The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'd take Cerny over Fox any day of the week. As good as Fox can be some of the goals he actually lets in are LOLtastic

Depends what you want, really. No question Cerny is the more solid keeper.

Fox's distribution is so good, it probably makes up for the odd howler. Much of a muchness between those two, Bain and McDonald, I reckon.

I do like Cerny a lot, but I wouldn't necessarily replace him for Fox at this point. Even though than annoying thing of getting beaten at his near post is exactly what Thistle fans suggested would happen, Fox is far better at penalties and crosses than advertised.

And his save against Accies was just ridiculously good.

But let's face it, Mike Fraser and Mark Brown were top of the worst keepers in the division and could barely reach the half way line with their kicking, so having a vaguely competent keeper who is confident with the ball at his feet is a blessed relief.

Fox was my vote for POTY, and considering the season Boyce had, that says a lot.

So Franks has been promoted from being sent out with Tony for community work when the first team is away.  Is he actually in contention for a new contract or just being used because everyone bar Gardyne is injured for the wide areas?  (Tuesday night would have been a good opportunity for Davis Keillor-Dunn, on that note, but I don't think he was even on the bench).

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

So Franks has been promoted from being sent out with Tony for community work when the first team is away.  Is he actually in contention for a new contract or just being used because everyone bar Gardyne is injured for the wide areas?  (Tuesday night would have been a good opportunity for Davis Keillor-Dunn, on that note, but I don't think he was even on the bench).

Aye, Keillor-Dunn was on the bench.
Wonder if he'll get a run out on Saturday?
You making it down?

Rip from BBC:

Substitutes

• 6O'Brien
  • 8Woods
  • 11Curran
  • 31McCarey
  • 50Kellior-Dunn
  • 57Malcolm
  • 63Dykes

8 hours ago, dingdong1929 said:

Aye, Keillor-Dunn was on the bench.
Wonder if he'll get a run out on Saturday?
You making it down?

Rip from BBC:

Substitutes

• 6O'Brien
  • 8Woods
  • 11Curran
  • 31McCarey
  • 50Kellior-Dunn
  • 57Malcolm
  • 63Dykes

I'm even more bemused then why the shape was changed (442 to 352) just to bring Woods on, who failed to last half an hour for the fourth time this season.

I'll need to work this weekend dd, enjoy Boyce's last appearance :osama:

If Franks has been turning it on in training, the manager could hardly refuse to pick him. Remember, Franks was told he could leave in January, but chose to stick around and fight for his place.

If Woods and Gardyne are both injured, I'd have to imagine it'll be Garrison Keillor and Franks against Kilmarnock.

I thought the Woods thing was weird, too.

1 hour ago, StuartTaylor said:

Thought the club might have said something by now.

The first version of the BBC article this morning quoted the St Duthus tweet, and finished with "Ross County has retweeted the tribute".  Now, several hours later, Wigan have managed to give a quote - a club who he played one season for - but the club at which he got a world record still haven't said anything.  Great.

The first version of the BBC article this morning quoted the St Duthus tweet, and finished with "Ross County has retweeted the tribute".  Now, several hours later, Wigan have managed to give a quote - a club who he played one season for - but the club at which he got a world record still haven't said anything.  Great.

The Ross County public relations department has taken the day off. Not the first shambles in the last week.