A great feeling at Cappielow..

Exactly. This was always the danger of a small, limited squad. Few teams in this division will be paying out for a large squad so we're not the only ones who will face injury crises over the course of the season. Plenty of reason to remain, if not optimistic, at least relatively calm.

Exactly. This was always the danger of a small, limited squad. Few teams in this division will be paying out for a large squad so we're not the only ones who will face injury crises over the course of the season. Plenty of reason to remain, if not optimistic, at least relatively calm.

Yet another injury. Foaud Bachirou has broken his foot, so that's him out for a fair few weeks, with Tidser out until Christmas at least. That's both our first choice central midfielders (also our two best players) and both our first choice centre backs out now.

Young and McGeough the central midfield in the coming weeks then. We're fucked.

Yet another injury. Foaud Bachirou has broken his foot, so that's him out for a fair few weeks, with Tidser out until Christmas at least. That's both our first choice central midfielders (also our two best players) and both our first choice centre backs out now.

Young and McGeough the central midfield in the coming weeks then. We're fucked.

We could be adding Ross Forsyth to that injury list as he came off early last weekend with a hamstring strain. Colin Stewart has also picked up a thigh strain, with his understudy Matt McGinley breaking his hand in training last week also.

So that Stewart, McGinley, Forsyth, McCaffrey, Smyth, Tidser and Bachirou out injured. 5 of those players would be first picks for us if fit. No wonder we're struggling at the moment :(

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Your the only one who is struggling here Mr Fifespud again We Are Top Of The League Your No!! Mon The Ton!!..Lolbiggrin.gif

Where is Foxbarton these days? He seems to have disappeared.

Really bad luck about these injuries - do you think the title is in jeopardy?

Edited by Fifespud

Despite a horrendous run over the last 6 weeks or so, we still seem to be in the top half of the table (just!). I don't think we'll win the title, but when we get Caff and Tidser back I think our results will start to improve. Why can't our poorer players get injured occasionally?

I think everyone would be in agreement that if your better players were less prone to injury they would be playing elsewhere.

I think everyone would be in agreement that if your better players were less prone to injury they would be playing elsewhere.

Really, what list of historical injury problems do McCaffrey, Smyth, Tidser and Bachirou have? Seeing as you're the expert and not just talking a massive pile of shite.

Edited by vikingTON

Yeah, vT's spot on here Thundermonkey. Your logic applies to MacDonald and Jackson (who haven't had any injuries in their time here yet), but not to the four who are actually injured. McCaffrey's here because he wasn't good enough to start every week in the SPL, while the rest of them have never had regular football at a higher level than this.

Smyth - spent his career in the First and Second Divisions

Bachirou - only 21 and has only previously been in PSG's youth team

Tidser - also 21 and his only first team appearances before coming here were in a 6 month spell in Iceland.

So we can safely conclude that the only people who will be in agreement with that statement are those who, like yourself, haven't got the slightest clue what they're talking about.

Yeah, vT's spot on here Thundermonkey. Your logic applies to MacDonald and Jackson (who haven't had any injuries in their time here yet), but not to the four who are actually injured. McCaffrey's here because he wasn't good enough to start every week in the SPL, while the rest of them have never had regular football at a higher level than this.

Smyth - spent his career in the First and Second Divisions

Bachirou - only 21 and has only previously been in PSG's youth team

Tidser - also 21 and his only first team appearances before coming here were in a 6 month spell in Iceland.

So we can safely conclude that the only people who will be in agreement with that statement are those who, like yourself, haven't got the slightest clue what they're talking about.

This is pretty much right except that Smyth is only good alongside McCaffrey, so can't be considered one of our good players on his own, and Tidser played in Sweden.

Really, what list of historical injury problems do McCaffrey, Smyth, Tidser and Bachirou have? Seeing as you're the expert and not just talking a massive pile of shite.

Yeah, it was poorly phrased. I was talking about McDonald and Jackson.

We've been assured they are the best in the business.

Yeah, it was poorly phrased. I was talking about McDonald and Jackson.

Err no, then it wasn't 'poorly phrased'. It was 'poorly grounded in facts'.

We've been assured they are the best in the business.

I'm more than content to let their partnership, on track for 30 league goals this season, do the talking.

• 2 weeks later...

What's it like down there?

Fooking fantastic feeling at Dens tonight.

As Nizzy predicted certain Morton 'fans' have completely disappeared.

Biggest budget in the league, totally unsustainable wrt revenue, and you're still shiite.

Ha ha ha ha.

Biggest budget in the league, totally unsustainable wrt revenue, and you're still shiite.

Ha ha ha ha.

Fifespud - your post requires a straight red - you can't mention Dens and the revenue (or lack of paying same) - it's simply not on - move on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifespud - your post requires a straight red - you can't mention Dens and the revenue (or lack of paying same) - it's simply not on - move on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony, I accept you've not been über aggressive in your post but this is what I don't get about the Greenock fans. Sure 2 of our BOD's have totally fecked us, but you guys seem to forget you've been bust once and you are currently massively overspending your income and are being propped up by an octogenarian sugar daddy.

It's black fly in your Chardonnay time.

Ha ha ha ha.

What's Morton's budget again? I forgot the exact figures.