Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

When the Big Hoose is closed down, even if it is for a temporary period, then they must be stripped of all their trophies, and any claims to their trophies.

None of this five-star, 'the most successful league side in the world' pish should survive. Their history should be wiped out.

Definitely, and we'll never tire reminding them of that.

I presume this has been argued to death elsewhere by more knowledgeable people than me, but I can't see why it's a given that the SPL needs Rangers. Granted, Celtic will lose out, but then they have the near-certain championship to compensate. The closest potential challengers (eg. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd) will lose two big gates a season, but if they are competing for second place I could see them making that up over the rest of the home games. The others such as Motherwell*, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren might also benefit from bigger travelling supports from the first four named. Plus there would be 5 places up for grabs in the top six rather than 4.

As for TV money, overall cake smaller, but everyone gets a bigger slice no?

*very unfair on current placing I know!

Doncaster is a pompous lying twat. He is trying to crush the spirit of all justice-seekers by smiling at the cameras and implying that Rangers will be in the SPL next season. Remember this is the twerp who told us that the 10 team SPL was in the best interests of everyone and kept a straight face while saying that the time for self-interest was at an end. He's a certified bellend from the school of bellend studies.

Good to see Petrie at least speaking out against Rangers, we need to put pressure on everyone else on that SPL board to do the right thing -- if your chairman is on that board, write to him and tell him you won't be going back if Rangers get voted in. Seriously, do it. Threaten to hit them where it hurts, if enough people do it then it might just tip the scales. Unthinkable things do sometimes happen -- if the World Trade Center can be destroyed, if Woolworths can go bust, then Rangers can definitely be thrown out the SPL. So let's get our chairmen's tongues off Doncaster's sweaty bawsack and make them listen to the people who really do matter. The fans -- the customers -- cannot be ignored without there being consequences.

It's not the board, it's the 11 chairmen.

Our chairman has already made all the wrong noises and I'm confident in saying he will almost certainly not listen to anything we have to say otherwise. :( I'm putting my faith in any two of Petrie, Yorkston and Romanov to do the necessary.

That's a valuation method known as depreciated replacement cost, not open market value as a saleable asset. Used as a way of ascribing value to an asset that has no realistic alternative use.

I imagine football clubs would only want/need to use that method of valuation so long as there was no chance of them continuing as a going concern. But surely if they were selling to another company who were going to be using the property for the same purpose they would have to ascribe a higher value.

As a matter of interest if this method of stadium valuation were used for all SPL clubs I wonder how many of them would still be technically solvent?

Edited by Granny Danger

Presumably 'condition' No. 1 will be 'Offer does not apply in the event of a huge tax bill arriving in the letterbox, honest guv'.'

More Moonbeams.

But there must be a point when you attach so many conditions to protect yourself (Ibrox and MP owned by the club, no fallout from Ticketus, no liability for tax, playing squad still in place, club stays in SPL, etc, etc) that you get to the stage where it becomes a fairly pointless PR exerc.....ahhhh rolleyes.gif

It's not the board, it's the 11 chairmen.

Our chairman has already made all the wrong noises and I'm confident in saying he will almost certainly not listen to anything we have to say otherwise. :( I'm putting my faith in any two of Petrie, Yorkston and Romanov to do the necessary.

I would hope Thompson would have the guts to reject a Rangers newco.

Doncaster is a pompous lying twat. He is trying to crush the spirit of all justice-seekers by smiling at the cameras and implying that Rangers will be in the SPL next season. Remember this is the twerp who told us that the 10 team SPL was in the best interests of everyone and kept a straight face while saying that the time for self-interest was at an end. He's a certified bellend from the school of bellend studies.

Good to see Petrie at least speaking out against Rangers, we need to put pressure on everyone else on that SPL board to do the right thing -- if your chairman is on that board, write to him and tell him you won't be going back if Rangers get voted in. Seriously, do it. Threaten to hit them where it hurts, if enough people do it then it might just tip the scales. Unthinkable things do sometimes happen -- if the World Trade Center can be destroyed, if Woolworths can go bust, then Rangers can definitely be thrown out the SPL. So let's get our chairmen's tongues off Doncaster's sweaty bawsack and make them listen to the people who really do matter. The fans -- the customers -- cannot be ignored without there being consequences.

Good post. I'll write to Mr Romanov and ask him to park a nuclear submarine in the Clyde. mad.gif

This is gonna turn out to be the biggest scam in Scottish fitbaw.

... Could be, but only if a helluva' lot of people allow it. Petrie has come out looking for fair play, Vlad's view could be interesting, and I know what many of St Mirren's people think about the OF, despite the public soundbites of bland support.

The chairmen, the SPL board, Doncaster & Co, Regan & Co....

do the right thing. Fair play, transparency, no special dodgy deals for one club over another. That's it. Simple as that - when Rangers situation becomes clear, whatever state they find themselves in - treat them the same way as you would Dunfermline, Hearts, Kilmarnock, or any other SPL member club. Is a Sky TV deal important? Yes, of course it is, but a TV deal and a travelling support is NOT a reason to collectively drop your Calvin Kleins and take Rangers dick up your arses.

Do that, and Scottish football as a sporting competition with any semblance of integrity disappears - and so does my St Mirren season ticket.

I would hope Thompson would have the guts to reject a Rangers newco.

The more names in the hat the better :thumsup2 Hopefully Thompson will clear up his position soon. It's not like he'll have any more wrath than the current silly death threats and boycott talk to suffer.

Edited by Jussy

I really hope you are right. If the Rangers Doomsday scenario comes to pass and they are shepherded back into the SPL with a nod and a wink, I hope fans desert their clubs who allow this to happen in droves, killing the game up here.

?

Why the f**k does this have to happen in the one season Ross County actually, unbelievably, make it to the the SPL? Does anyone mind just coming to Ross County games and boycotting the other teams, thanks very much.

The only way you can demolish "The Big Hoose" and keep a large proportion of the foot traffic that it generates is if you turn it into a massive Bright-hoose.

:( I'm ashamed I made that joke.

I presume this has been argued to death elsewhere by more knowledgeable people than me, but I can't see why it's a given that the SPL needs Rangers. Granted, Celtic will lose out, but then they have the near-certain championship to compensate. The closest potential challengers (eg. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd) will lose two big gates a season, but if they are competing for second place I could see them making that up over the rest of the home games. The others such as Motherwell*, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren might also benefit from bigger travelling supports from the first four named. Plus there would be 5 places up for grabs in the top six rather than 4.

As for TV money, overall cake smaller, but everyone gets a bigger slice no?

Any reasoning for the SPL "needing" Rangers, i.e. clubs wanting to find a way to keep them, rests on money. They do take bigger gates than anyone else bar their rivals - plus those games generate a higher return through hospitality etc. - but the main issue is prizemoney. This is sourced mainly on TV and naming rights, whose value rest mainly on Rangers and Celtic.

If income from prizemoney drops below about 92% of current figures, meaning prizemoney drops below about 89% of current figures, the other clubs lose money.

Obviously, the suspicion is that Sky-ESPN etc. value Rangers-reliant aspects at significantly more than 8%... 4 OF derbies, other 17 Rangers away games, etc.

Obviously, it's up for debate as to whether or not the financial concerns should be considered, or at what level they become severe enough to be; but that's what the position rests upon.

?

Why the f**k does this have to happen in the one season Ross County actually, unbelievably, make it to the the SPL? Does anyone mind just coming to Ross County games and boycotting the other teams, thanks very much.

The boys at The Viking and The Mallard will be cutting back on their plans to buy more beer...

I'm putting my faith in any two of Petrie, Yorkston and Romanov to do the necessary.

I've said it before, but Celtic could secure their hegemony for the forseeable future by voting no, and their fans would lap it up.

and their fans would lap it up.

In the short term certainly. A couple of seasons down the line, I'm not so convinced they'll be turning up in the same numbers.

I've said it before, but Celtic could secure their hegemony for the forseeable future by voting no, and their fans would lap it up.

TBH, i'm not so sure we would vote not to let them back in, I think commercially Celtic would rather have a trampy Rangers in the SPL than not at all.