The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

£2m for Yakubu is pretty decent. He's not a great player and is absolutely infuriating to watch.

£4m for Beckford is great business but I'd have liked to see him stay. Fair enough, he didn't have a great first season in the PL but it was reasonably decent. It leaves Everton horribly short up front, especially when Saha picks up his inevitable injury.

Is this confirmed?

I really do fear the worst. As you say, when Saha gets his injury - we're fucked.

Is this confirmed?

I really do fear the worst. As you say, when Saha gets his injury - we're fucked.

Hmmm. At first the numbers I'd heard were £2m and £4m for Yak and Beckford respectively.

Posters on Toffeetalk are saying £1.5m and £3m.

Knocked back £4m last year for Yak and now taken £4.5 for Yak & Beckford. Hmmm.

Hmmm. At first the numbers I'd heard were £2m and £4m for Yak and Beckford respectively.

Posters on Toffeetalk are saying £1.5m and £3m.

Knocked back £4m last year for Yak and now taken £4.5 for Yak & Beckford. Hmmm.

So Beckford has been confirmed, £4+ million. Yak is gone too for 2 million? I saw nothing about it other than Blackburn were poised to sign him.

The writing was on the wall for the Yak when he didn't even get off the bench against Villarreal, even though we replaced both Anichebe and Saha who started as the strikeforce in that game. From what we've had from him over the past couple of seasons, aka sod all, he's no loss.

I too am concerned about the striker situation, though hopefully the two who have signed can come in and do a job. Saha's a good player and will get goals but he can't stay fit. That is a major problem but, never mind, we still have Vic.... :rolleyes:

Now Arteta's gone, it's time to see the likes of Osman and even the young lad Barkley step up to the mark. When we think about it, how many games has he actually played in the last couple of seasons anyway? The only thing about that deal and the Beckford one is that we know fine well that Moyes won't see a penny of it in January.

Ahoj!

Considering the "depth" of Everton's stike force, I'm really surprised that Moyes didn't take up the offer of a loan of Bendtner as a makeweight in the Arteta deal.

http://www.sportingl...SEASON=&BID=323

The Gunners are said to have initially offered Nicklas Bendtner - who joined Sunderland on a season-long loan - in apart-exchange deal, something rejected out of hand by Everton.

Borys

Edited by Borys

Big mistake not accepting Bendtner, I can't see this being a good season for Everton. The thin squad will be tested this season. I really hope they avoid a lot of injuries. Although I'm sure if called upon, reserve players & youth players would relish a chance of some first team football. I see Everton finishing bottom half of the table.

Edited by JamieStevenson

I'm glad Everton rejected that fcking donkey.

Really? He's clearly a talented player often played out of position on the left wing for Arsenal rather than through the middle and gets alot 20 minute cameos which is hardly fair to judge him. Think he will do well for Sunderland and it will be Everton's loss.

As for Everton who are you going to get now? Beattie? McFadden? Why not go the whole hog and bring Franny Jeffers back.

Saha is a good player but injury prone, if he picks up a bad injury Everton are fucked. Will regret not taking Bendtner in my opinion.

Ahoj!

Consider the "depth" of Everton's stike force, I'm realy surprised that Moyes didn't take up the offer of a loan of Bendtner as a makeweight in the Arteta deal.

http://www.sportingl...SEASON=&BID=323

Borys

Can the banks now cash in loan signings?

Bendtner is a bit of an enigma really. He may well do well at Sunderland, and could have done so at Everton, but conversely he could've been rotten. He always looks to me as though he can't be arsed and, regardless of his ability, that something Everton can't afford to have.

Keeping Saha fit is really going to be crucial now though until January.

On a side note, as he's on a free and wouldn't command a huge wage, I'd have McFadden back to bolster squad numbers if he proved his fitnes...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah very good win today. Was important to take 3 points from this fixture after all the doom and gloom from the past couple of weeks. Delighted to see Vellios and Drenthe score, can't wait to see that on MOTD tonight. 3 really difficult games up next as well, however we have a good record against City and Chelsea in recent times, and who knows what can happen in the heat of the derby.

What was disappointing to see though was Louis Saha's comments about being left out. As far as I know he was unfit to play. Can't imagine Moyes will be happy with him.

Anyway, excellent stuff today. Lets keep these results coming, COYB :D

Yeah very good win today. Was important to take 3 points from this fixture after all the doom and gloom from the past couple of weeks. Delighted to see Vellios and Drenthe score, can't wait to see that on MOTD tonight. 3 really difficult games up next as well, however we have a good record against City and Chelsea in recent times, and who knows what can happen in the heat of the derby.

What was disappointing to see though was Louis Saha's comments about being left out. As far as I know he was unfit to play. Can't imagine Moyes will be happy with him.

Anyway, excellent stuff today. Lets keep these results coming, COYB :D

Oh, I'm not worried about that game! :whistle