The General Ross County Chat Thread

14 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Good riddance. One of the worst managers appointed at County. 

He's certainly in the worst half of managers in my time following County. But he's got some competition there. Willie McStay, Scott Leitch, and I don't think the damage that Alex Smith did to the club in his 3 years can be understated, we spunked cash up against the wall on complete dreck like Gary McSwegan.

Seems an odd time to go though, but hey, at least we're not going to have to pay out compensation I guess. Hope that Ketts at least gets considered this time, not as if the list of candidates out there is overflowing with obvious appointments.

Not quite as bad as Foran, but then again Foran hadn’t had experience in the English Premiership...

At least you're not completely fucked and if you get the right man in now there's still time to turn things around. We didn't make a change last season and paid the price.

I’d imagine it’ll be Hughes as well, but only until the end of the season. Coyle has left us with two years of Effiong, wasted a small fortune on David N’Gog and no proper left back. Shambles isn’t the word, but at least he’s had the decency to walk away. Coyle’s done.

Most of us wanted him to be given more time a couple of months ago. He got it. He was found wanting. I won't miss him.

Hopefully it isn't Hughes. Kettlewell et al, until the end of season will be fine. It also gives those in power a chance to actually formulate something resembling a long-term plan with the first-team, regardless of the division County are in next season. I really can't be bothered with another summer (and season) of short-termism.

37 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

He talks a good talk. That’s the problem. 

Think that sums him up perfectly.  Talks the talk (and he sure can talk) but basically a gobshite.  At least he had the decency to walk.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Ross county to do a Dundee and appoint a shite tv pundit. Michael Stewart id say.

Shite? That's a compliment for Michael Stewart.

If he became County Manager they would shoot right into my top 10 hated clubs.

He’s stated he resigned on Monday, but less than two hours ago BBC played a piece where he’s asking for fans to turn up in numbers? I’m smelling a big pile of poo here

Glad he’s gone. Shitebag who obv doesn’t want a relegation on his cv although who the fuk will look at his cv now. I think we should approach Murty. Give him an offer of a 2 year contract and he’ll come running

2 minutes ago, humbleheart said:

He’s stated he resigned on Monday, but less than two hours ago BBC played a piece where he’s asking for fans to turn up in numbers? I’m smelling a big pile of poo here

He didn't say he resigned on Monday. He said he'd had a chat with the chairman on Monday and after some thought decided to resign. Nothing to say that was the same day. 

The performance in Perth was the final straw. If St. Johnstone had turned us over by being great and we'd given it a shot, no issues. We absolutely shitebagged it (Naismith and Schalk aside).

I was quite pleased when he was announced. He did inherit a poor & unbalanced squad from Jim n Billy (and no Boyce), so  deserved some time.

His one and only transfer window had him announcing the signing of an injured Tansey (and still injured) as our no.1 target. We sign a player from non-league Woking, whose only noteworthy offering so far has been filming Midge's tadger on Snapchat, and the signing of once £12M N'Gog (who hadn't played for a year) had Bolton fans splitting their sides.

The performance at Perth on Saturday was one of the worst I can remember, the players certainly weren't playing for him.

We were warned by fans of his previous clubs, they were right, can't believe what a diddy he turned out to be.