Help! (played SPL 1998- AND Junior)

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is john stewart at boness the same guy who scored the goal for aberdeen a few years ago that ended celtic's 70 odd unbeaten home record ?

Dunno about that but he did play with Aberdeen earlier in his career.

Ben Carson & Brian Smith @ the Vics both played in SPL with St Mirren Smudger went from St Mirren to Johnstone Burgh and Ben went to Glenafton

Buddies weren't top division in his time unfortunately, was also pre-SPL formation in 98. He did make 50+ apps for them though.

Carson didn't play in an SPL/SFL game either.

Haha! I wouldn't say famous mate but it is cool having your own Wikipedia page!

Seriously though when I read hibs bit , it clicked . You must of played a few games in the spl ?

No disrespect to the ayrshire district league but how at 26 did you end up there ?

Lost count a few pages ! Only including definites , safe to say I have an extra twenty quid in my pocket for Beith on Saturday ! Keep them coming though !

Lost count a few pages ! Only including definites , safe to say I have an extra twenty quid in my pocket for Beith on Saturday ! Keep them coming though !

You'll be luck to get it before christmas by the time he checks aw the names :lol:

Seriously though when I read hibs bit , it clicked . You must of played a few games in the spl ?

No disrespect to the ayrshire district league but how at 26 did you end up there ?

I actually only played 3 games in the SPL mate. 2 in the CIS Cup and 1 in the Scottish Cup.

As well documented a serious back injury meant I had to give up the pro game. After a few years of rest and because of a personal incident I decided I needed give it another try but stay at a level that wouldn't be too demanding on my back. Having known John Redmond for years I phoned him and he was so supportive and said that if I was fit and injury free I would play. Ive now been there 4 years and I have only missed 3 games in 4 years because of stiffness in my back. I absolutely love football and Im not bothered in the slightest about what level I'm playing because, as far as I'm concerned, when you've been where I've been just playing football is the best thing in the world. I don't know if I would still be good enough to play at a higher level but as long as I'm playing I'll be happy. I love being at Troon and I can't thank them enough for how they have helped me back into the game.

Sorry for the massive post and I know it's a wee bit off topic!

I actually only played 3 games in the SPL mate. 2 in the CIS Cup and 1 in the Scottish Cup.

As well documented a serious back injury meant I had to give up the pro game. After a few years of rest and because of a personal incident I decided I needed give it another try but stay at a level that wouldn't be too demanding on my back. Having known John Redmond for years I phoned him and he was so supportive and said that if I was fit and injury free I would play. Ive now been there 4 years and I have only missed 3 games in 4 years because of stiffness in my back. I absolutely love football and Im not bothered in the slightest about what level I'm playing because, as far as I'm concerned, when you've been where I've been just playing football is the best thing in the world. I don't know if I would still be good enough to play at a higher level but as long as I'm playing I'll be happy. I love being at Troon and I can't thank them enough for how they have helped me back into the game.

Sorry for the massive post and I know it's a wee bit off topic!

Excellent post mate , sorry about my post , i wasn't knocking you for playing in ayrshire district with troon far from it. Just good to hear first hand your story and how you feel about playing in the juniors after being with a spl club.

Your a credit to the game as the bits i have highlighted prove ! Hope to see you and troon making your way up to the premier sooner rather than later. !

Excellent post mate , sorry about my post , i wasn't knocking you for playing in ayrshire district with troon far from it. Just good to hear first hand your story and how you feel about playing in the juniors after being with a spl club.

Your a credit to the game as the bits i have highlighted prove ! Hope to see you and troon making your way up to the premier sooner rather than later. !

Thanks mate, appreciate your comments. I know you weren't knocking me but hopefully you'll be giving me abuse from the side in a couple of years when Troon come to Kirkintilloch!

Archived