Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Uefa to get involved next week, btw. Complaints made by Porto and Werder Bremen.

Alex Thomson claims UEFA have said they are not sending their compliance officer to Scotland next week. I would take anything originating from Celtic Quick News with a pinch of salt - that Berlin Wall Moment is a long time coming ;)

Looks like the guy Alex Thomson knows how to ask the right questions of the right people;

@alextomo:UEFA'At present we have no plans to send a compliance officer to Scotland"...

@alextomo: UEFA "We are in contact with the Scottish FA and offering assistance."

Whats the story about Porto & Werder Bremen complaining ? -Have I missed another gem???

I like this Channel 4 guy-

Asked

"What is your motivation here Alex, why has channel 4 who have no football links decided to target Rangers?"

He responded with

"News. I had no tsunami links till Japan"

laugh.gif

Edited by flyingscot

But his 'social responsibility' only applies if Duff and Duffer can wipe out all the debt and deliver an acceptable CVA.

Sounds like a totally stand up guy

Its crazy really, who wouldnt want to buy Rangers if they were debt free, they should be hugely profitable.

Rangers are back in the current issue of Private Eye magazine (Issue 1309). with 'Slicker' still following the slime trail left by Whyte and co. With him and Channel 4 on their case, it's only a matter of time before they're knocking at the SFA, words such as "complicity" and "aiding and abetting" are bandied, and Campbell Ogilvie suddenly starts citing "family reasons" for heading off in a hastily packed suitcase to the first country without an extradition treaty with Britain.

Agreed. It's one thing for Chico and Traynor to suck up to the orcs, but Slicker and Thomson don't rely on the Ugly Sisters for their livelihood, and don't really care if they get invited for a meal of succulent lamb or not. Welcome to life outside the Glasgow goldfish bowl, ya cheating, lying, conniving, corrupt criminals. And don't think UEFA will be sympathetic, either....:D

The only thing that depresses me is what the whole stinking mess says about the nation that's allowed this disgrace to carry on for so long. :(

KTID

Alex Thomson is proving to be a real hero in this whole murky affair, what a guy! I'm so excited about the Channel 4 expose, do we have any idea when it'll be aired? Next week sometime or would that be too quick a turnaround after filming?

What the betting that Haudit and Daudit's deadline of 5pm today will be extended to Monday after extensive but unresolved talks with interested parties , then Tuesaday , Wednesday , Thursday .....................

Its crazy really, who wouldnt want to buy Rangers if they were debt free, they should be hugely profitable.

Only if you asset stripped.

As an ongoing concern they were needing a mill a month remember to survive at their spending levels, reduce that and you reduce their success and profitability.

What the betting that Haudit and Daudit's deadline of 5pm today will be extended to Monday after extensive but unresolved talks with interested parties , then Tuesaday , Wednesday , Thursday .....................

Cast-iron certainty. I've seen big Mark Yardley move quicker than Haudit & Daudit.

But his 'social responsibility' only applies if Duff and Duffer can wipe out all the debt and deliver an acceptable CVA.

Sounds like a totally stand up guy

Absolutely, his social responsibility doesn't actually extend to paying people what they are owed.

? Its 5pm for interested parties and Haudit + Co will shortlist at that point as far as I understand it.

Wont be today for a takeover.

Asked

"What is your motivation here Alex, why has channel 4 who have no football links decided to target Rangers?"

He responded with

laugh.gif

I love this guy!

Absolutely, his social responsibility doesn't actually extend to paying people what they are owed.

Indeed. Im not actually criticising the guy for taking that stance either. Its just a bit hypocritical to dress it up as social responsibility

Asked

He responded with

laugh.gif

"“@tagsbo: @alextomo fair enough,but some of the phrases you have been using seem to come straight from Celtic fan boards. Balance is all we want.”

:lol: :lol:

Only if you asset stripped.

As an ongoing concern they were needing a mill a month remember to survive at their spending levels, reduce that and you reduce their success and profitability.

No. If they had no debt they wouldnt have such high overheads, they could cut cloth quite easily and be profitable even if they just accepted that they wouldnt be able to match Celtic's spending power.

No. If they had no debt they wouldnt have such high overheads, they could cut cloth quite easily and be profitable even if they just accepted that they wouldnt be able to match Celtic's spending power.

Disagree, remember they have not serviced the debt whilst in admin.

Take away Ticketus, and income @£12 mil season tickets, plus tv, plus merchandising. No Europe income. They would NOT be profitable.

Disagree, remember they have not serviced the debt whilst in admin.

Take away Ticketus, and income @£12 mil season tickets, plus tv, plus merchandising. No Europe income. They would NOT be profitable.

They would quite easily be profitable, Celtic are profitable ergo Rangers could quite easily be profitable if ran well.

They would quite easily be profitable, Celtic are profitable ergo Rangers could quite easily be profitable if ran well.

Celtic are only 'profitable' cos of Europe.They 'say' they dont factor it in, but.......

I dont expect that sort of income for Rangers for 5 years minimum.

Celtic are only 'profitable' cos of Europe.They 'say' they dont factor it in, but.......

I dont expect that sort of income for Rangers for 5 years minimum.

Im talking in a general sense, not right this instant. Rangers and Celtic should be very profitable for the size of the clubs, anyone taking over a debt free Rangers or Celtic should expect to do very well from either club.

Celtic are profitable despite not doing anything in Europe in recent years anyway.

Edited by MarreZ