The General Ross County Chat Thread

51 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Contribute something of interest yourself and you might have a case.  Edit: kind of ironic when you just lambasted Ryan Dow earlier in the thread.  Guess you're the only one entitled to nonsense posts?

I did lambast him, as mentioned by others he has shown very little in his almost 50 apps for RC. To brandish “the Gary Glenn of leftbacks’ as ‘Useless’ is laughable. 

I guess due to the fact you don’t go to many games you wouldn’t really know - especially if you go by short BBC highlights. 

ETA; you fairly contradict yourself re players not only on this thread but others too. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway

39 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What's the deal with Chris McLaughlin? I know he was heavily linked with yourselves a few weeks back but I can't be arsed reading back through the thread to see if the potential deal collapsed.

No news, other than what was put in the paper approx. three weeks ago that County were interested in signing him.

Somebody called Declan Hughes is starting a trial.  Ex St Mirren, Cowdenbeath and East Kilbride, a brief google search tells me.

Edit: it can't possibly be him.   Must be another player called Declan Hughes.  

Edited by Savage Henry

To be fair if they are going to continue with the 3-5-2 they used, then we’ve our 3 pretty much certain starters in Lindsay, Draper and Vigurs so this boy Paton and Russel Dingwall will be cover surely.

ETA: Completely forgot about Dykes so more than adequate cover now for CM

Paton is really highly rated within the Canada setup, hopefully he gets regular game time and stakes his claim for a first senior cap for us.  If Fraser Aird can be a full Canada international then soon Harry Paton can be one as well

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Still feel we're light up front, at the back and out wide. Central midfield is looking great, though.

I'm guessing we're going to be seeing a 3-5-2 (or variation thereof) most games.

That's arguably a better central midfield than we had at any point last season.

Paton looks like a nippy, dynamic central midfielder, whereas Draper and Vigurs are a bit more solid.  Lindsay perhaps adds a little more box to box movement as well.  Not sure where Dykes fits into that, but I really like it.  

As you say, our back 3 looks very thin.  We only really have two defenders.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

As you say, our back 3 looks very thin.  We only really have two defenders.

We'll be waiting on Davies to make his decision before we sign anyone there I imagine. Wouldn't be the first time he was "away". If we're going to be playing 3 at the back which seems to be the case, 6 defenders in the squad will be plenty as long as some can play at full back or centre back. So 2 more defenders. 

As for up front, with 4/5 wingers or attack minded midfielders, that'll be fine. Another striker if we can get one cheap then fine as long as either Wallace or Morrison are going out on loan but 4 is plenty there too. 

January window is always there to fill gaps.

1 hour ago, MarkPockets said:

We'll be waiting on Davies to make his decision before we sign anyone there I imagine. Wouldn't be the first time he was "away". If we're going to be playing 3 at the back which seems to be the case, 6 defenders in the squad will be plenty as long as some can play at full back or centre back. So 2 more defenders. 

As for up front, with 4/5 wingers or attack minded midfielders, that'll be fine. Another striker if we can get one cheap then fine as long as either Wallace or Morrison are going out on loan but 4 is plenty there too. 

January window is always there to fill gaps.

This is true.  Davies is still under contract.  It's quite conceivable that our back three is Fontaine, Davies and Fraser... which would be outstanding at Championship level.

Callum Morris might be a name County are looking at for the back three as well, I suppose.