The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

And thankfully IMO, especially with the Kirkby project, what an utter joke that was.

I'm glad Kirkby went up the swanny, most definitely. But from the outset the whole idea and planning of it was pretty shambolic.

We're all set for a nice middle of the bottom half finish this season. Joy.

I'm glad Kirkby went up the swanny, most definitely. But from the outset the whole idea and planning of it was pretty shambolic.

We're all set for a nice middle of the bottom half finish this season. Joy.

Yep it's not looking good. I'm not sure, we have had a difficult run of games of late to be fair. See how we do against Wolves.

Yep it's not looking good. I'm not sure, we have had a difficult run of games of late to be fair. See how we do against Wolves.

A must win, not another crappy home draw please. Then 4 points required from the 2 games after.

Did the fans protest at Kenwright happen before this game? What are the Everton fans thoughts on McFadden back there. From a Scotland viewpoint I like the guy, but doubt the Everton fans were to ecstatic seeing him back as he hardly set the place a-light last time he was at Everton. Good player on his day, all to often a frustrating player.

What are the Everton fans thoughts on McFadden back there. From a Scotland viewpoint I like the guy, but doubt the Everton fans were to ecstatic seeing him back as he hardly set the place a-light last time he was at Everton. Good player on his day, all to often a frustrating player.

That just about sums it up. He's a good player, and on his day, turns in some impressive performances. The problem is that he's far too inconsistent, and now, seemingly rather injury-prone too.

It's a stop-gap signing, in that if we need a striker, then he can be chucked on, but he hasn't played too regularly over the last few seasons, and it's a move that suits all parties on a short-term basis, as far as I can see.

That just about sums it up. He's a good player, and on his day, turns in some impressive performances. The problem is that he's far too inconsistent, and now, seemingly rather injury-prone too.

It's a stop-gap signing, in that if we need a striker, then he can be chucked on, but he hasn't played too regularly over the last few seasons, and it's a move that suits all parties on a short-term basis, as far as I can see.

This.

Agree with this, would like to think we can beat Bolton and Stoke.

Didn't hear anything about protests before the game.

Aye, though 4 points wouldn't be a bad return either mind you.

The protest did go ahead, around 250 took part according to Merseyside Polis.

Only 250? Thought it was going to be in the thousands.

Wish Kenwright would sell the club. I can understand he loves the club and wants to see it go to the right hands, but it is now crippling the club. A very attractive club to any invester, big fan base and history. Granted the ground can't get expanded and the expense of a new ground maybe but still surely more attractive then the likes of Blackburn. One of the biggest clubs in the Prem League.

Always had a soft spot for Everton, probably because a lot of my mates at school supported Liverpool. Last time I saw them play, was at Villa park with Everton supporting mate. We ended up in the home end, Was Dave Watson's first game in charge as caretaker manager and pretty sure it was a young Richard Dunne who scored a header from a corner to give Everton the lead (my mate cheered, I sank on my seat waiting to get hit). Villa ended up winning 3-1.

Marouane Fellaini, you are the love of my life.... :D

Very good 3 points yesterday, and pleasing to see Velios score again. Hopefully this is the start of a winning run - looking forward to going to the Stoke game next week even more now :)

Marouane Fellaini, you are the love of my life.... :D

Very good 3 points yesterday, and pleasing to see Velios score again. Hopefully this is the start of a winning run - looking forward to going to the Stoke game next week even more now :)

Hope you enjoy it - the confidence is bound to be higher now, Stoke won't be easy to beat, but the match is at Goodison.

I think Everton have had the rub of the green in the last 2 games - "softish" penalty, opponent sent off - but at least we won.

Hope you enjoy it - the confidence is bound to be higher now, Stoke won't be easy to beat, but the match is at Goodison.

I think Everton have had the rub of the green in the last 2 games - "softish" penalty, opponent sent off - but at least we won.

True. However we've not had the rub of the green in other games - Villa and Liverpool at home immediately spring to mind - so we deserve a wee bit of good fortune.

Stoke tend to struggle after playing in the Europa League, so I think we'll win on Sunday. Going to be an emotional day now - hopefully everyone in Blue will honour the memory of Gary Speed.