Frank Turner

Zanetti

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
6 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

New album is a bit ‘meh’ a few skippers even more so than his last album. ‘Little Changes’ is absolutely dreadful.

I saw him live twice, once with a band, once without.  He's so much more enjoyable without his band.  Totally different experience.

New album is a bit ‘meh’ a few skippers even more so than his last album. ‘Little Changes’ is absolutely dreadful.

Would agree with this. He’s quickly becoming very ‘meh’ in my opinion, which is disappointing because he’s done loads of fantastic stuff throughout all his albums.

• 1 month later...
I saw him live twice, once with a band, once without.  He's so much more enjoyable without his band.  Totally different experience.

This! Seen him earlier in the year at the old fruit market on his own and a few years ago up in Inverness. He’s fantastic when it’s just him and his guitar.

Puts on a good show with the band but agree, it comes across as pretty generic, nondescript rock with them in tow. Saw him three times before a good number of years ajo then again at Kendall last summer and the difference was stark

Archived