Grand Theft Auto V

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a good bit late to the party but I fired up online last night on PS4.

I mind years ago, on the PS3, there was a squad of fellas from here who tore the place up and it was a right laugh. The move to PS4 ruined it. [emoji23]

Anyone playing online?
Anyone fancy a game, geez a shout.

16 hours ago, The_Craig said:

I'm a good bit late to the party but I fired up online last night on PS4.

I mind years ago, on the PS3, there was a squad of fellas from here who tore the place up and it was a right laugh. The move to PS4 ruined it. emoji23.png

Anyone playing online?
Anyone fancy a game, geez a shout.

Your probably thinking of KAPE, of which I was part of for a good 2-3 years. It was a good laugh for the most part but we have all kind of went our seperate ways, although I still keep in touch with a few of the boys on Facebook.

We never quite hit the heights of Ninja or any other the famous streamers but there is plenty of stuff uploaded to Youtubee, (see example below of some of the mayhem)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Ordered this on Amazon for about £15. I got to about 40% about 5 years ago before my Xbox broke so looking forward to starting again.
Basically what happened to me. I wiped my xbox 360 by accident when it came out originally and couldn't be arsed working through it again. Got it a few weeks ago on the PS Store for £11 and was quickly reminded of how good a game it is.

• 8 months later...

Rockstar have announced it's getting released on the PS5.

Has there ever been an instance before of the same game being released in 3 consecutive generations of the same console?

I don't doubt they'll do some cool stuff with the tech, but...I mean, come on.  Unless they're going to really revamp the story then what's the point? I know they'll still sell a fucking mountain, but it's sad to see how much GTAO is funding a lack of innovation.

As for whether it's happened before, Skyrim would probably the closest.  It's done two generations plus the Switch.  Wouldn't put it past them releasing a super-duper new-gen version though.  Witcher 3 would have likely gotten at least an update had they not completely shat the bed on Cyberpunk.  

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Rockstar have announced it's getting released on the PS5.

Has there ever been an instance before of the same game being released in 3 consecutive generations of the same console?

You know this got announced like a year ago right

GTAO has been pish for at least 2 years or so anyway. I honestly don't understand how people can still play it and have fun, unless they've never tried it before but for the people that played it when it was fresh out what on earth do they actually enjoy doing. 

I played it for a couple of months early on in its life, and outside of FIFA now, it's probably one of the most soul-destroying gaming experiences I've had.  There was just no avenue for having an enjoyable time.  Every single activity had at least one person whose role seemed to solely be to make sure everyone else had as little fun as possible.  Races? I'm going to batter you off the track at the last moment when it's all going well, or just straight up block the track so that no-one can win.  Deathmatch?  Bitch, I've been spending every minute of every day, and all my money on Sharkcards.  I'm going to murder you.  Heists? Watch while I go off and do completely my own thing and f**k teamwork.

It's baffling to me as well that it didn't die out pretty quickly.  Instead, it's thriving.  Madness.

Is there anything mooted as being in the works at Rockstar?

I'd thought for a while it was Bully 2 but quick google suggests that's been pied but I can't see anything other than one reddit post about a medieval open-world game which could easily be bollocks. We're probably looking at 2025 or something anyway.

9 hours ago, Gaz said:

People: keep spending millions and millions on GTAV and GTAO

Also people: WHY WON'T THEY MAKE GTA6

Yeah it's frustrating. I remember being a bright eyed and naive wee twat of 36 when gta:o came out (played with some lads on here for a bit actually) and was full of chat about they'll never need to make a new gta for years, because they can just keep putting all that effort into fantastic content for V and online. This is it lads, THIS IS IT etc

What a silly little p***k. Completely forgot that people are awful, games like that are riddled with unfixable bugs at the most basic level, and it would become extremely old extremely quickly once people started chucking cash at it / hacking. 

Not helped by the fact that its a game where you're meant to be the most horrible b*****d you can, so of course everyone would act like a complete fucking c**t the entire time and ruin it for everyone else. 

You'd hope they've learned a fucking billion lessons for when they finally do spunk out the next iteration, but I won't hold my breath. Online ruined gta imo.