The General Ross County Chat Thread

Burton fecking Albion. That's like losing your bird to Johnny Vegas - nice enough but fatter and a wee bit uglier than you. JM better have a plan for this ...

Johnny Vegas has much more money than me. It was inevitable.

It'll be impossible to replace Boyce like-for-like.

What my shopping list/warchest priorities would be:

* a target man centre-forward, to complement Curran and Schalk

* a creative and/or goalscoring midfielder. County were in for Tony Andreu on deadline day before he signed for Dundee United, someone like him would be ideal.

* a quality holding midfielder, but Jimbo doesn't seem to believe in them.

Some genuine pace on the wing would be good too.

Prediction: Jim O'Brien will sign on 31 August after negotiating a release from Shrewsbury and Martin Woods will go the other way again. 

Edited by bunglebonce

Happy for him to get a three year contract. He's 26 with a young'un so delighted that the near million and a half that he'll make in wages, signing on fees and loyalty bonuses should provide security for the rest of his puff. Hope Jim gets some of the cash but wouldn't be surprised if directors get a hefty slice of the fee

4 minutes ago, humbleheart said:

Happy for him to get a three year contract. He's 26 with a young'un so delighted that the near million and a half that he'll make in wages, signing on fees and loyalty bonuses should provide security for the rest of his puff. Hope Jim gets some of the cash but wouldn't be surprised if directors get a hefty slice of the fee

Don't say that out loud, it'll ruin the view that Roy bankrolls everything if we let on that there are other Directors with a stake in this...

It'll be impossible to replace Boyce like-for-like.
What my shopping list/warchest priorities would be:
* a target man centre-forward, to complement Curran and Schalk
* a creative and/or goalscoring midfielder. County were in for Tony Andreu on deadline day before he signed for Dundee United, someone like him would be ideal.
* a quality holding midfielder, but Jimbo doesn't seem to believe in them.
Some genuine pace on the wing would be good too.
Prediction: Jim O'Brien will sign on 31 August after negotiating a release from Shrewsbury and Martin Woods will go the other way again. 

Brian Graham would be perfect. And I mean that sincerely. I'd be happy with Graham, Andreu and O'Brien. I think we'll get Matt Green, some bloke we've never heard of but his previous club's supporters regard as 'perfectly okay and would probably have kept him but surprised he got a move to that level' (let's call it the Sean Kelly effect) and O'Brien for the last 18 months of his career, of which he'll be injured for the last 12.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40346309

"Liam's the right kind of character and is desperate to prove himself in England," said boss Nigel Clough.

"He's a good player who can get goals. Some people say he's not easy on the eye at times but he's a good all-round player. He's not blessed with pace but holds the ball up well and gets in the box."

Nigel Clough seems like a bit of an arsehole.

11 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40346309

"Liam's the right kind of character and is desperate to prove himself in England," said boss Nigel Clough.

"He's a good player who can get goals. Some people say he's not easy on the eye at times but he's a good all-round player. He's not blessed with pace but holds the ball up well and gets in the box."

Nigel Clough seems like a bit of an arsehole.

aye, not a diplomat.