Dance Songs

SOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Vitalic, seen him live quite a few times and listen to some of his live sets at work.  Found this one the other day ...

The last song - around the 1:04:40 mark - I've never heard anywhere else, not on his albums / live shows. I'm not even sure it's by him. Any idea what it's called? I've tried the comments thread, I've tried Shazam, I even typed "Family Monster" into Google (that's what the lyrics sound like) but to no avail. 

A gargantuan glut of greenies to the person who can identify the tune!

The lyrics are French, surely? I've had a listen to his sets from a similar date and even tried typing in my pigeon-French interpretation of the lyrics but no luck!

Vitalic played his live show twice over here (Edinburgh and Glasgow once each) last year but I couldn't get any friends to go with me.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

10 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

The lyrics are French, surely? I've had a listen to his sets from a similar date and even tried typing in my pigeon-French interpretation of the lyrics but no luck!

Vitalic played his live show twice over here (Edinburgh and Glasgow once each) last year but I couldn't get any friends to go with me.

Ha! I tried that too... mind you, despite doing French all the way through school, I couldn't even decipher the words of Encore Une Fois back in the day. The female announcer on the video is dead easy to understand though for some reason!

If you're friends aren't into their dance / techno then it's a hard sell. But if they've got the cheek to go and see Calvin Harris or any of the "Big DJs" then they've really no excuse. Your best might be a festival ... Vitalic never seems to play sets longer than an hour, but he crops up in more mainstream festivals around Europe (e.g. he's played T in the Park quite a few times ... usually at odd times like 4 in the afternoon). 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

• 3 months later...