A Newco might not get even that allowed............

They arra peeple. They do as they please.

Turn yer spell checker on to UK English your spelling of licence is irritating me :P

lol, not spellchecker, some keys don't work on laptop, so combo of onscreen keyboard and me being a fud is what it is :D

Noted!

Fair enough, I just can't see UEFA being too bothered since not all of their member associations meet the criteria.

? after taking the civil court route, dual contracts, etc etc.

I think UEFA would not be pleased for another appeasment.

^^^^deliberate :P

I keep reading on P&B ( i have read every post in this thread) that a CVA will not/cannot get pushed through and there seems to be various plausible theories for this.

However, this is the ONLY place i find this point of view. Every paper or other media, every person i see interviewed, tells me the opposite.

I know what i would like to happen but i'm starting to think it will be a CVA, not enough evidence of double contracts, practically debt free Rainjurs in the SPL.

Sadly, nothing to see here, move along.

I've not seen much in the papers or on TV to support a CVA lately. Liquidation is the talk.

Rest easy. HMRC won't go for a CVA, stonewall decision. And now it looks like a newco is out going by S Thompson's comments today. Plus Rangers might be suspended. They've got nothing going for them. Calm before a mighty storm...

1339171903[/url]' post='6314502']

Celtic season ticket advert in the Sun today has the following line in it

Applies to Under 13 Opt-out and Under 13 Special Season Tickets which exclude games against Rangers FC or a successor to it.

Covering themselves for a Newco Rangers

Think their fans would rather have a covering note promising to block a Newco getting entry to the SPL.

? after taking the civil court route, dual contracts, etc etc.

I think UEFA would not be pleased for another appeasment.

^^^^deliberate :P

:D

Possibly but I don't think it will matter too much, I can see the SFA stalling on the appellate panel meeting putting the CVA at big risk with the uncertainty of whether or not Rangers will be suspended. When/if the CVA is rejected then there will be a delay before the SPL chairmen meet to vote on the newco getting in to the SPL and even if they do there is now a big cloud over what sanctions Zombie Rangers will face to get back in, a transfer embargo being one of the possible sanctions ;) . I am not even sure how the creditors can vote on a CVA since there is no way of knowing just now who holds what percentage of the debt until the BTC judgement is made public, there are far too many variables and hurdles in the way just now for Rangers to escape scot free.

"in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes"

So said Benjamin Franklin.

They might reckon they can dodge one, but in trying to do so, they've only hastened the arrival of the other.

Patience people. It will come.

Possibly but I don't think it will matter too much, I can see the SFA stalling on the appellate panel meeting putting the CVA at big risk with the uncertainty of whether or not Rangers will be suspended. When/if the CVA is rejected then there will be a delay before the SPL chairmen meet to vote on the newco getting in to the SPL and even if they do there is now a big cloud over what sanctions Zombie Rangers will face to get back in, a transfer embargo being one of the possible sanctions ;) . I am not even sure how the creditors can vote on a CVA since there is no way of knowing just now who holds what percentage of the debt until the BTC judgement is made public, there are far too many variables and hurdles in the way just now for Rangers to escape scot free.

Exactly, but for all of the above, its an irrelevance due to my point!

Erm NO! actually you cant. Consumer rights don't actually cover you in the event of liquidation. So the peeple will be lucky to get a thing back as they will also become creditors. Think Farepack!

The one area where Orcs could get some protection is if they pay via credit card as they would get protection under that should the goods they buy fail to be fully delivered. I seem to recall back in the dark old days for Saints that this was quoted as one of the reasons why the club were then refused permission by the bank to allow credit cards to be used, as ultimately the bank would become out of pocket should the club have failed.

Would this really have any effect? I can't really see Hector being too concerned about whether "ra peepul" might be suspended or expelled and that having any influence over the decision to pulverise them or not.