Have I Got News For You

Eye Valley

Am I sad in saying that I've watched it from the start? (1990)

Sometimes I'm expecting to get a bot bored with it, but I never do, it's still fantastic.

Thought it was dead in the water when Deayton left - still miss his dry wit, but having a guest presenter was/is a master stroke.

Replacing Deayton with a permanent presenter would maybe have been the death of HIGNFY.

Who knows?

LIST OF EPISODES

Didn't realise it had been running that long. Don't go out of my way to watch this but I do rather enjoy it when I do. Was better with Deayton but some of the guest presenters do a good job.

Brian Blessed was cracking when he hosted and should be on it more than guff like Alexander Armstrong although not a permanent host, as his schtick would grow thin. All in my opinion.

Yes, it's still great. It was better with Deayton as host; there was simply better chemistry between the 3 regulars then. The episode where Deayton gets torn to shreds is a TV classic. I'm surprised he hasn't come back as a guest host yet.

• 4 years later...

I've been re-watching these from the start,now up to series 10 (1995 ish) absolutely hilarious, most weeks there was a laugh out load moment, loads of news stories i'd forgotten about which makes it funnier somehow.

I originally gave up when Deyton got sacked but came back years later & realised it was still funny which is why i decided to start from scratch about a month ago. I'd recommend it to anyone who wasn't there from the start.

I've been re-watching these from the start,now up to series 10 (1995 ish) absolutely hilarious, most weeks there was a laugh out load moment, loads of news stories i'd forgotten about which makes it funnier somehow.

I originally gave up when Deyton got sacked but came back years later & realised it was still funny which is why i decided to start from scratch about a month ago. I'd recommend it to anyone who wasn't there from the start.

Deayton always annoyed the f*ck out of me - the episode where he got ripped apart is still one of my favourites.

Archived