The General Ross County Chat Thread

21 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Most doesn't mean all. The overwhelming majority of Staggies I know were happy to see them gone.

Exactly, just pointing out that a majority of Staggies you know or that someone else might speak to on a bus does not quantify as a majority of the support. 

Whilst I did think McIntyre and Dodds time was coming to an end, I thought it was a bit early to do so.

The nature of some of the home defeats last season, continually losing 3-0 and showing no actual improvement said more than enough about how good they were.

Their recruitment was poor, our best two players under them (Boyce and Irvine) were Adams signings.

Boyce’s goals elevated our team above our level. Despite having money they didn’t use it effectively.

They wouldn’t have kept this County side up if they had stayed despite what Dodds’ friends in the media have said.

Coyle was an utter fucking disaster though

Ketts said they hoped to have answers from those that had been offered reduced terms by end of the week. So we should expect some news about those definitely staying, not sure how long he will give the undecided.

Championship looks very competitive next season!

13 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

Ketts said they hoped to have answers from those that had been offered reduced terms by end of the week. So we should expect some news about those definitely staying, not sure how long he will give the undecided.

Championship looks very competitive next season!

My thoughts are that the Vigurs deal was aimed at encouraging the players to stay as much as anything.  I'd be disappointed if Draper left, for example.  I'd also reverse it and say Vigurs must have been given some reassurance about the players before he signed, as he probably shares an agent with a good few.

I'm reliably informed Gardyne has signed up to stay on. There may be mixed reaction after this season. Personally I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I think it's understandable individual standards dropped this season when part of a collective that was abjectly failing. A few of this past seasons squad will hopefully benefit from a bit of a fresh start and a few new team-mates.

1 minute ago, The Great Stagsby said:

I'm reliably informed Gardyne has signed up to stay on. There may be mixed reaction after this season. Personally I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I think it's understandable individual standards dropped this season when part of a collective that was abjectly failing. A few of this past seasons squad will hopefully benefit from a bit of a fresh start and a few new team-mates.

That would be delightful news.

14 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Gardyne put as much into the St Johnstone game as he had in all the other post-split matches combined. Was he not fit?  He was walking through matches a lot of the time.

He seemed not to go for the by-line any more this season. Naismith and DKD were the only players who regularly seemed to manage this, other than perhaps Schalk. I presumed this was in recognition that he had lost some of his pace - but maybe he hasn't really?

Maybe he started too many games this season, but I reckon we need Midge. The County Force is strong with him.

58 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Any update on Gardyne? Think he'd be a great player for you in the Championship and you should do all you can to convince him to stay...

My source, who I have every reason to believe and no reason to doubt, tells me Gardyne put pen to paper on Friday.

Draper, Mckay and Vigurs in a County side playing against Caley. I'm looking forward to staggering levels of seethe at the next Highland derby.

Gardyne and Draper both returning. Seems like we’re getting the band back together for next year.

Routis away.

One year deals give me the “if we’re no up by the end of the season am fucking right off” sort of impression.

One year deals give me the “if we’re no up by the end of the season am fucking right off” sort of impression.

Absolutely. All in this season, and downsizing if they don’t make it up. Trouble is, this might be the most competitive Championship in years.

The issue I would have is guys like Draper and McKay have the losing habit having both been relegated 2 years in a row.  Relegated teams have zero room for sulking or the league runs away from you very quickly.  Just ask ICT and United fans.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolutely. All in this season, and downsizing if they don’t make it up. Trouble is, this might be the most competitive Championship in years.

At least Hearts, Rangers and now Hibs are no longer there.

Surprised to be facing Partick rather than Livi but there is no obvious shoo-in for the title at this stage.