Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It would be the end of the road for Celtic. Their crowds would dwindle.

Thge Old Firm's success is based on exploiting sectarianism, bigotry and hatred. They need each other to exist otherwise that exploitation would no longer be possible.

Once that goes then Celtic's days are numbered.

In the post war years before the mid 60s, the Edinburgh clubs got bigger gates than Celtic, and occasionally some of the other clubs. That is the way Celtic would be headed without Rangers. It would be a long slow death.

I'm not sure that's true. I think they would continue be able to exploit the Irish traditional stuff. It would be a lot less bigoted and hate-filled but that's a good thing.

Odds should be at BetFred soon on where the first arrests will be.

Whyte 10/1

Murray 25/1

Martin Bain 25/1

Willie Mackay 1/100 (I wish)

Any Rangers director over the last 10 years all at 100/1

The hot money is moving onto Murray and Bain. Now both sitting at 20/1.

Nice distracting technique from Dave King...."I knew nothing". Probably will move onto the Harry Redknapp defence soon, cannae read, cannae write, cannae do nuffink as I'm thick.

If they genuinely cared then this would have happened 3 weeks ago.

Eh? You want employees to approach the administrator to hand back wages they don't know need to be handed back?

What if Rangers had been able to meet the funding for the rest of the season with cuts elsewhere or new income generated?

I'm not sure that's true. I think they would continue be able to exploit the Irish traditional stuff.

Are we calling support for murdering Irish terrorist groups "traditional" now?

Whiterthanwhytey

'There is absolutely no necessity for Rangers to go into Liquidation. I believe we will come out of Administration by way of a CVA that is in the interest of all Stockholders'

:o

But not the HMRC I'd imagine.

I see our Friends over at Rangersmedia think it might be another "Celtic conspiracy"

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=213207

have it on very good authority that the main stumbling block to the deal being agreed between the players and the club is not even a player.

It is the former celtic pr chief Peter McLean, now an agent who represents two of our first team players and is the only agent to be refusing to agree to the deal which every other player and agent has agreed.

Perhaps it is just me, but would this guy's strong celtic links have anything to do with trying to stop a deal going through to prevent a liquidation event at his team's biggest rivals? Sounds to me he is not looking after his players, but his own allegiances first and foremost.

It's always someone elses fault with them

:lol:

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong here. My understanding, with Rangers, is that if they stay in administration till the end of the season they will still be in SPL but will be sanctioned with further points reduction at the start of next season. If they are liquidated they will automatically lose their membership of SPL and, as they are not members of SFL then any new team would need to apply for entry into that organisation and start in div 3. Being as there would be a vacancy in SFL 3 due to teams moving up the leagues to fill the void left by the demise of Rangers, and that any new club would likely meet all the criteria for membership of SFL, then I would imagine that new club would be the one of choice. I would also imagine that a large portion of the fanbase of RFC would transfer allegiance to any new club formed meaning that they could afford to retain full time staff and quickly work back up the leagues. They may take a few years to break out of SFL 1 though.

Whiterthanwhytey

'There is absolutely no necessity for Rangers to go into Liquidation. I believe we will come out of Administration by way of a CVA that is in the interest of all Stockholders'

I wonder how much Whyte would get if they paid out 30p in the pound.

Whiterthanwhytey

Depend on what you define as in the best interest of HMRC, I suppose.

Plenty people in the media (and plenty Rangers protagonists) would like to define it as maximum repayments possible to the public purse, which would mean a CVA if the repayments would outweigh the proceeds of liquidation.

Plenty others think HMRC should lose money on Rangers, to act as a deterrent to others.

I agree, they're attempting to protect the wee people, maybe in a strange way, but they're trying to do the right thing. McCoist too as far a I understand.

As others have said - with many of them earning between 5k and 25k PER WEEK - the best way for Rangers players to try and help cleaners and cooks on 15 - 20k a year would have been for those players to be let go as soon as possible, allowing as much money as possible to be saved. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm still completely puzzled as to why Haudit and Daudit didn't talk to them for a maximum of one full day, before making the tough decisions that they are supposedly there to make. With all due respect to what the Rangers players may be trying to do, they are in no position to be dictating anything - or even trying to dictate anything. Haudit & Daudit are, in my personal opinion, a disgrace.

Don't want Rangers in the junior leagues. Can you imagine those c***s winning the SJC? dry.gif

They can f**k off to a pub league where they belong. :)

FTOF

**edit**

I see the Rangers Media forum already have an amateur team by the name of "Rangers Media F.C."

med_gallery_117_34496.jpg

Maybe they can use them as the phoenix club :ph34r:

Edited by TheBeither

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

My understanding, with Rangers, is that if they stay in administration till the end of the season they will still be in SPL but will be sanctioned with further points reduction at the start of next season.

Yes, -10pts come 2012-13.

If they are liquidated they will automatically lose their membership of SPL and, as they are not members of SFL then any new team would need to apply for entry into that organisation and start in div 3.

Depends. If they are staring liquidation in the face, they may attempt to "transfer membership" (i.e. their share in SPL and SFA) to a new debt-free limited company. I approved, this could see them stay in SPL, or potentially be relegated or otherwise demoted to SFL (e.g. transfer permitted but with 100pt deduction).

Being as there would be a vacancy in SFL 3 due to teams moving up the leagues to fill the void left by the demise of Rangers, and that any new club would likely meet all the criteria for membership of SFL, then I would imagine that new club would be the one of choice.

Depends. Literally a brand new club might not be able to obtain SFA membership, required within a fortnight of joining SFL.

If there was a way of Rangers or a new Rangers applying, then regretably, - Yes, I'm sure they would win the ballot...

I would also imagine that a large portion of the fanbase of RFC would transfer allegiance to any new club formed meaning that they could afford to retain full time staff and quickly work back up the leagues. They may take a few years to break out of SFL 1 though.

Only time would tell on that one.

I'm moving on and looking into the future. Not sure what you're doing. Making that more difficult?

I'm confronting the reality of the Celtic support, not misty-eyed wringing hands bigot apologism.

Hibs have Irish traditions. They don't sing about Provisional IRA murderers. They are the progressive demonstration of "traditional" values.

Looking at the SFA handbook I can't see any rule stating a club must have 3 years of audited accounts before becoming an associate member of the SFA. I think people are getting confused with the UEFA rule book. So New Rangers could apply for membership to the SFL or SPL, and the SFA, but couldn't compete in Europe for three years.

As others have said - with many of them earning between 5k and 25k PER WEEK - the best way for Rangers players to try and help cleaners and cooks on 15 - 20k a year would have been for those players to be let go as soon as possible, allowing as much money as possible to be saved. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm still completely puzzled as to why Haudit and Daudit didn't talk to them for a maximum of one full day, before making the tough decisions that they are supposedly there to make. With all due respect to what the Rangers players may be trying to do, they are in no position to be dictating anything - or even trying to dictate anything. Haudit & Daudit are, in my personal opinion, a disgrace.

The Rangers players only interest is getting the right (for them) release clauses in the new contracts.

The wage cuts are on the agreement they can walk away for nothing or next to nothing in the summer, and the Admin guys want something back in the summer. It is nothing to do with helping cleaners and cooks but agents and players looking for signing on fees rather than clubs getting transfer fees.

As for the Admin timetable - it's been 22days and we have had 4 voluntary walk and little else bar a fee for the Admin guys that must be in the high 6 figures by now and the debt of a club losing £1 Mill a month going up.

With that in mind what chance of offers being in by March 16th (9days away) and a CVA cleared and agreed and audited accounts done by March 31st (24days away), as keeps getting mentioned. Best long running comedy since Only Fools & Horese ended.

Edited by MEADOWXI

If they are staring liquidation in the face, they may attempt to "transfer membership" (i.e. their share in SPL and SFA) to a new debt-free limited company. I approved, this could see them stay in SPL

Neil? Is that you? :P

The Rangers players only interest is getting the right (for them) release clauses in the new contracts.

The wage cuts are on the agreement they can walk away for nothing or next to nothing in the summer, and the Admin guys want something back in the summer. It is nothing to do with helping cleaners and cooks and agents and players looking for signing on fees rather than clubs getting transfer fees.

Completely agree. Can't understand why anyone is buying another version of events.

I was thinking earlier about McCoists refusal to get involved with the decision process on who would be going as he wasn't going to be the one to tell people they had to go.

What was he going to do at the end of the season when players, particularly young players, were just not going to have their contracts renewed? Claim it wasn't his decision & someone else did it?