Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

@mattslaterbbc: Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino: pay your taxes or we will ban you from Euro competition, no matter how 'big' you are

- I guess this has a bearing on the Spanish clubs that reportedly are tax dodging too.

How much is the land Rangers own worth to a property developer? The answer to that question will determine whether a CVA or liquidation is best for the creditors.

In any case what's to stop the administrators selling this land now and paying off the debts? The club will find somewhere else to train and can groundshare.

How much is the land Rangers own worth to a property developer? The answer to that question will determine whether a CVA or liquidation is best for the creditors.

In any case what's to stop the administrators selling this land now and paying off the debts? The club will find somewhere else to train and can groundshare.

who's buying in the current financial climate ? thats before even considering any planning restrictions !

It's in Govan... probably less than the £1 it cost Whyte for his shares.

Seriously though, not very much I would hazard given the frontage of the main stand is listed and needs to be retained, that and it's not exactly situated in a prime development location.

It's in Govan... probably less than the £1 it cost Whyte for his shares.

Seriously though, not very much I would hazard given the frontage of the main stand is listed and needs to be retained, that and it's not exactly situated in a prime development location.

Plus the close proximity of Braehead and Govan Asda. I am sure even Tesco were refused permission to build a store in the local area in the last few years by Glasgow District Council

Plus the close proximity of Braehead and Govan Asda. I am sure even Tesco were refused permission to build a store in the local area in the last few years by Glasgow District Council

Showing your age :P

If, however they liquidise and are automatically parachuted into the SPL. Also if the SFA shrug off the alleged rule breaking as technically it wasn't the newco then it doesn't matter the emotional attachment I have for the Rovers. It doesn't even matter if the Rovers played no part in the "conspiracy" to get Rangers back in to the top flight.

As others have said, this scenario would render fair competition in Scottish football non existant.

I just don't understand the above argument. Does anybody honestly believe the SPL was founded to make scottish football fairer? The SPL was set up by the 'elite clubs' of this country to keep the vast majority of the money to themself...It was never set up with the spirit of fair play in mind.

I am not 100% on the facts but were the rules not changed twice mid season to save Aberdeen from relegation? I am sure there have been rule changes before to keep teams out or in. It has happened before and will happen again as teams in the top tier are only interested in their own well being!!

I have already said numerous times it would be morally wrong if Rangers Newco. are put staright back into the SPL. If they go into liquidation then i would think relegation to the 3rd division would be a fair punishment. I have stated all the benefits this would bring to the SFL and Scottish football as a whole. I just don't understand why a supporter of a Raith Rovers would stop going to watch his team...We are not in the same League..his club have little or no say in it one way or the other...Why punish your club for the actions of others? The game in this country needs more people like you to come out and support your club and football. We have lost far too many supporters and it has to stop or the game dies.

I just don't understand the above argument. Does anybody honestly believe the SPL was founded to make scottish football fairer? The SPL was set up by the 'elite clubs' of this country to keep the vast majority of the money to themself...It was never set up with the spirit of fair play in mind.

I am not 100% on the facts but were the rules not changed twice mid season to save Aberdeen from relegation? I am sure there have been rule changes before to keep teams out or in. It has happened before and will happen again as teams in the top tier are only interested in their own well being!!

I have already said numerous times it would be morally wrong if Rangers Newco. are put staright back into the SPL. If they go into liquidation then i would think relegation to the 3rd division would be a fair punishment. I have stated all the benefits this would bring to the SFL and Scottish football as a whole. I just don't understand why a supporter of a Raith Rovers would stop going to watch his team...We are not in the same League..his club have little or no say in it one way or the other...Why punish your club for the actions of others? The game in this country needs more people like you to come out and support your club and football. We have lost far too many supporters and it has to stop or the game dies.

Short- term it won't affect Raith but they are just one of a number of clubs who have genuine and realistic aspirations of reaching the SPL. They also, to the best of my knowledge, follow the rules and suffer disadvantage by doing so.

Raith Rovers and the SFL collectively do have a say in my view - if they see that the competitive structure (the SPL and SFA have a relationship after all) has been rigged then how can they not?

I appreciate what you are saying and as I said before, I wouldn't be making any sort of "threats" about never going back etc. But I would be asking what is the point! The game needs people like him and people like me to come out and support it.... well the people need a game that earns and deserves our support and interest.

Your point about the SPL and its origins is spot on, by the way. We ALSO need restructure financially. If we truly DO need The Old Firm to sell our game to the extent that without it other clubs will die, then we need to ask how did we get to that stage and how do we put it right. But, a money grab from the then top 10 teams at least has a basis in what is "fair" - ie that the clubs who generate the most money see most of it staying there to support their success. It has always been on the basis that the bottom team in the SPL loses their place and someone else gets a shot. It's not fair enough - I think that's generally accepted by fans. But it's entirely different to rigging the league to make sure that two clubs are always in it regardless of what happens (in this case what happens being the prospect of one of them winding up and starting again!).

Aberdeen were saved by the rules, in simple terms. From a sporting point of view that wasn't fair really. But I must say I don't understand the argument that because something unfair happened before we should all just accept that anything unfair is outwith our control and blindly go along anyway. We do have a say - if we don't like what's on offer, we don't need to pay for it. It's not just about love of one club - it's about participation in the game as a whole. If the game as a whole feels pointless then why bother!

It was nothing to do with religion. When a question is posed that has an obvious answer, "will Rangers support the retention of the existing 11-1 voting structure?" an often used response is a facetious question "Is the Pope a catholic?"

Any c**t with half a brain would recognise the reference, obviously that excludes you.

"Has she also tweeted confirmation about the Pope's religion?" Which you posted in reponse to my "disgusted by D&P's vote. So no your post wasn't a bit of harmless banter, what you implied was very clear.

Only someone with serious problems would come out with something like that, so stick your dated stereotypes where they'll fit. As i said you're more bigoted than OF fan on here.

Kennedy's green knights bid is on hold, but will probably pull out if one of the other sops makes a bid. Not really sure what he's up to....

So let me get this straight. The Blues are owned by Whyte and are in the Red. Kennedy's Green knights want to buy them while King is Blacklisted. Can someone tell me when Yellow is coming into this as that way the Gers can fly the Olympic flag instead of the Union Jack.

"Has she also tweeted confirmation about the Pope's religion?" Which you posted in reponse to my "disgusted by D&P's vote. So no your post wasn't a bit of harmless banter, what you implied was very clear.

Only someone with serious problems would come out with something like that, so stick your dated stereotypes where they'll fit. As i said you're more bigoted than OF fan on here.

Tell me this is a whoosh.

It's not an argument..... I am not debating with anyone, this is how I feel about the situation. The SPL has already started my general apathy toward the game in this country. At the end of last season I was gutted not to beat Dunfermline to the title but I'm certainly not gutted to have missed out on the boring SPL.

I said before that my intention would not be to punish the Rovers, but don't see the point in going to see a "competition" in which the big two can do whatever they want with total contempt for the rules.

Your last two sentences are very true but if Rangers are given anything other than fair treatment they deserve then football in this country will have one less supporter.

It wouldn't be "morally wrong" It would be absolutely fucking disgusting and spitting in the face of the rules of Scottish football and the law of the land! They shouldn't even be allowed into Division 3 without following the due process any other club would.

It's not an argument..... I am not debating with anyone, this is how I feel about the situation. The SPL has already started my general apathy toward the game in this country. At the end of last season I was gutted not to beat Dunfermline to the title but I'm certainly not gutted to have missed out on the boring SPL.

I said before that my intention would not be to punish the Rovers, but don't see the point in going to see a "competition" in which the big two can do whatever they want with total contempt for the rules.

Your last two sentences are very true but if Rangers are given anything other than fair treatment they deserve then football in this country will have one less supporter.

It wouldn't be "morally wrong" It would be absolutely fucking disgusting and spitting in the face of the rules of Scottish football and the law of the land! They shouldn't even be allowed into Division 3 without following the due process any other club would.

I understand your view.

There is a way of looking at it that I have used for years. Never mind which Glasgow big team wins, the real competition is for 3, 4 and 5. And the cups.

I was certainly pleased with my team last season and I am again this season. Made a change from fighting regulation!

Aberdeen were spared a relegation playoff in 2000 due to Falkirk. Dunno if that's really a 'saved from relegation'

Rules were applied as per the start of that season on stadium criteria.

Haudit & Daudit are doing ok out of it pmsl.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23804107/

I might be missing the bleedin' obvious here - but the longer Haudit & Daudit hang around racking up this enormous bill.... who do they think will pay it? If they end up being owed 2 million, 2.5 million, 3 million.... who is liable for it, and what hope in hell do they have of seeing their 3 million!?

....Waits as the bleedin' obvious is pointed out to him.... or not. Tumbleweed moment...

Aberdeen were spared a relegation playoff in 2000 due to Falkirk. Dunno if that's really a 'saved from relegation'

Rules were applied as per the start of that season on stadium criteria.

I think the point is that Aberdeen were the accidental beneficiaries of a rule change - the rules weren't changed on their account.