The Room

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was excellent. Felt it started a bit slow but once it got to the film being made it was fantastic. Both the Francos were superb but James was absolutely spot on as Tommy.

The end sequence where they showed the 2 films side by side were almost identical. Highly recommend this film!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw TDA tonight. Not much point in seeing it if you haven't seen The Room but if so, a) why are you reading this thread, and more importantly b) why haven't you seen The Room?

It's very good , constant smile on my face throughout although most of the laugh out loud bits are the lines from the Room itself.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Saw TDA tonight. Not much point in seeing it if you haven't seen The Room but if so, a) why are you reading this thread, and more importantly b) why haven't you seen The Room

I don't think that's true at all. As a standalone comedy about an eccentric nutty character, I think it'll work well for everyone.

Went to see it on Saturday and thought it was excellent. The Franco brothers are clearly the standouts and produced brilliant performances, but thought the whole supporting cast did a really good job. There was a smile on my face the whole way through, especially with the triumphant end. Really hope it wins an Oscar and Tommy gets to go up, would be complete and utter scenes.

On a somewhat related subject, got home today to a beautiful Christmas jumper in the post:

2f547b3b8ebe587e5de1f06a9e5df828.jpg

James Franco will need to win Best Actor to have a chance of a solo oscar, because Nolan is winning the directing one to be sure. It's one of those ones that's really predictable.

Given how much he flung himself into the role, how incredibly he nailed it and how the Academy loves movies about behind the scenes stuff, and this is definitely partly that, I'm actually thinking it's his.

James Franco will need to win Best Actor to have a chance of a solo oscar, because Nolan is winning the directing one to be sure. It's one of those ones that's really predictable.
Given how much he flung himself into the role, how incredibly he nailed it and how the Academy loves movies about behind the scenes stuff, and this is definitely partly that, I'm actually thinking it's his.

Tom Hanks (The Post) and Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour) are getting hype.
From what I’ve seen, I’d say any of Hugh Jackman (Logan), Simon Russell Beale (The Death of Stalin) and Andy Serkis (War for the Planet of the Apes) should get nominated. I don’t think any of them will though.
I’ve not seen The Disaster Artist yet and I’m sure James Franco is great in it, but are they likely to give him recognition for what I presume is a comedic role?

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

He's got a shout for the big prize as well, but it's probably Oldman's.

It'll certainly be Oldman.  From the trailer it looks like he does an incredible job.  

I love that Tommy Wiseau was on stage when Franco won!

Archived