The Room

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be honest, I got about 35 minutes into this film and I really wasn't seeing the appeal. I was damn close to turning it off, and then...

OH HAI MARK!

Tipping point. It's amazing. I'm still only 50 minutes in but it's going from strength to strength. When Mark nailed that bloke into the bins I nearly died.

Where? :unsure:

George Square Gardens.

Yeah, George Square Gardens is in George Square Gardens this year.

Edit: Just noticed something that might suggest the whole thing is deliberately shite after all. Post 1 of this thread, watch the roof scene again. When Johnny says "it seems to me like you're the expert Mark", keep an eye on Mark, you can quite clearly see him laughing.

Wiseau you evil genius b*****d. :D

I can't stress this point enough, whether you've seen it before or not, go and see this film at the festival.

Laughter is obviously infectious, and being in a room full of people laughing hysterically (and I mean hysterically) at every line Wiseau comes out with makes an already funny film 10x funnier. Mark and Lisa got booed to f**k in every scene and there was some top notch shouts from the crowd in between the laughter, I was in tears.

We were wondering if the American "traditions" for watching showings of The Room would happen, and they all did. Clapping throughout all the sex scenes, chanting "GO GO GO" during those long panning shots of The Golden Gate Bridge, as well as roaring "SPOOOOOONS" and launching hundreds of plastic spoons at the screen every time the pictures of spoons from the apartment were on screen, it all happened. I assumed with so many spoons flying about that it would happen once, but every single time there was hundreds of them. :lol:

I can't stress this point enough, whether you've seen it before or not, go and see this film at the festival.

Laughter is obviously infectious, and being in a room full of people laughing hysterically (and I mean hysterically) at every line Wiseau comes out with makes an already funny film 10x funnier. Mark and Lisa got booed to f**k in every scene and there was some top notch shouts from the crowd in between the laughter, I was in tears.

We were wondering if the American "traditions" for watching showings of The Room would happen, and they all did. Clapping throughout all the sex scenes, chanting "GO GO GO" during those long panning shots of The Golden Gate Bridge, as well as roaring "SPOOOOOONS" and launching hundreds of plastic spoons at the screen every time the pictures of spoons from the apartment were on screen, it all happened. I assumed with so many spoons flying about that it would happen once, but every single time there was hundreds of them. :lol:

Going to see this on Sunday now, purely due to your review. Can't wait :lol:

Good stuff, enjoy.

I hope the crowd are as rowdy for all the showings, after all how many The Room nutters can there actually be? :lol:

Don't think I've ever been to the cinema and seen a film which gets a standing ovation from all the audiance. Ironic that it happened after the worst film I've ever seen (apart from The Box).

Good stuff, enjoy.

I hope the crowd are as rowdy for all the showings, after all how many The Room nutters can there actually be? :lol:

Don't think I've ever been to the cinema and seen a film which gets a standing ovation from all the audiance. Ironic that it happened after the worst film I've ever seen (apart from The Box).

There are no "apart froms" where The Room is concerned, only absolute, 100% definites, and it is unquestionably, 100%, without doubt, the worst film ever made...I thank God every day since seeing The Room for the complete and utter lack of genius and talent given to Mr Tommy Wiseau :D

Gutted I'm not going to get to see it at the Fringe, watched it with my wee brothers and a couple of mates last week and it was even funnier for watching it with a group of people, can only imagine seeing it in a packed cinema would be amazing, especially when the spoons started flying :lol:

The reaction when the audience got to see Tommy's freakishly muscular deformed ass pumping away was a joy to behold. There were tears.

Also the rythmic clap and sing-a-long to that horrendous RnB music during the sex scenes is worth the £8.

The Room is a fantastic topic when you are pished.

It is universal, it appeals to ALL audiences.

It appeals to all people with a good sense of humour. When I meet a fellow Room fan I can usually assume they're a decent sort. Oh and alcohol only makes it 10x better.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived