The General Ross County Chat Thread

21 minutes ago, humbleheart said:

Due to Woods being the best midfielder that we have

The principal free-kick taker, without a free-kick goal in 94 appearances.  If he's the best midfielder we have then no wonder so many have been calling for McIntyre to go.

10 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

The principal free-kick taker, without a free-kick goal in 94 appearances.  If he's the best midfielder we have then no wonder so many have been calling for McIntyre to go.

Woah there, he hit the woodwork at least twice though. Ok, it was twice.

Adios Woods.

If O'Brien returns then Woods is ably replaced.

Like O'Brien a lot and hope we see him back next season but he's a different type of player to Woods?

I think Woods could be missed a lot more than some people think, unless we get a definite upgrade(of which neither Draper nor Vigurs are imo)

Burke could be a cracking player but do we owe him any loyalty? Hopefully there's some kind of agreement that he signs for us longer term if he gets fit.

Thought Franks was worth keeping as a squad player.

9 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

My reckoning is it isn't him taking up the option, rather it automatically vests after so many appearances.

Could explain his habit of coming on for half an hour at a time in recent weeks.

9 hours ago, Staggie#Wearethehighlands said:

Like O'Brien a lot and hope we see him back next season but he's a different type of player to Woods?

Yes, he's a good one.

I'm genuinely bemused by thoughts that Woods is so important to the team. The two best spells of team performances in the last two seasons - in my opinion - were in August into September '15 before he re-joined and established himself in the team again, then in November into December '16 when he was injured.

To balance it out, I'm not sure if County would have got to the LC final if he wasn't playing, he was instrumental in dictating play in the second half of the semi-final and nullifying/winding up Stefan Johansen.  He was also very good against ICT in the first couple of derbies this season and had a consistent run of good form in early Spring '17.

Edited by bunglebonce

I'm not too bothered about Woods going. Although he can have moments of quality, I was getting fed up of his habit of petulant kick outs if players get past him. He's done it on more than one occasion and I'm almost sure it's directly cost us at least once.

Woods is just a run of the mill midfielder that rarely has a positive impact on games. There are a lot better out there.

I'd rather Chow played. Routis is comfortably our best central midfielder. Signing O'Brien would be a good piece of business

Woods is just a run of the mill midfielder that rarely has a positive impact on games. There are a lot better out there.

I'd rather Chow played. Routis is comfortably our best central midfielder. Signing O'Brien would be a good piece of business

Routis is the laziest player I've seen in a County top since Don Cowie Senior. His performance against Hamilton was shocking

12 minutes ago, humbleheart said:

Routis is the laziest player I've seen in a County top since Don Cowie Senior. His performance against Hamilton was shocking

Routis i's a very strange player imo. I'm not sure where he's best suited but I'm always worried with him in central midfield as I don't believe he knows how to play the position, if anything i'd call him a raw talent.  For a big guy who when we signed him, i thought was meant to be either a central defender/midfielder for his previous club (Bradford??), he's a big lad but very very soft when it comes to the physical side of it and his positioning is all over the place.  But the boys got talent, some great flicks and tricks, he's very forward thinking and has good close control. He just looks a bit like a showboat player and I'm not sure how or where we accommodate that.  

He's still young enough to develop into a great talent and I hope he can grow into a better player for the team.