Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

That was MT's line in the sand.  Before the past 100 years it's ok for club and company to be separate.   Not since then, apparently.

Good for MT. What do you think?

I saw United win the league at Dens. I saw them beat Roma, Barcelona and Monchengladbach. I went to Gothenburg and applauded both sides at Tannadice in 87.  Can't take those memories away from me.  

But what happened before that?  Couldn't care less - doesn't 'define' me as it seems to define some ****.

Edited by The DA

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Good for MT. What do you think?

Well I, of course, am entirely sensible and would not align a club's history to its associated PLC.  Almost none of us would.  I also think MT's 100 year cut-off is daft.

What's your own view?

Well I, of course, am entirely sensible and would not align a club's history to its associated PLC.  Almost none of us would.  I also think MT's 100 year cut-off is daft.

What's your own view?

See above. Personal memories, that's all football spectating's about.

Just now, The DA said:

See above. Personal memories, that's all football spectating's about.

So The DA Hypothesis is that football clubs exist for as long as you can remember watching them?  That may be a touch existentialist for the 'if you know your history' brigade but a notion I can certainly live with.

My club's aulder than yours ;)

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

So The DA Hypothesis is that football clubs exist for as long as you can remember watching them?  That may be a touch existentialist for the 'if you know your history' brigade but a notion I can certainly live with.

My club's aulder than yours ;)

By a couple of years at most. It's the solipsistic view of history and I'm all for it.

Out of interest, why are you (or Rangers fans in general) so keen to claim titles that were won years before you were born?

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

Out of interest, why are you (or Rangers fans in general) so keen to claim titles that were won years before you were born?

Damascene evening for me, bud.  I'll only claim the baubles and geegaws we won since my first match at Ibrox.  I have no doubt that fans of every other club will chart their teams' success based on the same criterion.

Damascene evening for me, bud.  I'll only claim the baubles and geegaws we won since my first match at Ibrox.  I have no doubt that fans of every other club will chart their teams' success based on the same criterion.

Even the baubles won in the EBT (and earlier) years?  Do you feel entirely comfortable with those?  I'd understand if you wanted to wait until after the Supreme Court's decision before you answered.

I'll admit that Rangers played some bonnie football in those years but have you ever played Football Manager with a sugar daddy in place?  It's a bit of a bore and you never feel that you've truly earned your trophies.

Just now, The DA said:

have you ever played Football Manager 

I sometimes played Space Invaders on one of these stupid tables in The Bay Horse in Hamilton in the 80s and my younger two have some PS console connected to the big telly when I sit in the kitchen.

Is that the same thing?

I sometimes played Space Invaders on one of these stupid tables in The Bay Horse in Hamilton in the 80s and my younger two have some PS console connected to the big telly when I sit in the kitchen.

Is that the same thing?

Yeah.  Rangers are space invaders.

47 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Your logic was that  Club and company have always been considered synonymous in a football sense within the last C.  Clearly they haven't unless you want to write off both DUFC and QOTS.

Care to revise your statement?

Happily.

For clubs that have incorporated, then club and company have been considered to be wholly synonymous terms since that event.

11 minutes ago, The DA said:

Even the baubles won in the EBT (and earlier) years?  Do you feel entirely comfortable with those?  I'd understand if you wanted to wait until after the Supreme Court's decision before you answered.

Tricky one.  The best football we played in my lifetime was under wee Dick and it's to our chagrin we didn't do better in Europe.  No need to wait for The SC to decide.  Admin was the price we paid for overreaching ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Happily.

For clubs that have incorporated, then club and company have been considered to be wholly synonymous terms since that event.

so have they had to have been incorporated in the past 100 years or have you changed your mind?

so have they had to have been incorporated in the past 100 years or have you changed your mind?

I've changed my mind.

Your pouncing on the century idea reveals that you can't really argue with the point that incorporated clubs are essentially the same thing as their companies and have always been recognised as such.

1 minute ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

And a bawhair younger than mine. :)

How ye doin'?

I'm ok Rocky.  How's yourself?  Ages since I saw you posting.

Now while sane blokes like you and I ken that Dumbarton and Rangers shared the title for the inaugural Scottish Football League the young Gitane-smoking, Camus-reading, roll-neck sweater-wearing, Dundonain existentialist @The DAreckons a club only exists for as long as you, personally, remember.

And folk call me The Drunk?

I'm ok Rocky.  How's yourself?  Ages since I saw you posting.

Now while sane blokes like you and I ken that Dumbarton and Rangers shared the title for the inaugural Scottish Football League the young Gitane-smoking, Camus-reading, roll-neck sweater-wearing, Dundonain existentialist @The DAreckons a club only exists for as long as you, personally, remember.

And folk call me The Drunk?

Well, since I'm about a hundred and thirty twelve years old, I can remember that year (just!) - I actually have a cut-out from the Glasgow Herald with the table from that year, proudly displayed on the wall at work. We are top (alphabetically, I presume), you are a poor second.

If goal difference had been a deciding factor, you wouldn't have a half-title to claim!

Been mainly lurking in the Championship Forum of late, getting it tight from certain Hivs fans. Long story, too long to tell.

4 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Well, since I'm about a hundred and thirty twelve years old, I can remember that year (just!) - I actually have a cut-out from the Glasgow Herald with the table from that year, proudly displayed on the wall at work. We are top (alphabetically, I presume), you are a poor second.

Treasure that, bud.  When my grandad died me and my maw sorted out his stuff.  Along with his WW1 medals, he had neatly folded cuttings from The Record and The Evening Times about the 1928 Wembley Wizards.  My sister, who is better organised than me, put them in to a folder and I hope she passes them all on to my son.

I don't know why anyone bothers with the same argument. It's a waste of time. You only need to remind yourself of this, and I've said it many times, Rangers fans know. Deep down they know. We know they know.