Luther

Shuggie_Murray7

Thought that was a pretty weak finale tbh compared to the rest of the season and previous finales. There was no real suspense or chilling moments, and once you've seen the bad guy shoot one policeman in the chest with a shotgun, you've seen them all.

Good to have Alice back, but it was a pretty tame ending to what could have been one of the most interesting and well written killers in television history. He was so interesting when he had a purpose, and seeing him unravel was fun to watch, but in the end all it made him was just like any other killer with nothing setting him apart like when he was killing for justice.

Still an amazing show though and better than most things on TV. Can't believe how long we have to wait inbetween seasons for another one (if we get another one) and all for 4 episodes. :(

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuff with Mary was so poorly done this season, load of shite. Relationship came from absolutely nowhere.

Thought the ending with Alice was very predictable and a pish note to end on.

Enjoyed the vigilante villain in the previous episode but he wasn't anything like maniacal or evil enough to justify a finale centred around him. Pretty much every previous villain would have made a better note to end on. He was the weakest in the show's history.

Also to build a whole investigation to simply wrap it up with the two detectives getting shot was lame.

Overall I thought it was a crap ending.

Don't really get the love for Alice. Been over acting since day one and basically a pantomime villain.

Also, what the f**k is up with the woman boss' accent? That can't be how she actually talks.

Best episode was in the first season when Barry Robson had a breakdown and started shooting policemen.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've just started watching this, a lot of people I know really rate it but its just a very slight twist on the usual cliched 'tortured soul' copper. I'll probably watch all of them now but I've got to say, I'm a bit disappointed so far but I've only watched the first two episodes of series 1 so I'm hoping it gets better. The baddy burd is a really shit character, I hope she gets fucked off sharpish. Oh and how do they find a bridge in London thats that empty ?

His missus is charming though !

I smashed the first series in this afty, didn't see anything to shout about, if there was more (female) nudity it might have won me over but overall I thought it was a standard 6 out of 10. Will probably catch up with the rest of it, just to tick it off as done. :unsure:

• 2 years later...

Really tried hard to like it but it hit every obvious cliché going and honestly didn't think it was much better than a 6 oota ten...like idris Elba but film is his thing...too auld for bond imo but he can do better than this low rent rebus / holè / etc tortured copper cliché

Really looking forward to this, and nice to see Rose Leslie back on our screens. Just a shame it's only a two-parter and not a full series!

I was actually surprised to see it's back, as the talk after series 3 was that they were looking to a do a film to round it all off. I wonder what the appearance of 'series 4' means for the future of the show?

• 2 weeks later...

The bad guys are so freaking good in Luther. I was convinced one of the buses were gonna be a bomb as well. Shat myself at the fridge scene as thought that was just gonna be a head or other body parts. Gutted it's only two episodes long to be honest.

Archived