Dance Songs

SOL

Yup, podcasts are an excellent idea. Here's another you might want to check out:

Armin Van Buuren - A State of Trance (if you've got itunes, subscribe. If you don't, follow the youtube link).

And McKee: please do show us what the poor clubbers in Malia have been subjected to non-stop. I could do with being forewarned, as they'll no doubt come back here and play the songs continually.

Listening to the latest podcast just now, pretty good so far, I'll probably look through the archives at this rate. Also had a listen to Tiesto's Club Life podcast as well, which was some pretty solid trance fare, as you'd expect. I'll need to try and search for some lesser known artists/DJ's as well, if I can be arsed.

I often find that the people who like these aren't really into dance music at all. This is particularly true of The Prodigy.

In fact, many of the people I know actively despise dance music, although The Prodigy and a couple of electro groups seem to be acceptable to them for some reason.

To be honest, i have a pretty low opinion of pretty much everything The Prodigy have released since "Music for the Jilted...". It's an absolutely superb album IMO.

I certainly wouldn't class Leftfield as dance, just music to get stoned by really.

I liked a couple of Chemical Brothers tunes in the mid 90s, but lost interest after that.

Listening to the latest podcast just now, pretty good so far, I'll probably look through the archives at this rate. Also had a listen to Tiesto's Club Life podcast as well, which was some pretty solid trance fare, as you'd expect. I'll need to try and search for some lesser known artists/DJ's as well, if I can be arsed.

Spotify is actually pretty decent for finding lesser known trance artists. Here's one I found:

To be honest, i have a pretty low opinion of pretty much everything The Prodigy have released since "Music for the Jilted...". It's an absolutely superb album IMO.

I certainly wouldn't class Leftfield as dance, just music to get stoned by really.

I liked a couple of Chemical Brothers tunes in the mid 90s, but lost interest after that.

Yeah, there's no doubt their older stuff was their best stuff. I actually quite liked a few of the tunes off Invaders Must Die, but those tracks aren't quite going to make it as timeless classics. It's good to see they can still chuck out a few good tunes.

Spotify is actually pretty decent for finding lesser known trance artists. Here's one I found:

That's probably the sort of stuff I'd be looking for, nothing overly complicated, just something simple and uplifting, with a thumping beat :D

Anyway, I'll fire in this piece of Eurodance cheese to probably cause a few ears to bleed:

First time I ever heard this was about 15 years ago...maybe even a bit more im not sure, and it was through being bet £20 that I couldn't sit still through the whole thing. I lost.

Crookers are a good italo-disco act that have been around for a few years. I prefer a lot of these continental acts to English speaking nations, however, it's not a genre I've really delved into too much.

Two choice cuts off Tons of Friends.