Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

53_and_counting and 7-2, I'd give up lads they don't seem to be able to understand your argument :lol: its aw ra polises fault...

It's easy understand that someone is talking nonsense. I've witnessed a crush first hand. People join the back of a queue and in the second or two it takes to register that the situation isn't good, there are dozens more people behind them hemming them in. They aren't trying to push and shove forward they simply have no choice. If the police had managed the crowd correctly from the beginning of the event then no lives would have been lost.

I don't have a view on whether the fans were to blame or not. However, I'd be willing to accept the findings of a jury presented with two years of evidence over anonymous posters on an Internet forum. I don't know why this finding is so difficult for people to take?

I like Liverpool FC, but I'm sick hearing of Hillsborough. Hopefully today's decision will mean the families can go away know what they perceive as justice has been done, rather than give interviews to TV and Newspapers

Unbelievable.

I don't have a view on whether the fans were to blame or not. However, I'd be willing to accept the findings of a jury presented with two years of evidence over anonymous posters on an Internet forum. I don't know why this finding is so difficult for people to take?

I think simply the way Liverpool fans have played on it for years along with their part to play in Heysal affects peoples bias.

Yeah, coming out of the inquest singing ynwa and Justice for the 96 didn't seem right to me.

Understandable, but personally, I would have conducted myself in a more solemn manner.

There was nothing to 'celebrate' as such.

I am delighted that the families have finally got justice. I am delighted that they have never given up, never given in to people who said they were 'sick' of hearing about Hillsborough. I will not criticise anything the families did when they came out of that inquest, and tbh nor should anyone. What may appear cringeworthy to you and me, will feel much different to them. They are the families of 96 people who since 1989 have a bond, a bond that they most certainly didn't want to have, but one none the less, that gives them a common goal. Raw emotion works in different ways, and until we as individuals are placed in such a scenario then we have no way of knowing what we would do.

Yeah, coming out of the inquest singing ynwa and Justice for the 96 didn't seem right to me.

Understandable, but personally, I would have conducted myself in a more solemn manner.

There was nothing to 'celebrate' as such.

Yeah it was all a bit tacky and I agree solemnity was the order of the day. Assuming all 96 victims had at least one relative in court I think it was only a minority that took part in this display.

It will be interesting to see if any criminal proceedings follow. It's incredible just how often the British establishment manage to minimise the impact of an important event by delay.

Let's not forget that without the "tacky, cringeworthy, attention-seeking" we'd never have had such an accurate, official account of events and the horseshit that was the Taylor Report would still stand.  

Maybe there are some who have taken the rhetoric too far, maybe even been a bit over or self-indulgent in their public grief, but I am sure that the vast majority would have preferred not to have had to make such a massive song and dance about it just so the truth could come out and the vermin who smeared the fans rather than accept responsibility were held to account.

Great day. I'm not, personally, that bothered whether prosecutions follow, but it's good to have (still further) confirmation of the causes of the disaster.

Not that everyone will accept it. So many reports and inquests have by now busted the myth that this was caused by drunk or ticketless fans, and yet I see there are still people on the thread repeating it.

I just feel that Hillsborough families maybe court (no pun intended) the media. Other tragic events at football stadiums where there has been people to blame like Bradford don't bang on about justice in the way that lot have

There would have been no need to 'bang on about justice' if they had gotten it in the first place.

And as for criticising the reactions of the families as they left court, who are we to judge how people respond emotionally under these circumstances? I'll just be thankful i've never lost a family member in such a way. 

Let's not forget that without the "tacky, cringeworthy, attention-seeking" we'd never have had such an accurate, official account of events and the horseshit that was the Taylor Report would still stand.  

Maybe there are some who have taken the rhetoric too far, maybe even been a bit over or self-indulgent in their public grief, but I am sure that the vast majority would have preferred not to have had to make such a massive song and dance about it just so the truth could come out and the vermin who smeared the fans rather than accept responsibility were held to account.

Your equating the dogged determination throughout the campaign to the actions of some of the family members after the verdict. That's disingenuous.

There would have been no need to 'bang on about justice' if they had gotten it in the first place.

And as for criticising the reactions of the families as they left court, who are we to judge how people respond emotionally under these circumstances? I'll just be thankful i've never lost a family member in such a way.

You're asking posters on here 'who are we to judge?', P&B is all about being judgemental. I'm fairly sure you will have made judgemental posts in the past and will do so again in n the future.

But yes, thankfully none of us will have to go through the emotions these folk have had to endure.