A great feeling at Cappielow..

This is the best Morton team I have seen in a long time & I have been going to Cappielow since 1973 so have saw the good times & lots of bad ones also. Could this really be there time for SPL football I think they have the players but We have to wrap Macdonald & Jackson in cotton wool & keep them both fit Tidser also will be a very important Player for us in the Midfield.

But when You look & the bench We have Weatherson, Campbell, & Bachirou itching to get back in the team after Saturdays trip to Dumfries We play Partick on the Friday Night then Hamilton, & Falkirk all within the space of a few short Weeks we really could be Top by a few points can we really keep going & stay top of the League I think & hope We can..biggrin.gif

I'm with you on this - it's clearly their's to throw away.

Their lead has now stretched to a whopping 3 points, with just 93 left available.

I wonder who'll finish second though.

My guess is the other teams will give up in another couple of weeks, we will all be disqualified and finish joint bottom.

There'll be the mighty Morton at the top and the rest of us, bankrupt, at the bottom.

It's the best team we've had in years and it's an exciting time, but let's not start thinking we're the best team in the league already. Plenty of teams have had a brilliant start to a season then fallen away; we should know that more than most. We're only five games in. For now, I'm just enjoying watching a team playing good football and being able to go to games believing we can win every week. This is all very Dundee-esque.

It's the best team we've had in years and it's an exciting time, but let's not start thinking we're the best team in the league already. Plenty of teams have had a brilliant start to a season then fallen away; we should know that more than most. We're only five games in. For now, I'm just enjoying watching a team playing good football and being able to go to games believing we can win every week. This is all very Dundee-esque.

How, are you expecting administration to kick in during the next couple of weeks? :lol:

Don't blame us. Away and practice A couple of verses of Amhrán na bhFiann for the Wee Dublin end.

How, are you expecting administration to kick in during the next couple of weeks? :lol:

:lol: Just remembering the masses on here who proclaimed that the league was already won when Melville arrived and they got Griffiths, Harkins and others.

Actually that's unfair, this is only very very slightly Dundee-esque. I'd still rather we had no threads about how great Morton are though. I learned the hard way as a youngster watching the 03/04 season not to even contemplate the possibility of winning a league until you're a couple of games from the end of the season. :ph34r:

I hope we are never in contention again. Ourselves and Livi deserve to be in football purgatory for Eternity, and that's a f**k of a long time.

Where is Morton's most decent, fair minded fan tonight?

You rang? :D

It's an absolute certainty Morton are going up.

You can only blow it now.

Yeah I remember when Dundee thought they should have been given the trophy after 5 games. How's that for an omen?

I learned the hard way as a youngster watching the 03/04 season not to even contemplate the possibility of winning a league until you're a couple of games from the end of the season. :ph34r:

That must have been almost as upsetting as Neil Lennon getting attacked.

You gave delusions of grandeur.

You Greenock boys, breathtaking arrogance.

Not arrogant, just bett-

Haud the bus, you saying I'm not Morton's most decent, fair minded fan? Fine. You and VT were made for each other.

watching QPR v Newcastle just now loads of skill on show from QPR, cutting up defences great attacking football....then i looked at the strip and who did it remind me off...?

I though it was Morton, I've got the sound down.

Must piss the Wee Dublin boys off, a team called 'Rangers' sharing their strip

I think that you were similar to how we were two seasons ago, some very talented players but unable to win games.

Now you have the strikeforce you're in with a chance.

Most of your midfield could easily get a game in the SPL.

I hope you make it this year, will never forget winning the league at your ground and the way your fans conducted themselves.