Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Naw - don't believe suspensed sentences work that way - they are intended to act as a deterrent from repeating the same behaviour at a later date.

To use a silly analogy, if I get a suspended sentence for housebreaking, it wouldn't be valid to invoke the supended sentence cos I get several parking tickets or caught speeding.

But if you got a suspended sentence for housebreaking, it would be invoked of you were arrested for another criminal charge, like assault. Getting a suspended sentence doesnt mean the only way to break it is to commit exactly the same offense.

But if you got a suspended sentence for housebreaking, it would be invoked of you were arrested for another criminal charge, like assault. Getting a suspended sentence doesnt mean the only way to break it is to commit exactly the same offense.

This thread is taking (another) strange turn. :)

I amended it to Road Traffic Offences. - you'd lose your licence for being caught @ 130mph and might face jail time for the driving offence, but they wouldn't invoke a suspended theft-related sentence (unless you were fleeing from the scene of a further housebreaking!)

You're not comparing like with like though. A speeding offence isnt a statutory offence - you wouldnt be jailed for driving at 130mph, unless you were also done for dangerous driving. At which point, you may well have your suspended sentence revoked (not sure on that one, given the different nature of traffic offences)

What is certain, though, is that your suspended sentence for housebreaking does not require you to commit another housebreaking offence to be invoked.

Umm, I'm no expert on the matter, but I thought a suspended sentence is to act as a deterrent against any further misdeeds, whether it's related to the original offence or not. It might be a false analogy, but if a lifer gets released on parole, can he not get sent back to prison for committing a relatively minor offence? If not, I must pop off an enraged letter to the Daily Mail at once.....

No, youre right. One of the Bulger killers was put back in prison for something, relatively, minor - compared to his original crime anyway.

It's the SFA, an association, not a criminal court. All the clubs agree to work within the articles or they can exit at any time and go to law. Analogies with criminal proceedings are fun but not relevant. Glennie found that the sanction was not specifically listed as an option in the articles of the association, he has no jurisdiction on the validity or severity of the sanctions.

2 nuggets from the official Rangers website

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2803802 - A big friendly match in July against Le Havre

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2803655 - Some Friendly matches during the pre season training camp in Germany

Anyone want to lay odds on any of this actually coming to fruition?

Shouldn't that really be Le Havre-Nots ?

It's the SFA, an association, not a criminal court. All the clubs agree to work within the articles or they can exit at any time and go to law. Analogies with criminal proceedings are fun but not relevant. Glennie found that the sanction was not specifically listed as an option in the articles of the association, he has no jurisdiction on the validity or severity of the sanctions.

Uh-huh - not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted

Saw this and thought it fitting..

@DalaiLama: To be extremely self-centred, only interested in your own satisfaction, always brings negative consequences in the long run.

This just shows the arrogance of Rangers.

Arranging tours of Germany, friendlies in foreign countries.

They should be keeping schtum, sitting on their hands and waiting to see what their punishment is before arranging these expensive and quite pointless events when they could be down the pan in the next few weeks.

They are acting as if nothing is wrong and they're not a bunch of cheating gits. Where they feck are they getting the money for these trips abroad when they can't pay any of their debts?

Boils my piss so it does :angry:

If the articles don't specifically allow for a suspended sentence they can't risk passing one down.

Just a thought on this...if they passed such a sentence, and there was debate regarding whether it was in their power to do so, could another club within the association take the SFA to the COS and appeal the penalty?? Basically a club saying you've let them off the hook when you weren't empowered to do so and we're going to complain about it.

I like the cut of this Mr. Green character's jib:

Mr King’s statement is breathtaking in its arrogance and is destructive to the interests of the club.”

But later he added: “I said on day one to anyone who has money put your hand up, sign the cheques and get behind us. If he wants to be part of it I’ve no problem.”

Sounds like another stand-up guy.

If the articles don't specifically allow for a suspended sentence they can't risk passing one down.

Thats a good point. Anyone know, or be bothered to look through the rules to see, if a suspended sentence is available?

Just a thought on this...if they passed such a sentence, and there was debate regarding whether it was in their power to do so, could another club within the association take the SFA to the COS and appeal the penalty?? Basically a club saying you've let them off the hook when you weren't empowered to do so and we're going to complain about it.

Yes, I would say so. The SFA arent going to have to be very careful about the punishments they dish out in future. I wouldnt have thought it will be a major issue though. The Rangers case was, obviously, very different and they tried to apply a bit of common sense. Most cases will be far more straightforward

Uh-huh - not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted

I ken, going round and round in circles with this stuff! May have picked it up wrong but we're having a long debate on suspension or suspended suspension(!) of RFC(IA) by the SFA and making comparisons with a suspended sentence handed out by the courts. All I'm saying is that it is not comparable with the courts because it's about association articles; small point but the rfcmedia are keen to muddy the waters with talk of what's fair and what isn't. It's very clear, abide by the association articles or leave any time you want.

This just shows the arrogance of Rangers.

Arranging tours of Germany, friendlies in foreign countries.

They should be keeping schtum, sitting on their hands and waiting to see what their punishment is before arranging these expensive and quite pointless events when they could be down the pan in the next few weeks.

They are acting as if nothing is wrong and they're not a bunch of cheating gits. Where they feck are they getting the money for these trips abroad when they can't pay any of their debts?

Boils my piss so it does :angry:

Kind of agree with you - maybe it's because one of the administators staff has racked up £900 sobs for a couple of hours graft lin arranging same .......................