Motorhead

Sergeant Wilson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im in the same boat mate, i totally forgot to buy mine putting it off and putting it off and now they are sold out :(

I might head to the solid rock and see if anyone is scalping any on the night of the gig....

on the subject of Motorhead I now have all 20 studio albums on cd. Gonna try and get some of them on vinyl

:thumsup2

As much as I love Motorhead (I also have the 20 studio albums) there is a fair share of pish in some of them

The bronze age though, not a bad song there at all :wub: .

Bronze age aside I think my favorite album is Snake Bite Love or maybe 1916.

:thumsup2

As much as I love Motorhead (I also have the 20 studio albums) there is a fair share of pish in some of them

The bronze age though, not a bad song there at all :wub: .

Bronze age aside I think my favorite album is Snake Bite Love or maybe 1916.

Yeah there is a fair amount of pish but it feels satisfying having all the albums on the computer just need to get all the Rush albums and i'll be sorted in terms of metal as i don't listen to a great amount of heavy metal. I might buy no sleep till hammersmith if i can find it anywhere and i also need to get a Motorhead t shirt. I was watching the extras on Lemmy and it showed a superfan who has a wardrobe filled with Motorhead cds, vinyl, video tapes and dvds and his wardrobe was filled with Motorhead tops. I was like 'Holy shit. I thought having all the albums made me a fan'

Got tickets.

I know it says it on their website, but I don't think Motorhead are really a heavy metal band. Neither are Rush, but they're rubbish anyway.

Heavy Metal is Saxon, Slayer, Man o War etc. I'm not keen on Metal but love Motorhead and was at the Bomber and Overkill tours years ago.

I didn't post for fear of crucifixion at the time, but I went to the recent Iron Maiden gig and thought it was pish.

Aye, start with Silver Machine era, when Lemmy was in it. Their version of the song Motorhead is good too. It was Lemmys last ever song for them. They are utter space cadets out their trumpets on acid but watch for tracks like Damnation Alley and Spirit of the Age which are more conventional rock.

Aye, start with Silver Machine era, when Lemmy was in it. Their version of the song Motorhead is good too. It was Lemmys last ever song for them. They are utter space cadets out their trumpets on acid but watch for tracks like Damnation Alley and Spirit of the Age which are more conventional rock.

Cheers i'll get them on iTunes now. Needing some new tunes anyway

The 6th year hippies that were in to Rush, Yes, Scorpions etc put me off for life. I was listening to The Damned, Clash and so on.

I did/do like Hawkwind and Larry Wallis and Pink Fairies which some people might call Metal....I wouldn't.

Remember to get along early, the UK Subs and Anti Nowhere League are the support on Saturday

Remember to get along early, the UK Subs and Anti Nowhere League are the support on Saturday

Seen the Subs quite a lot years ago around 1st/2nd album time. Only got to see The League a couple of years ago at the Blackpool festival.

One of my mates is meeting a Sub for a pint on Saturday. I don't think it's Charlie though. I don't know who else is in it these days.

I think it's these bands that bumped up the crowd, there's usually no problem getting tickets.

Seen the Subs quite a lot years ago around 1st/2nd album time. Only got to see The League a couple of years ago at the Blackpool festival.

One of my mates is meeting a Sub for a pint on Saturday. I don't think it's Charlie though. I don't know who else is in it these days.

I think it's these bands that bumped up the crowd, there's usually no problem getting tickets.

Doesn't stop some people going to a Motorhead gig!

It was more than 20 years ago but the last time I went to a Motorhead gig, a motorcycle gang turned up when we were cueing outside and started grabbing people and giving them a roughing up to get their tickets. Then another gang turned up and it all kicked off a bit. I got hit on the nose when someone in front of me put their arm back to throw a punch. Banged me right on the hooter with his elbow.

I was a skinny, 15 year old metal nerd and absolutely terrified! :D

The second loudest and second scariest gig I've ever been to.

• 4 years later...

Archived