The General Ross County Chat Thread

He'll have about one game next season where he'll look great, no doubt. Then four or five where he does heehaw and that'll be it for him next season.

43 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Chortle.  How about this for a brazen statement of intent?  Absolutely no way this will be used against County.  Nope.  Also, PS, please sign for us.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/pre-season-camp-staggies-head-for-holland/

Great news for those of us who enjoy a long weekend in European capital cities though.

27 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Great news for those of us who enjoy a long weekend in European capital cities though.

The artisan element of our support will follow the club to any bohemian city they travel to.  Dedication.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The artisan element of our support will follow the club to any bohemian city they travel to.  Dedication.

The only down side is we've done Amsterdam before. Prague or Vienna would have presented hitherto unexplored cultural opportunities.

44 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Hmmm. Not sure on that home kit.

I take back everything positive I've said about Macron.  Lordy, I hope we can do a Morton.

ETA: God bless Harry and Whatsherface.

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Pedantry corner

Wageningen is near Arnhem.

It's not that near to Amsterdam.

And Amsterdam is not the capital city of the Netherlands. That would be Den Haag, which is even further away.

However it will be brilliant for the boys, and is still easy enough to reach various other places such as Amsterdam, Utrecht & Nijmegen.

Like the kit though. Looks like County will be on fire - at home at least.

Edited by Les Westander of County

31 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Pedantry corner

And Amsterdam is not the capital city of the Netherlands. That would be Den Haag, which is even further away.

However it will be brilliant for the boys, and is still easy enough to reach various other places such as Amsterdam, Utrecht & Nijmegen.

Like the kit though. Looks like County will be on fire - at home at least.

If we're still in pedantry corner then Amsterdam is the capital city and Den Haag is the seat of government. 

56 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Pedantry corner

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If we're still in pedantry corner then Amsterdam is the capital city and Den Haag is the seat of government. 

What POTM said.

I take the point that Wageningen is not Amsterdam, however, most fans will base themselves there and travel out.  Not too dissimilar to when County spent two pre-seasons in Telki.  No one stayed in Telki - we all went to Budapest and travelled out for the games. 

Yup, we've just gone from having a cracking tartan home top to some strange union Jack type thing, wtf is going on?

I'm a bit gutted as I thought we'd keep the tartan one but just have a new sponsor on it, I missed out on getting last year's tartan home top as it sold out too quick.

4 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Yup, we've just gone from having a cracking tartan home top to some strange union Jack type thing, wtf is going on?

I'm a bit gutted as I thought we'd keep the tartan one but just have a new sponsor on it, I missed out on getting last year's tartan home top as it sold out too quick.

And we're going back to Europe next summer when everyone else is preparing to leave.  We're an ideological mess.