The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Vital - and by all accounts, deserved - win over Nottingham Forest at Goodison, two goals and a clean sheet. Coupled with Brentford's demolition of Luton yesterday gives the Toffees a little bit of breathing space and a boost to the goal difference over both Forest and Luton.

I can now relax.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig and grandma

17 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Vital - and by all accounts, deserved - win over Nottingham Forest at Goodison, two goals and a clean sheet. Coupled with Brentford's demolition of Luton yesterday gives the Toffees a little bit of breathing space and a boost to the goal difference over both Forest and Luton.

I can now relax.

Agreed. I reckon three points required for safety (assuming no further deductions). Just need Clyde to get their fingers out too.

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I can now relax.

8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Agreed. I reckon three points required for safety (assuming no further deductions). Just need Clyde to get their fingers out too.

When I wrote "I can now relax", I actually just meant until the next game, I don't think Everton are safe yet, quite liable to lose to both Liverpool and Brentford. (Quite liable to win both, too, although not so likely.)

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

3 points against Sheff U or Luton will be enough. Luton have 4 games left so unlikely they will get 9 points from that.

Everton are quite liable to lose to those two, too.

Burnley - Manchester United A, Newcastle United H, Tottenham Hotspur A, Nottingham Forest H

Luton - Wolves A, Everton H, West Ham A, Fulham H

Nottingham Forest - Manchester City H, Sheffield United A, Chelsea H, Burnley A

Everton - Liverpool H, Brentford H, Luton Town A, Sheffield United H, Arsenal A

Before last Saturday I would have said Luton were quite capable of picking up 9 points from those set of fixtures - and I still wouldn't bet against them -  Everton would need to ensure 3 of those points  aren't against them. Everton ideally would need to beat Brentford and Sheffield United to ensure safety. Still nervy times ahead, I fear.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Everton have already lost to Luton, and drawn with Sheffield United...

I was at both games funnily enough. Luton really surprised me at Goodison. Very direct, and Morris was a real handful. Decent outfit on that showing.

Sheff U - great day out in the sunshine but two points dropped against a poor team.

3 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I was at both games funnily enough. Luton really surprised me at Goodison. Very direct, and Morris was a real handful. Decent outfit on that showing.

Sheff U - great day out in the sunshine but two points dropped against a poor team.

You're a jinx - don't go to any more games this season! :lol:

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s rare moments like this that you wish Rab was still about. If he’s reading this, GIRFUY. You lost the league at Goodison Park! 

There’s a rumour he ended up standing right behind the pillar in the 2nd half 😭.

IMG_7562.jpeg

Threatened to be a bit like a few other Everton games this season where they started excellently but gradually lost any attacking threat before eventually conceding, however they seemed to get their act together after half-time and put in a really effective counter-attacking performance.