The General Ross County Chat Thread

Owen Coyle is the single most inept manager that ever was. He destroyed Bolton Wanderers my club of birth, and he did the same everywhere else he went. It's no coincidence that we ended up in League 1 and have still not properly recovered. It's no coincidence that Wigan and the Horsebotherers of Blackburn ended up there after he infected their clubs too. Disclaimer: I am too shallow not to laugh at their plight though. lolololololorama.... The rot is probably set in at Ross County now to, and a drastic drop and long, long recovery is probably in store for you guys. Sorry, but that is the calamity of the man. Forever known as Calamity Coyle on the streets of Bolton... and Devon.

13 minutes ago, Devon Warrior said:

Owen Coyle is the single most inept manager that ever was. He destroyed Bolton Wanderers my club of birth, and he did the same everywhere else he went. It's no coincidence that we ended up in League 1 and have still not properly recovered. It's no coincidence that Wigan and the Horsebotherers of Blackburn ended up there after he infected their clubs too. Disclaimer: I am too shallow not to laugh at their plight though. lolololololorama.... The rot is probably set in at Ross County now to, and a drastic drop and long, long recovery is probably in store for you guys. Sorry, but that is the calamity of the man. Forever known as Calamity Coyle on the streets of Bolton... and Devon.

There were murmurings about Coyle having peaked with Saints before Burnley came in for him and there was more surprise at the move than disappointment. His Burnley spell has really been his only genuine period of success. However he was only at Wigan and Blackburn for a number of months and he was just another element in their demise, not the cause. The fact they appointed him showed how much of a basketcase the clubs were at the time they chose him. 

12 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

There were murmurings about Coyle having peaked with Saints before Burnley came in for him and there was more surprise at the move than disappointment. His Burnley spell has really been his only genuine period of success. However he was only at Wigan and Blackburn for a number of months and he was just another element in their demise, not the cause. The fact they appointed him showed how much of a basketcase the clubs were at the time they chose him. 

It was a matter of months, but the man is clearly that incompetent. It's not even an unlucky defeat here and there. It's the same tried and failed formula, week in, week out. Listen to his after match press conference, and it was the same spiel game after game. In fact, he paid that much respect to every opposition, we were always on a loser. Oh, yes, Yeovil are a fantastic footballing side, really outstanding. What even is a Yeovil? Don't they make yoghurts? 

Another Disclaimer: I know what a Yeovil is, they are a very poor side from the county over from me.

14 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Surely this guy can't get another job with the CV he's now got?

Not with the salary tag that he expects, for a long while I had hoped that he might return to Airdrie (where he was a legend as a player) as manager.  Not so sure now.

12 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

I was quite pleased when he was announced. He did inherit a poor & unbalanced squad from Jim n Billy (and no Boyce), so  deserved some time.

His one and only transfer window had him announcing the signing of an injured Tansey (and still injured) as our no.1 target. We sign a player from non-league Woking, whose only noteworthy offering so far has been filming Midge's tadger on Snapchat, and the signing of once £12M N'Gog (who hadn't played for a year) had Bolton fans splitting their sides.

The performance at Perth on Saturday was one of the worst I can remember, the players certainly weren't playing for him.

We were warned by fans of his previous clubs, they were right, can't believe what a diddy he turned out to be.   

Yet all the sycophants in the media will continue to say what a great guy and great coach he is. 

I honestly thought he would have done well up here but it looks like he conned your chairman and the fans by pretending to be something he wasn't.  He talks a good game but his record at RCFC must be one of the worst ever for a SPFL manager. 

32 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Not with the salary tag that he expects, for a long while I had hoped that he might return to Airdrie (where he was a legend as a player) as manager.  Not so sure now.

It might be a pretty realistic option for his next job, tbh. Nobody at a decent level in England or the top flight of Scotland will touch him now, so if he decides to work again (and isn't bothered about the salary when he does) then I could see him at Airdrie.

Hopefully we don't get you in the League Cup again if this does happen. c**t would probably still manage to score against us from the dugout.

Coyle has been dining out on his Burnley success for years but I didn't expect him to flunk quite as badly as he has. It would appear he's spent a fair chunk of Uncle Roy's trillions yet failed to address the imbalances/inadequacies that were there under McIntyre. To chuck it in at this stage is a cowardly act and an admission that he is incapable of getting County out of their current rut. 

I know Kettlewell is rated highly by many but it's going to take a big turnaround at this stage of the season. 

Not at all, I think the squad is far more balanced now than it was under McIntyre. It just appears Coyle was incapable of employing tactics or a game-plan or getting the best out of a squad. I'm quietly confident Ketts & Fergie will get this team playing much better.

Edited by Spain

10 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

I know Kettlewell is rated highly by many but it's going to take a big turnaround at this stage of the season. 

I think our squad has enough in it to stay up under Kettlewell, and there’s enough games  left.

Our problem has been an inept manager failing to have any grasp of tactics. That will change. I’m not sure how Coyle’s relationships were with his players but I’m confident their individual performances will change.

There’s seven against the current bottom six by my reckoning and we’ve had good runs after the split before. Wins against Thistle and Hamilton, both at home, will have us back in the mix.

‘I’m far more confident of staying up than I was a day ago.

Edited by Staggie52