The General Ross County Chat Thread

The one year deals will be with both parties in mind, if we're giving them reasonable money to stay and we miss out on promotion we'll need to cost-cut again no doubt.

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The issue I would have is guys like Draper and McKay have the losing habit having both been relegated 2 years in a row.  Relegated teams have zero room for sulking or the league runs away from you very quickly.  Just ask ICT and United fans.

Both yours and Dundee United's pre seasons were shambolic and that wouldn't have helped matters.  

We have had better squads than the one that was relegated and almost got relegated from the second tier!

So to update, I think this is where we're at now:

Signed
Naismith
Vigurs
Draper
Mckay
Gardyne
G. Morrison
T. Dingwall
R. Dingwall

Still in contract - offered renegotiated terms
Fox
Davies
Kelly
JOB
DKD
Dow

Out of contract - offered new deals
Fontaine
Schalk
Curran
Fraser
Dykes

Released/Departed
Routis
Mikkelsen
Chow
N'Gog
McCarey
Tumilty
Malcolm
Foden
S. Morrison
Ashmore
Kyle Johnson

Loans Ended
Tansey
Kait
Melbourne
Souttar
Lindsay

Edited by Spain

They've barely won a game between them the last 2 years :lol:.

That’s because they were playing in shite showers for those 2 years. Nothing wrong with the pair’s attitude or application last year, both passed marks. Delighted they’ve signed on again and expect them to body this division.

12 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Five-a-side domination.

Greg Morrison is signed to 2019 and I think we can take it that he wasn’t on the kind of first-team wage that needed reduced terms.

Fair enough, I've added him in above then.

8 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That’s because they were playing in shite showers for those 2 years. Nothing wrong with the pair’s attitude or application last year, both passed marks. Delighted they’ve signed on again and expect them to body this division.

You may be disappointed on that front.  You need winners to get out of the Championship.

You may be disappointed on that front.  You need winners to get out of the Championship.

Nice wee cliche there, but that’s all it is. Being in a team that’s been relegated doesn’t turn good players into bad, that’s far too simplistic. Draper did fine in a team that was struggling. Will he do well next season? Who knows, but your comment reads as wishful thinking rather than informed comment.

9 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Nice wee cliche there, but that’s all it is. Being in a team that’s been relegated doesn’t turn good players into bad, that’s far too simplistic. Draper did fine in a team that was struggling. Will he do well next season? Who knows, but your comment reads as wishful thinking rather than informed comment.

Being relegated, not less 2 and 4 years on the bounce respectively,  plays havoc with a player's mentally.  I didn't mentioned anyone's ability.   You've put word in my mouth to suit your argument.

12 minutes ago, Spain said:

Both Dingwall's signed on again. Updated the list above again. We now have 8 players for next year, exciting.

Think it’s underwhelming. Maybe not Russel, seems to have promise. Tony has done nothing of note in a county shirt and can only think he’s been rewarded for being local....

Just now, bunglebonce said:

Just as well there are First Division winners and national trophy winners already signed up then.

May as well give you lads the trophy now IMO.

7 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Think it’s underwhelming. Maybe not Russel, seems to have promise. Tony has done nothing of note in a county shirt and can only think he’s been rewarded for being local....

To be fair, I think Tony is just a championship level player. Will do a good squad job for us at that level.

10 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Scarf reckons Jackson Irvine is the worst player he ever seen in the top flight. I think we can safely disregard anything he says in this thread.

He was in 2014/15.  Several fans of several other clubs agreed.  He was horrific. 

County's loyalty to Tony Dingwall is remarkable. He's been drinking in the last chance saloon for the last two years, at least. I guess he's being viewed as a squad player for next season to make up the numbers.

35 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

County's loyalty to Tony Dingwall is remarkable. He's been drinking in the last chance saloon for the last two years, at least. I guess he's being viewed as a squad player for next season to make up the numbers.

Tony Dingwall's lack of ambition is equally as remarkable.  Not only did he refuse to go to Peterhead on loan, he seems to be quite happy to be a sub six times a season.