The General Ross County Chat Thread

I've not seen much of County tbf but looking at their squad I'd have thought the additions Coyle has made look like they should improve the team, that's providing Kettlewell has a decent idea of what he's doing. From the outside perspective it just looks like Coyle couldn't be arsed and County have realised it wasn't working. There's absolutely no risk to County emptying him since as it stands Coyle was taking them down.

County have been pretty smart IMO, they've brought in some half-decent players given Coyle a shot at turning things around and made the call with regards binning him with enough games left to give themselves a chance.

Fox in goals seems to be a liability but with Naismith, Souttar, Davies, Fraser O'Brien, Draper, Tansey, DKD, N'Gog, Schalk, Curran, Kait, Eagles, Gardyne that's actually not a bad lower half of the league squad.

I wouldn't stick my mortgage on them staying up but given they're only 3 points off Thistle, 5 off Accies and 7 off Dundee a few wins on the bounce could easily change the complexion of things.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I've not seen much of County tbf but looking at their squad I'd have thought the additions Coyle has made look like they should improve the team, that's providing Kettlewell has a decent idea of what he's doing. From the outside perspective it just looks like Coyle couldn't be arsed and County have realised it wasn't working. There's absolutely no risk to County emptying him since as it stands Coyle was taking them down.

County have been pretty smart IMO, they've brought in some half-decent players given Coyle a shot at turning things around and made the call with regards binning him with enough games left to give themselves a chance.

Fox in goals seems to be a liability but with Naismith, Souttar, Davies, Fraser O'Brien, Draper, Tansey, DKD, N'Gog, Schalk, Curran, Kait, Eagles, Gardyne that's actually not a bad lower half of the league squad.

I wouldn't stick my mortgage on them staying up but given they're only 3 points off Thistle, 5 off Accies and 7 off Dundee a few wins on the bounce could easily change the complexion of things.

Fox's confidence has been shot to pieces.  Player of the year, rightly, last season, but a liability or injured for much of this.  He'll come good.

The Dundee win gives me hope, but let's not pretend that was anything but a fluke.

Naismith, Davies, Souttar  and A.N Other is three quarters of a very decent defence.  Get Draper and Tansey into midfield, and give DKD and Schalk the majority of starts in their right position, and County could conceivably get out of this. In all honesty, if Jim McIntyre had the current squad, I'd be pretty hopeful.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Fox's confidence has been shot to pieces.  Player of the year, rightly, last season

Supporters' player of the year, I still don't get it.  Never mind Liam Boyce that was head and shoulders above everyone else, even when he wasn't scoring.  I have nothing against Fox but he's a lower-echelon Premiership 'keeper at best, and his form this season is barely League 1 standard.

We've been screaming out for a decent left back for ages and both Jim and Owen totally ignored that position and I've no idea why.

Fraser is a decent RB but a LB he is not.

I reckon John Hughes may well be given a shout unless the chairman decides to just let nature take its course......Ive thought for years that Coyle is nothing more than a dud who's had some lucky periods.

He states having his family in England was a challenge. That's pathetic. You don't need a map and compass to know that Dingwall is "up there somewhere"

Once touted as a possible Celtic manager. 

Nae chance.

2 minutes ago, WestCoastHibby said:

I reckon John Hughes may well be given a shout unless the chairman decides to just let nature take its course......Ive thought for years that Coyle is nothing more than a dud who's had some lucky periods.

He states having his family in England was a challenge. That's pathetic. You don't need a map and compass to know that Dingwall is "up there somewhere"

Once touted as a possible Celtic manager. 

Nae chance.

They've appointed kettlewell and his pal till the end of the season.

My 92 year-old grandad told me yesterday that I am inheriting his shares in Ross County, they include 20 original shares from about 60-70 years ago that meant he could become a director of the club. He then bought 250 more recently. I'm genuinely quite honoured that he would think of doing something like this.  If you do end up getting relegated then I don't know whether I need to be reported to the SPFL as having a conflict of interest being a United season ticket holder (I'm working on the assumption that we in no way will get promoted this year). 

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

My 92 year-old grandad told me yesterday that I am inheriting his shares in Ross County, they include 20 original shares from about 60-70 years ago that meant he could become a director of the club. He then bought 250 more recently. I'm genuinely quite honoured that he would think of doing something like this.  If you do end up getting relegated then I don't know whether I need to be reported to the SPFL as having a conflict of interest being a United season ticket holder (I'm working on the assumption that we in no way will get promoted this year). 

^^^Big team found

After all the social media hype about this “Party on the Park” pish, this is embarrassing.

Think this is a representation of our performances on the pitch this season.

http://bit.ly/2FmWZr8

Our contribution to the Tinpot thread is an absolute belter. What the hell were they thinking?

Ross County’s public relations has gone to the pan ever since they decided to improve it.

They hired someone specifically so this kind of crap didn’t happen again. I don’t know who it was, but they are incompetent. £40 a head for that? I’m fairly sure someone who doesn’t know anything about music has just picked some tribute bands they happen to like. You could see it in any bad pub in Inverness for free.

What will happen is that ticket sales will be dire, so they call it off. They’ll then never mention this again, putting it down to the fans rather than internal incompetence in the Marketing department.

File under face painting.

In their defence, £40 for 10 hours' live entertainment in a festival-type setting isn't bad in today's climate, and Donnie Munro is still a pretty big name in this region (does he have a big songbook of his own outside Runrig, or would it be all Runrig covers?  I wouldn't know).

It's probably the only time in the summer they could do it i.e. before the pitch is re-laid, but it won't be much of a party if relegation happens at the club.

5 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

In their defence, £40 for 10 hours' live entertainment in a festival-type setting isn't bad in today's climate, and Donnie Munro is still a pretty big name in this region (does he have a big songbook of his own outside Runrig, or would it be all Runrig covers?  I wouldn't know).

It's probably the only time in the summer they could do it i.e. before the pitch is re-laid, but it won't be much of a party if relegation happens at the club.

5 acts in 10 hours means they're going to need a hell of a lot of Prosecco.