Arrested Development

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been rewatching Arrested Development for the first time in five years, loads of characters I didn't remember, Gene Parmesan, Ice, Starla, it's like watching a new sitcom, but funny.

Bears many rewatches, so many jokes that you could easily miss. Can't wait for the new stuff although also worried it might be shit. Must be pretty soon now?

Been rewatching Arrested Development for the first time in five years, loads of characters I didn't remember, Gene Parmesan, Ice, Starla, it's like watching a new sitcom, but funny.

Bears many rewatches, so many jokes that you could easily miss. Can't wait for the new stuff although also worried it might be shit. Must be pretty soon now?

The Gene Parmesan episode is fantastic. I was near crying with laughter at Lucille's reaction to him. "AHH! He got me again!"

The Gene Parmesan episode is fantastic. I was near crying with laughter at Lucille's reaction to him. "AHH! He got me again!"

The Master of Disguise.

I watched the episode with Tiny Town and the Japanese investors last night. It's pure comedy gold, Tobias as the Giant Mole with George Michael in the jetpack "Spacesuit" has me howling with laughter every time, although everything about that episode is maginficent.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a trailer to whet your appetite's...

I'm so eager for this to be great that I'm feeling both excited and a little trepidatious. If it ends up being a disappointment I'll be crushed. It will be worth the wait though wont it? Please tell me it will.

Here's a trailer to whet your appetite's...

I'm so eager for this to be great that I'm feeling both excited and a little trepidatious. If it ends up being a disappointment I'll be crushed. It will be worth the wait though wont it? Please tell me it will.

Scared it's not going to be brilliant?

family_chicken.gif

Worry not, it's going to be brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

So aye, I couldn't stop. Finished up to episode six and yeah, after the second episode, it's absolutely brilliant. The Tobias episode is probably the best episode they've ever done.

Finished watching the new episodes earlier and overall, I enjoyed it. However, with some of the episodes it dragged a bit with the longer episodes durations. I liked the way everything started to come together in the last few episodes and things started to make more sense.

Finished watching all the new Arrested Developments, picked up steam after the crappy first episode, not as good as the original run but still glad it exists, many genuine lols to be had.

first 2-3 episodes were quite poor. I don't know that it works as well having episodes that are michael heavy without tobias, gob etc to counterbalance it. The later episodes (tobias and gob especially) are much better. On episode 8 now.

Yeah some of the characters definitely don't suit a whole episode devoted to them, agree that the Gob and Tobias ones are the standouts.

Finished watching all the new Arrested Developments, picked up steam after the crappy first episode, not as good as the original run but still glad it exists, many genuine lols to be had.

Think the best two of the lot have to be 1) The closing minutes of the Tobias 1 episode and 2) A guide to George Michael's kissing.

Archived