Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Talksport have been a disgrace. Just an extension of the Record. Their 'updates' have been from Rangers apologist after Rangers apologist. I briefly caught a bit this morning from Stuart McCall about Motherwell qualifying for the Champions League. Needless to say, neither Motherwell nor the Champions League were mentioned.

Totally agree.

The reason why i started listening to TS instead of the BBC/Clyde1/RR was because I was sick of the biased nonsense we get up here but after listening to this whole saga the only person to come out of this smelling of roses is Alex Thomson!

If I was a fan of a club that was under investigation for so much dodgy activity I wouldn't be putting it about that my forum was running a prostitution ring.

What?! I get the feeling I've missed something.

Totally agree. I keep hearing them say that Whyte is an "irrelevance" they are too quick to keep dismissing him, it makes me suspicious.

I think people are reading to much into this. Miller doesn't need conditions on his bid as he hasn't stumped up the £500k exclusivity fee. If something happens he does not like he just walks away with his bank balance still in tact. He only needed conditions when he was being asked to pay a non refundable deposit. As this seems to have been waived by Duff&Phelps what has he got to lose.

They'll probably do a Whyte and charge the £500k to Rangers. Let's face it, when you're bust what's half a mil between friends?

Alex Thompson may be more forthright than some of the other journalists but I think a bit sensational, paraphrased:

"This may look like a football club behind me, but its a giant symbol of despair"

Edited by Cammy35

1336077380[/url]' post='6199675']

Alex Thompson link if you missed it

C4 News report

I've got the plan worked out now.

Alex thomson described Ibrox as " A giant symbol of utter despair"

Thon picture o the Scream sold for £74million yesterday ,Therefore a couple of paintings of castle doom and the billy boys are debt free.

Canny see a flaw anywhere !

Edit fir typo

Edited by Skudbook

I've got the plan worked out now.

Alex thomson described Ibrox as " A giant symbol of utter despair"

Thon picture o the Scream sold for £74million yesterday therefore a couple of paintings of castle doom and the billy boys are debt free.

Canny see a flaw anywhere !

You can be the 'preferred bidder' on that cunning plan for an exclusivity fee of a mere £1 million. Cash wired to the account of A. Moonbeam QC in Zurich. No cheques.

There is no real benefit to the non Old Firm clubs in seeing Rangers die. The continued presence of Celtic will still see us lumbered with an anti competitive league.

So here's what will happen.

Rangers newco will start afresh with no debt and the SPL will allow Rangers newco straight into the SPL. The SPL will impose no sanctions on Rangers newco. They can't impose sanctions on Rangers newco as they wouldn't want to create an anti competitive league with no challenge to Celtic. They will want to maximise TV income.

In return, Rangers newco will agree to a change in the voting to 75% majority. This will allow the non Old Firm clubs to get a greater share of the TV money.

There will be 2 winners and 1 loser.

Winners:

1. Rangers shed £150m of debt.

2. Non Old Firm clubs get a greater share of the TV money.

Loser:

1. Celtic lose a large chunk of TV money and face competition from a debt free Rangers.

So you agree to a Compromise, if what you say happens and we get a change to the voting structure (11/3, under 90% but over 75%)and proper league reconstruction (14) then we the fans of other clubs should also compromise to give Scottish football one last chance, if what you say doesn't happen then Scottish Football is dead,if not already, this whole saga has turned our game in to a farce and without compromise, the game will be over, for me anyway :(

Anyone who isn't a follower of Celtic or Rangers who pays money to go to a game next season I have to ask - why? What would be the point?

Is it not like the dealer showing you the rigged roulette wheel is going to stop at zero and you betting £400 on it? There's an argument I suppose that it's always been like this but now the table's dodgy mechanism is on open display will you keep spending money when you cannot win?

Alex Thompson link if you missed it

C4 News report

That cheered me up.

Lots of the coverage made it sound a bit bleak there. It's good though to hear that someone respected and informed finds the unbelievable notion of them wriggling free, well... unbelievable.

The idea of HMRC and the SPL welcoming Miller's bid has been shot down by both bodies. Now obviously the SPL aren't to be trusted, but the fact that HMRC quickly said they'd had no contact, suggests that H&D were simply at it once more.

Don't stop believing folks - they're still in it deep, despite what the likes of Craigan, McCall and Houghton want us to believe.

Edited by Monkey Tennis