The General Ross County Chat Thread

21 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

In previous windows we've worried about losing the likes of Irvine and Boyce. This January, meh. Bar Naismith and DKD I'm not bothered about anyone departing.

I think Alex Schalk is a class act, and we aren't going to do any better than Scott Fox.  But other than that, yup.  This squad just isn't gelling.  

I'd have said Andrew Davies up until very recently too, but time is catching up on him, I fear.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Is Richard Wilson connected to that two point one (or whatever) project?  The head blogger from that went off on a very long twitter rant on my timeline (for some reason) after I made a joke about a train delay in Partick, which he thought was about his website thing.  There seems to be a few very highly strung Scottish football journalists.

No I don't think so, but that was very funny having everyone pile in on your notifications, especially after I muted the conversation.

Edited by bunglebonce

His only experience is non-league.

On one hand, he fits the profile of a spare defender for when Davies is unavailable, provided that he can challenge for an aerial duel.

On the other, a British player with no Wiki or Transfermarkt page is an ominous sign for a club trying to bring in players to improve sufficiently to avoid relegation.

“Ross County boss Owen Coyle hopes to make two signings before Saturday's Scottish Cup visit to Kilmarnock, with a striker and a defender at the top of his wanted list. (Daily Mail, print edition)”

Hope they can make it through the snow....

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Inih Effiong, a big unit with strength and pace, he can play with his back to goal and also carry a threat in behind.  He fits the  profile of what we need for Coyle’s 4-3-3.  His first touch is non-league level going by highlights, however :whistle

That's a signing with one eye on relegation if ever there was one.   Meh to the max.  That said, Charlton were linked with him in December, so there must be something about him.  

ETA: the standard of the Woking league...  heavens above.

ETA2: Woking have a player called Bobson Bawling.  We should go the whole hog and sign him, and make Mickey Mellon our manager.  

Edited by Savage Henry