Arrested Development

Sorry if there has been another thread on this show.

But I've recently started watching it on FX, its 1 of the most hilarious shows I've seen in a long time.

Has anyone else seen it?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have all the episodes and I've actually been watching them quite a bit recently. I discovered the show by chance when watching late night TV as a student when it was on BBC 2.

There is a film in development at the moment as well. I really hope it can live up to the high standards of the TV series.

Tobias is my favourite character.

Had all the dvds for a couple years now - amazing show. First 2 series are brilliant while the 3rd is good but not as funny. Tobias and GOB are two of my favourite characters in any tv show. Cannot wait for the film :D

Watched the first two episodes just there, it's alright. Considering I've seen most of the big comedy shows then it's nice that there's one that I still have to watch. I'll try and finish the season and comment further.

Stupid Project TV, missing episodes 4,6,8,9,10 and 12 onwards from season 1 because all the megavideo ones are blocked due to infringement.

sad.gif If anyone can remedy this without it involving me downloading torrents then I will greenie you up.

Stupid Project TV, missing episodes 4,6,8,9,10 and 12 onwards from season 1 because all the megavideo ones are blocked due to infringement.

sad.gif If anyone can remedy this without it involving me downloading torrents then I will greenie you up.

Clicky

• 3 months later...

I'll disclaimer this post by saying that if this happened I'd be the first one to see it.

Although Bateman confirmed via twitter, it's shit like this that makes me apprehensive:

And now, the obligatory caveats: Hurwitz acknowledges that, while the creative side is cooperating 100 percent, the stumbling block, as always, comes down to money. “We don’t completely own the property, there are business people involved and studios and that kind of thing,” he said—as he's always said—adding that the expanded project “requires studios to work together that don’t typically work together, film and TV.” And of course, as of right now, there's neither a film studio nor a network attached to either project, meaning Hurwitz has essentially doubled down on his bet that someone cares enough about reviving Arrested Development for its cult fanbase

I really want more AD!

• 4 months later...

I'm not trying to be edgy and controversial, but I can't seem to find the universal appeal in this programme. Just about everyone who's seen it lauds it as one of the funniest sitcoms ever, but I'm just not getting that. It's quite funny, and I'm nearly at the end now, but it's not "the funniest thing ever".

Just as an example, the last sitcom I watched my way through was Modern Family, which I thought was infinitely more hilarious.

I think I must've only laughed out loud a handful of times (and only once that I can remember off-hand, when Michael throws the bible at the blind lawyer. Not exactly cerebral comedy, but I lol'd) and I'm just wondering what it it that everyone else finds so funny.

I have a feeling it might be because I find Tobias incredibly annoying. His whole thing just doesn't amuse me.

Archived