The General Ross County Chat Thread

Holy moly.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/end-of-season-squad-changes-announced/

Now we're down to:

Mark Brown

Antonio Reguero

---

Darren Barr

Scott Boyd

Cammy Burgess

Marcus Fraser

Ben Frempah

Abdoulaye Meite

Paul Quinn

Jamie Reckord

Steven Saunders

---

Richard Brittain

Terry Dunfield

Jackson Irvine

Filip Kiss

Ruben Palazuelos

Rocco Quinn

Steven Ross

Martin Woods

---

Joe Cardle

Graham Carey

Tony Dingwall

Michael Gardyne

Raffaele De Vita

---

Liam Boyce

Craig Curran

Brian Graham

Kyle Macleod

Jake Jervis

Darvydas Sernas

Brittain has been released I see.

No hard feelings or gloating from me - I hope he finds himself a good club at a good level.

Has Cardle been released too? I see he's on the available players list?

Cardle was too predictable and one dimensional, good enough for the lower leagues but not for the top flight.
I just can't quite put my finger on why Carey just didn't work though. He has bags of ability but seems to struggle for form or confidence if a teams not playing well. He just didn't seem interested this year at all to be honest.

With regards the size of the clearout though, to be fair we had a massively bloated squad by the end of the season (mostly down to injuries).

Christ, that's a bloodletting and a half. Bit weird that Brittain is gone when the ad on the page is a photo of him linking to the "BUY MERCH" page. Has he just not recovered from his injury? Because he's certainly still good enough for the level we're at.

Christ, that's a bloodletting and a half. Bit weird that Brittain is gone when the ad on the page is a photo of him linking to the "BUY MERCH" page. Has he just not recovered from his injury? Because he's certainly still good enough for the level we're at.

They also still had Melvin in that photo for ages after he left.

I think you just invented that term.

But he did invent it for Graham Carey. So he's right.

Carey had one great season, brilliant even, and one year long non-event. I'm not surprised at all, but I'm not sure it's the right move.

They also still had Melvin in that photo for ages after he left.

That's just what you expect from County's website. I'm just surprised they've actually started using it for news like this.

Antonio Reguero

---

Darren Barr

Cammy Burgess

Ben Frempah

Abdoulaye Meite

Steven Saunders

---

Terry Dunfield

Filip Kiss

Ruben Palazuelos

Steven Ross

---

Joe Cardle

Graham Carey

---

Jake Jervis

Darvydas Sernas

Here's 14 cuts I think could be made. It might seem a bit harsh on guys like Frempah, Barr, Sernas and Palazeulos who barely got any game time. It looks like Cardle and Saunders have been pretty open about their departures on Twitter, Dunfield has pretty much been gone for months anyway.

I got the 14 cuts part right I suppose. I have no idea why McIntyre would keep Ross instead of Brittain.