Sons of Anarchy

A-Mac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished the latest season of Mayans MC on the iPlayer. 

Decent enough show, but really not a patch (pun intended) on SoA. Even after 3 series I can't name half the characters.  

Spoiler

The Coco drug addiction storyline bored me stiff

It just misses something - a sense of real danger, perhaps, or a reason that these characters do what they do. Edward James Olmos is utterly, utterly wasted in this show. They give him nowt to do. 

• 10 months later...

Gave season 1 of Mayans a shot and thought it was decent, albeit with a slow start.

Loved seasons 2 and 3 and blasted through them. Amusing to see that, like Sons on Anarchy, most of the characters have the emotional maturity of a 10 year old.

What an absolute bitch Galindo was in season 3, greeting over his c**t maw. Also, how was this guy a cartel boss? He had about 4 guys! His wife was a moron too. She got herself in way too deep and didn't realise until too late. She thought she was way smarter than she actually was. Had to laugh at her defending Galindo when EZ thought he might have ordered his maw killed. Aye, this murdering cartel boss couldn't possibly have ordered the death of someone. Idiot. Also, she wore some honking outfits.

Thought that Santo Padre were right to smash that dickhead Mexican club after what they did (especially after they tried to set folk in cages on fire). Just like in SoA, greed caused all sorts of problems and death, as we saw after Santo Padre wiped the Mexican gang out.

Had a good chuckle at the Swole Boys. Good bit of piss taking that. Would have liked to the local SoA chapter's meeting with them though, as Packer promised, preferably with the Sons kicking f**k out of them.

Bishop is a wee bitch.

Agree that the Coco being a junkie stuff was shite. Pointless too.

Sad to see Chucky go.

Fucking hate Potter. A weird creep. Hated him in SoA too. Disappointed Adelita/Luisa didn't kill him when she caught up to him.

Senõr Reyes/Cortez was right to warn Gabby away from EZ, but he did it in a daft manner.

Watched the first two episodes of season 4 tonight. The first episode is one of the most ludicrous pieces of TV I've seen, even for this type of show.

The end of episode 10 of season 3 saw a load of Mayans from other chapters turn up at the Santo Padre compound, looking to kill the SP lads. Episode 1 of season 4 picks up right where it left off. There must be about 50-60 Mayans outside, all well armed, against 7 Mayans inside, poorly armed. Somehow it takes the lads outside the compound ages to break the gate down, but when they do they just do nothing. They could easily surround the club house and shoot it up to f**k, then walk in and mop up survivors. Should take them about 5 minutes, especially when the Santo Padre guys run out of ammo (and obviously so as well).

Instead the other Mayans just stand around outside until it gets light. What the f**k were they doing?! Then, when EZ offers himself up and goes outside, they don't just immediately shoot him or batter him. Then the rest of the lads come outside. The other Mayans do nothing! The Santo Padre guys (who now seem to have a couple of extra lads never seen before) are put on their knees and are given a boring and long speech by the lad they tried to blow up. The guys we've never seen before get killed. Then Marcus just strolls in and pretty much tells everyone to go home, which they do! They guy isn't even a Mayan any more.

Until episode 2 that is. We get a jump cut of '4 months later' and somehow Marcus is the SP president, with Bishop bumped down to vice president. Coco has been reinstated. How the f**k did Marcus become president, and Bishop get bumped down? Silly, very silly.

Oh aye, and Galindo is apparently dead. Emily is now working in a diner and lives alone in a shithole, but at least she doesn't wear silly outfits now.

Still, some interesting developments at the end of this episode.

Just finished season 4 of Mayans.

Fucking hell it's gotten dark! Very enjoyable though and I blasted through the episodes.

EZ's heel turn was something and mental that he's now el presidente. Him killing Gabby sealed his descent and I think he 'died' that night. That episode was another credibility stretching chuckle mind. Three guys shooting up a hospital, caught on camera multiple times with multiple witnesses and nothing happens. Not as silly as the season opener mind, which I noted in my previous post as being ridiculous.

Disappointed Galindo is back. Don't like the character. He's a daft whiny wee bitch. Emily is a silly boot too.

Taza had the right idea by fucking off, especially since his mess helped kick off the war.

That junkie who tourtured Coco being a Son was an odd reveal.

Marcus played himself by getting EZ to read the book

EZ's pal from prison grossly underestimated things and paid the price.

Will Nestor be kept on as a prospect now that Marcus is gone? Will he want to?

Who set fire the heroin at the end? Marcus? Angel?!

Soundtrack has improved a lot.

As with SoA, there's a lot of smoking. These guys love a cigarette! Also most of them have the emotional maturity of a child. A whole load a manchildren. Again, as with SoA, greed is the ultimate downfall of so many. You'd think some of them might realise it, but they're either too blind or too stupid to get it.

Fucking hell it's gotten dark! Very enjoyable though and I blasted through the episodes.
EZ's heel turn was something and mental that he's now el presidente. Him killing Gabby sealed his descent and I think he 'died' that night. That episode was another credibility stretching chuckle mind. Three guys shooting up a hospital, caught on camera multiple times with multiple witnesses and nothing happens. Not as silly as the season opener mind, which I noted in my previous post as being ridiculous.
Disappointed Galindo is back. Don't like the character. He's a daft whiny wee bitch. Emily is a silly boot too.
Taza had the right idea by fucking off, especially since his mess helped kick off the war.

As with SoA, there's a lot of smoking. These guys love a cigarette! Also most of them have the emotional maturity of a child. A whole load a manchildren. Again, as with SoA, greed is the ultimate downfall of so many. You'd think some of them might realise it, but they're either too blind or too stupid to get it.

What are you watching this on? Id read it was on Disney but they only have upto season 3 and can't find it anywhere else.

13 hours ago, Qos91 said:
On 21/06/2022 at 13:15, DA Baracus said:

Reveal hidden contents

What are you watching this on? Id read it was on Disney but they only have upto season 3 and can't find it anywhere else.

I've watched a few episodes on kodi. I'm not sure if it's on officially here.

16 hours ago, Qos91 said:
On 21/06/2022 at 14:15, DA Baracus said:

Reveal hidden contents

3 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I've watched a few episodes on kodi. I'm not sure if it's on officially here.

yesmovies.mn