Name That Toon

Swampy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top of Dalkeith it is looking towards Easthouses (ish). Taken from the roundabout on end of Lauder Rd.

Best view in Dalkeith from that chimney.

EDIT - the Star is Nittin Star. That chimney is on the pit seam from the Lady Vic via Easthouses pit.

2c0af03e45cd3ef7bcaefde1711ce371.jpg

On 5/18/2017 at 14:23, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Top of Dalkeith it is looking towards Easthouses (ish). Taken from the roundabout on end of Lauder Rd.

EDIT - the Star is Nittin Star. That chimney is on the pit seam from the Lady Vic via Easthouses pit.

Lovely!

On 5/18/2017 at 23:23, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Thanks. Now you're making me homesick. :( I've walked along there many a time. But not for a fucking long time. :(

Thanks. Now you're making me homesick. [emoji20] I've walked along there many a time. But not for a fucking long time. [emoji20]

It's great up there. I like to do a walk along that path, down through Easthouses park and then into Newbattle woods and back around to top of Dalkeith.

Don't know how recently you've been but there's a new (ish) pit memorial to those who lost their lives working in that pit. Just off main road beside those bat buildings!

Always brings a wee lump to throat.

Archived