The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hearts and Hamilton after the break. They certainly won't sit off JOB as much as Killie did.

Hoping for 4 points from these two.

I see the club have brought back Davie Kirkwood fulltime as Head of the Youth Academy Programme. Which means being in charge of 13-17 year olds apparently. Most interesting bit was that he has been volunteering at the club for the past 18 months? Hadn't realised that.

• 2 weeks later...

Big performance needed against Hamilton now.

First home game I'll miss of the season, away with family. Hoping we try going two up front.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on Morrison...

I'm really not a fan in the slightest. I feel he offers us absolutely nothing. He isn't quick, he doesn't put himself about, doesn't get into good positions and in general doesn't really do much at all.

He's started a couple of games but he's mostly been used from the bench where he's just made absolutely no impact. With Nade being injured he's had more game time recently but it hasn't really helped much.

I hope he can prove me wrong over the next couple of months but if it was up to me he'd be aent back to Dingwall tomorrow. I really expected more from him.

Has Morrison featured for your first team at all and if so how did he look?

The lad McLaughlin at left back has been a very handy signing, I'm quite surprised he was released and not sent on loan somewhere.

Morrison looks great in the u20s, a big strong boy who can put himself about and he is a good finisher with his right foot or head  He's started a couple of games and been a sub a few times.  He had minimal impact in the first team but I hoped that more experience at a lower level would get the best out of him.

McLaughlin should make it back to the Premiership eventually.  McIntyre barely gave him the time of day.  There were murmurs of the player having an attitude, but at the end of the day a young full-back has to be just that much taller and/or quicker at Premiership level.  I don't know if Sean Kelly is a better 'baller' than him, but Kelly is 6'2" which partly explains why he came in while McLaughlin was allowed to leave.  McLaughlin really should have been kept and loaned out to the Champ, though.  ICT would have been ideal for him instead of Joe Chalmers.

Edited by bunglebonce

6 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I hear we've arranged a friendly against the Tinks, next Wednesday (8th) @ 7pm in Dingwall. 

£5 entry with the money going to Maggies Highland. 

A run out for our fringe players and an opertunity to laugh at our lower league neighbours.

Or an opportunity to make more money for Maggies...

Edited by Staggie52

22 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Or an opportunity to make more money for Maggie...

I think i mentioned that on the second line, didn't you see it?

A great cause.

In other news the club have announced David Calder as our new Chief Executive.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/david-calder-named-as-ross-countys-chief-executive/

Ross County Football Club are delighted to announce that David Calder has been named as the club’s new Chief Executive. Calder - who previously resided in Dubai where he was the Vice President for Global Energy Group’s Middle East Portfolio, following a three-year spell in Australia where he headed up the Asia Pacific Region as Regional Director and Chief Financial Officer -  starts at the club with immediate effect.

Speaking about his appointment, Calder (35), said: “I am absolutely delighted to be the club’s new Chief Executive Officer. I have been planning to get back into football after a number of years working in a corporate role and to be able to do it with my local club is a huge plus for me.

“I was actually the first full-time Skillseeker (Youth Trainee Player) at the club 17 years ago so it’s great to be back, especially as the club has progressed so much from where it was back then. The facilities for both supporters and players here are fantastic but there are still faces here from when I was at the club so it’s great to see Ross County has maintained that local backbone and culture that makes it such a special club to be involved with.

“It’s an exciting time for Ross County and it’s great to join at the same time as new manager, Owen Coyle,” adds Calder. “I look forward to working with him and the Chairman to embed our ideas and values in the club.”

Calder’s remit at the Global Energy Stadium will include overseeing all corporate services at the club as well as being a link between the business and football sides of the club.

Speaking about Calder’s appointment, Chairman, Roy MacGregor, said: “I’m absolutely delighted that David has accepted the offer to become our Chief Executive. He has a solid background in business, is a former player at the club and has been a supporter for years so I think he is a great fit. Added to that David is a local lad who holds a Business Studies degree, has completed his UEFA A License and is furthering his football business education by undertaking a two-year Masters of Sports Directorship at Salford University, Manchester. I think he will play a key part in shaping the future direction of the club.”

Edited by frankthetank22

39 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I think i mentioned that on the second line, didn't you see it?

A great cause.

Yes, saw it, but why bring petty rivalries into it when we’re coming together for a good cause? Anyway, I hope we get a good crowd and make some money for them.

On 11/2/2017 at 21:40, Staggie52 said:

Yes, saw it, but why bring petty rivalries into it when we’re coming together for a good cause? Anyway, I hope we get a good crowd and make some money for them.

Because it's literally the main selling point for this charity event.

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm hoping for some crowd trouble.

I've taken two days off work and stocked up on smoke bombs in preparation for this. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Interesting.... thankfully a manager that can see we lack wingers.... 

1.jpg

Intriguing.  Bit of competition for Gardyne and Keillor-Dunn.   What I've read makes him sound like a left footed Jim O'Brien.  Turned down Rangers seven years ago.  Wise lad.

Chris Burke mk2, which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing if we can get 20 games from him this season.  We need to see pace come from somewhere, however, and I doubt Eagles still has that.

Port Vale fans are unanimous in opinion of his quality, but wonder why it has taken until November for him to be training with a club - he must have been with them last week and they haven’t realised he’s up at Dingwall now.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?32906-Chris-Eagles

Edited by bunglebonce