Grand Theft Auto V

http://www.rockstargames.com/

The first trailer for GTA V will be released next Wednesday. No word on a release date yet, but you would have to imagine it will be sometime in 2012.

GTA IV is one of my favourite games of all time, despite many people not enjoying the more serious nature of the game compared to the PS2 era GTA games. The fact they have chosen to name the new game GTA V would suggest that they are leaving behind the universe of Niko and Roman in Liberty City.

What changes would you like to see in GTA V? Would you like a return to the all out carnage of Vice City and San Andreas or would you like to see the more 'realistic' style continued from IV?

Also what location would you like the game to be set in? Rockstar said this week they are almost certain to keep future GTA's located in the USA, so a modern generation GTA London looks unlikely.

More stuff to do after the game's completed. I finished Ballard of Gay Tony and you can get a lot of good weapons so I wanted to rob a bank or something, couldn't do it. So maybe you could get a wee gang together for a heist would be cool.

I suppose it's the old argument; "Why make it realistic, it's a game afterall" and "Realistic games make it the best" - I'd say it's probably best if they take GTA 4 and build on it for more realism. The Ps2 era were fantastic for the arcade side but times change.

More stuff to do after the game's completed. I finished Ballard of Gay Tony and you can get a lot of good weapons so I wanted to rob a bank or something, couldn't do it. So maybe you could get a wee gang together for a heist would be cool.

Good shout. I recently completed the story in San Andreas again and there are a ludicrous amount of side missions I wasn't aware even existed the first time I played through it. Daft things like quarrying, burglary, virtual horse racing and even car valet missions that are great fun, but totally missing from GTA IV. Darts and bowling were ok in IV, but you were pretty much forced into playing them due to those bloody mobile phone calls!

I was thinking the other day whether there were any plans for this - great to hear there is. Wonder if we'll get a pretty abstract trailer or something with some gameplay in. I'm imagining the former.

From this game, I'd like the best bits of GTAIV and San Andreas - not much there then! I loved GTAIV - I'm only just starting to appreciate it more now I have it on Xbox and can play without horrific stutter (had it on PC previously). It's clear there has been sooo much work put into the game to turn it into a living breathing city. The little touches showed that - the binmen patrolling the city, roadworks, interactions with pedestrians etc. However, once you completed the game, all the fun seemed to dissappear. There was no "I'll just go and potter around in GTA for a while" with this game - once you were done, I doubt many went back unless it was for another playthrough. With SA there was far more to do. I think for GTAV, R* should remember the fun element that served them so well on previous games, but also push forward with the gritty but beautiful city idea they created with the last game. I personally liked the more serious and gritty storyline to the ones from previous games, it just needs....more.

Fucking yaldi. GTA IV is probably my favourite game of all time, so can't wait for this.

San Andreas is way overrated though. How anyone can go stuttering about a PS2 game for more than half an hour and not be bored is beyond me.

loly yay itz has helikoptr nd jetpak fun funfun

Fucking yaldi. GTA IV is probably my favourite game of all time, so can't wait for this.

San Andreas is way overrated though. How anyone can go stuttering about a PS2 game for more than half an hour and not be bored is beyond me.

loly yay itz has helikoptr nd jetpak fun funfun

That's why it's fun, I'm not playing the game for it's realism, how often would one man driving about really warrant the SWAT coming after him?

It's just madness and it's great!

I'd rather see it go back to a San Andreas/Vice City style.