The General Ross County Chat Thread

24 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That's a signing with one eye on relegation if ever there was one.   Meh to the max.  That said, Charlton were linked with him in December, so there must be something about him.  

ETA: the standard of the Woking league...  heavens above.

ETA2: Woking have a player called Bobson Bawling.  We should go the whole hog and sign him, and make Mickey Mellon our manager.  

And then you should piss off.

Edited by StoneThrowAway

7 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

19 days in and with a game tomorrow, so far we’ve signed a centre midfielder who’s been injured all season and wasn’t really high on the list of priorities, and a part time striker. Really does fill you with optimism for the second half of the season.

Tansey's had nearly 600 mins in the league this season, it's not much less than Schalk and more than Mckay, for instance, albeit in a different role, but we wouldn't have him at all if he had played more and I think he will improve our midifeld.  He missed the whole of December, but I don't think he'll be that far behind in fitness.  I do think he was high on the list of priorities - that deep playmaker role is a key position in Coyle's 433.

Effiong isn't signed yet but Woking went full-time this season, as far as I know.

I'm clutching at straws to try to play devil's advocate, time is marching.  With three league fixtures before the end of the month, none of which I'm confident about, there's a chance we could be isolated at the bottom.   With the way OC was going on about bringing in his own players for long enough, I thought he must have had some business lined up to hit the ground running.

The task for Coyle is to get a settled team and then go for it. I have never thought that our squad was the worst in the league and anything that strengthens it is a plus. Not an exciting transfer window so far but a fit Tansey is a bonus, if Effiong comes and proves a hidden gem I think we’ll be safe. Any way it’s all to play for. Mon the Staggies,             please...

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Inih Effiong, a big unit with strength and pace, he can play with his back to goal and also carry a threat in behind.  He fits the  profile of what we need for Coyle’s 4-3-3.  His first touch is non-league level going by highlights, however :whistle

Same could be said for Chelsea striker Batshuayi when i saw them play Norwich in FA Cup game the other night.

14 minutes ago, forkboy said:

I see we've sent Mikkelsen on loan to Dundee United.

That signing never made sense.  He'll be ideal for us next season, but he's never a Premiership starter.  That said, he could easily have been an impact sub and he never got a chance to do that either.

2 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Just seen N’Gog on STV news there training with County.

Reveal hidden contents

:lol:

David N'Gog, recently been playing in the Greek Superleague, with Panionios.  So he's been training and playing with former County superstar and Greek God Evangelos Ikonomou (who has also just left Panionios and signed for Panathinaikos).

Mr. N'Gog could be well versed on sold on playing in front of the County faithful. Stories of that beautiful cross from the left by the Greek God to set up Steffen Wohlfarth for a 90th minute winner against the celtic horde, it's no wonder the poor kid is begging Coyle to sign him for The County:thumsup2

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Not well done for putting your worst one on and costing us the game, nonetheless?

Can't have it all ways! 

Starting Draper and O'Brien is surely a good trend for our team, can't say I'm bothered about being knocked out of the cup as we have bigger issues atm.