Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So you agree to a Compromise, if what you say happens and we get a change to the voting structure (11/3, under 90% but over 75%)and proper league reconstruction (14) then we the fans of other clubs should also compromise to give Scottish football one last chance, if what you say doesn't happen then Scottish Football is dead,if not already, this whole saga has turned our game in to a farce and without compromise, the game will be over, for me anyway :(

The 14 teams bit is irrelevant to this discussion. That is open for discussion.

The problem for the non Old Firm clubs is many are in huge debt and fear that a Rangersless league will result in reduced TV income and push them over the edge. Celtic's presence means they won't have a competitive league either and so there is no real gain in seeing Rangers die.

Keeping Rangers alive and competitive means the SPL keeps the same level of TV income and they can get a greater share.

The only real loser in all this is Celtic. And who gives a fu about them.

That cheered me up.

Lots of the coverage made it sound a bit bleak there. It's good though to hear that someone respected and informed finds the unbelievable notion of them wriggling free, well... unbelievable.

The idea of HMRC and the SPL welcoming Miller's bid has been shot down by both bodies. Now obviously the SPL aren't to be trusted, but the fact that HMRC quickly said they'd had no contact, suggests that H&D were simply at it once more.

Don't stop believing folks - they're still in it deep, despite what the likes of Craigan, McCall and Houghton want us to believe.

Ray Houghton doesn't give a flying f*** about the country of his birth, the scrote. I'm surprised he even remembers we play football up here.

Edited by Jim Leighton

Alex Thompson link if you missed it

C4 News report

Awesome. I take back what I said about curios cove Alexander james Thomson revealing nothing new. That piece is fantastic.

Guy in the studio obviously isn't up to speed: "Rangers fans are worried about what happens to the club's outstanding debt and its creditors." Aye right.

"You're sounding skeptical Alex." No shit :lol:

Strachan played a blinder on the sniveling front with something along the lines of 'Scottish football needs Rangers, Celtic would enjoy winning everything with a Rangers in it'.

Stuttering along in the now accepted dogma of nobody else actually winning anything.

Anyone who isn't a follower of Celtic or Rangers who pays money to go to a game next season I have to ask - why? What would be the point?

Is it not like the dealer showing you the rigged roulette wheel is going to stop at zero and you betting £400 on it? There's an argument I suppose that it's always been like this but now the table's dodgy mechanism is on open display will you keep spending money when you cannot win?

But its been like that for over a century. The Old Firm have dominated Scottish football for over 100 years. Both clubs have exploited sectarianism to gain an advantage on the pitch. Rangers have spent money they don't have. Celtic used intimidation to gain refereeing decisions in their favour. Its a never ending story.

The ideal solution would be for the non Old Firm clubs to resign and start a new league.

They can't because too may are in big debt and fear that a non Old Firm set up would see the banks calling in the debts.

The sole death of Rangers does not help because Celtic will remain. In such a set up all that happens is the non Old Firm clubs will lose TV money.

The best solution is to allow newco Rangers in with no sanctions, thus preserving TV money. They can then get a greater share of the TV money and fuck Celtic at the same time.

Its the best solution out of a bad bunch.

Anyone who isn't a follower of Celtic or Rangers who pays money to go to a game next season I have to ask - why? What would be the point?

Is it not like the dealer showing you the rigged roulette wheel is going to stop at zero and you betting £400 on it? There's an argument I suppose that it's always been like this but now the table's dodgy mechanism is on open display will you keep spending money when you cannot win?

Spot on but we have to give the SPL one last chance to put the game right, their plan will have to be watertight as the eyes of the game will pour over every detail, one false statement and its as you say/indicate, not worth watching.

Here is the question though, what one thing about our game will make the majority of all fans give our game that one last chance?

My view is Equality of competition, a level playing feild.

I am surprised at the pessimism on here. Maybe's it's because I am out of Scotland these days.

It strikes me that the announcements today really are Bill Miller's best hand and he has played all his cards.

The SPL might fold, in the face of Miller's hand, but I really cannot see how HMRC and UEFA will fold. Nor can i see how it is possible to agree a CVA given the gigantic debts Rangers have amassed. All this flatulent rhetoric about incubators, preserving the healthy part etc, is just so much stale wind from Miller's lower intestine.

In a couple of weeks he'll be a busted flush. And ra Peepul will be back to square one, and being loaded into the big blender ready for liquidation.

I am sure we will have to endure the tedium of a revived Blue Shytes / Oddball Kennedy bid, and that may kick the can further down the road, but there really is only one outcome here. Rangers to get to the end of the season and then sink like a torpedoed oil tanker.

If the Rangers fans can re-assemble their club for a tilt back up the leagues then personally I wouldn't have a problem with that. The trouble is that the support seems as divided as a Trotskyite faction and there as many factions and differences of opinion, as insignificant people with no money and little more influence jockey for the media limelight.

It's a defining moment and I won't allow myself to think that the shoddy confidence trick that Miller proposes will be worn by anyone.

The 14 teams bit is irrelevant to this discussion. That is open for discussion.

The problem for the non Old Firm clubs is many are in huge debt and fear that a Rangersless league will result in reduced TV income and push them over the edge. Celtic's presence means they won't have a competitive league either and so there is no real gain in seeing Rangers die.

Keeping Rangers alive and competitive means the SPL keeps the same level of TV income and they can get a greater share.

The only real loser in all this is Celtic. And who gives a fu about them.

Agreed to most of that!!!

But I do give a feck though about Celtic first (me) Then Hearts (Wife and son) Scotland (Me and son) and finally Scottish football (its been tarnished) i loved Scottish football, the game needs a chance, we need to give it a chance but only if the Will comes from within scottish football.

Not that I can make much difference but I'm finished with any SPL football clubs and will not give a Tennessee cent to that body. Anyone who continues to fund that league and isn't an OF supporter needs their head examined.

Easy to say that when you support a club that has little or no chance of ever playing in the SPL.

Agreed to most of that!!!

But I do give a feck though about Celtic first (me) Then Hearts (Wife and son) Scotland (Me and son) and finally Scottish football (its been tarnished) i loved Scottish football, the game needs a chance, we need to give it a chance but only if the Will comes from within scottish football.

You state that you do give a fuck about Celtic then state that the game has been tarnished.... :blink:

What tarnishes the game in Scotland most is the Old Firm exploiting sectarianism in order to dominate the honours!

Alex Thomson is playing a blinder. Well done to the guy.

One thing that amuses me is Rangers fans worrying about losing their history.

They can rest assured that that won't happen.

Lest we forget 140 years of sectarianism, bigotry, hatred, intimidation, cheating, rioting supporters and umpteen tainted titles.

Awesome. I take back what I said about curios cove Alexander james Thomson revealing nothing new. That piece is fantastic.

Guy in the studio obviously isn't up to speed: "Rangers fans are worried about what happens to the club's outstanding debt and its creditors." Aye right.

"You're sounding skeptical Alex." No shit :lol:

That clip made me laugh out loud.

It was as if the blue bigots were a piece of dogshit on his shoe.

Which of course they are.

i dont believe for a minute this miller guy will even put a buck down on the table and attempt to get this scam off the ground..if doing something like this was that easy , nobody would ever pay for anything.. i get the feeling either dowf and flaps are trying to get a higher bid out of some other bidder or theyve had enough and want out .. im pretty sure we,ll have some other kind of deadline by the weekend..

Weakest troll evah.

Its a serious point.

Motherwell & Dundee are cheats just like Rangers. If we are going to have a level playing field then it needs to apply to these clubs as well.

Motherwell are 3rd in the SPL and about to qualify for the Champions League. And they say that cheats never win? Seems to me that Motherwell are making a mockery of that.