A great feeling at Cappielow..

Oh, you think?

The same number of fans at a game at Cappielow can provide a far better atmosphere than the luvvies would at Firhill. Maybe partly to do with the fact that our ground still has four (count 'em) useable sides.......??

^^^^^Still seething about the 2012/13 season imo

^^^^^Still seething about the 2012/13 season imo

no, not at all; if we'd gone up then we'd almost certainly have come straight back down.

If I were going to be "seething" about anything (and I'm not, it's only fitba') it would be the abysmal happenings of the following season. But I'm not, 'cause like I said, it's only fitba'.

• 4 months later...

Bump. The Famous back to where we should be, give or take a few places either way. Comfortably securing our league status in February with the promotion playoffs left to target, two cup quarter-final appearances for the season, Sevco humbled and Hibs absolutely hounded on their own middens.

Looks like back to back vintage years IMO.

post-11540-14563682072477_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Considering their current form, & play off potential, are the Ton making any progress on Cappielow's redevelopment?

As its current standard may preclude them from promotion.

Edited by kiddy

Considering their current form, & play off potential, are the Ton making any progress on Cappielow's redevelopment?
As its current standard may preclude them from promotion.

This thread is overdue an airing. One Jim Duffy.

If this Morton team had a prime Peter MacDonald or circa 2013 Peaso I think we'd be giving Hibs something to think about. All it's really missing is that reliable 20 goal striker. 

Still, that's plenty. This thread is AIDS.

Edited by GiGi

This is the best Morton team I have seen in a long time & I have been going to Cappielow since 1973 so have saw the good times & lots of bad ones also. Could this really be there time for SPL football I think they have the players but We have to wrap Forbes & Oliver in cotton wool & keep them both fit Murdoch also will be a very important Player for us in the Midfield.

But when You look & the bench We have Quitongo, McDonagh, & Lindsay itching to get back in the team after Saturdays trip to Ayr We play QoS on the Saturday Night then Raith, Falkirk, & Dundee Utd all within the space of a few short Weeks we really could be [just off the] Top by a few points can we really keep going & be top of the League I think & hope We can..biggrin.gif

Edited by tonnitus

Being Morton, I keep waiting for something to go wrong.  Can't relax during a game unless we are at least 3 goals ahead.  However as the season goes on, it's generally looking good for at least a playoff spot.  If only Hibs would revert to type and go on a losing run.