The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Spain said:

If we could get rid of him, it would be great. Not only because he's horrendous, but also because it seems absolutely no-one can spell McEveley right. Why does everyone try and put an "r" into it?

Edit: Not having a dig, it's just a pet hate of mine. On OTB I've actually got the swear filter set-up to auto-correct some of the wrong spellings. :ph34r:

I only intend to spell his name correctly when he stops fannying about with - and occasionally without - a football.

And I see we still have Franks, played for dev team today, scoring twice.
I am beginning to wonder if we will see Chris Burke in a County shirt again, that's another wage which wont be a low one - although maybe he was on some kind of pay per game deal? 

Pay per game deals don't exist anymore. I've absolutely no idea why so many people mention it.

Did they ever exist?
Just curious. Seems like something fans say all the time, yet if you actually think about it, it's mental. Who would agree to such a thing?

Probably pre-Bosman, if ever.

And exactly, no player would ever agree to it, and it's not as if Burke was on his arse enough to be that desperate he'd have to accept such an offer.

You guys are being a bit literal. As I understand it, Burke is on quite a low basic wage and has quite a large appearance fee bonus. The numbers involved I'm not all that sure on though.

2 hours ago, Jayhawks said:

I only intend to spell his name correctly when he stops fannying about with - and occasionally without - a football.

Godspeed to Jeff MacLeaverly then.

UR promised some months ago that he was developing his departure. 

I wonder when the time might come.

He won't want to go with a whiff of failure in our nostrils and as an accountant, he won't want to spend one thin dime that he doesn't have to.

You guys are being a bit literal. As I understand it, Burke is on quite a low basic wage and has quite a large appearance fee bonus. The numbers involved I'm not all that sure on though.
Godspeed to Jeff MacLeaverly then.

He was reportedly on a basic wage of ~£10k pm at Forest, and was offered a decent wedge by Kilmarnock, yet your offer "blew them out the water".

He may well have a large appearance bonus, but his basic wage is not "low"

Ok, again being fairly literal and pedantic despite the fact I pointed out that I didn't know the numbers. As I understand it his basic wage is comparatively low when his appearance bonus is taken into account i.e. his wage is heavily weighted towards the appearance bonuses. I'm not claiming we're not spending a fortune, I'm just saying how I believe the deal is structured.

Happy now?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was reportedly on a basic wage of ~£10k pm at Forest, and was offered a decent wedge by Kilmarnock, yet your offer "blew them out the water".

He may well have a large appearance bonus, but his basic wage is not "low"

I'd swap him for Boyd in a heartbeat.

I had a quick run through County's league results this season.  Out of 25 fixtures there are five wins and two draws that I think they should have won.  That's not good enough for the investment in the squad.

Scott Fox is in the form of his career; Andrew Davies is still among the best centre-backs in the league; and Liam Boyce is among the best forwards.  That is potentially a really good spine but the midfield is weak, especially with Chris Routis out of the team (Routis isn't the perfect performer but County haven't won a league game this season with him absent, and have barely come close to an acceptable performance, the 1-1 at Rangers apart).

Saturday was grim and gets worse with reflection.  County needed to go direct because they were never going to win the midfield, but until a spell of pressure around the time of the equaliser the forwards were having to make something from nothing.  Two wingers were on the pitch but the play was very rarely spread to them.  The shape was very loose by then and County could have lost by a heavier score.

Chris Burke's ability on the ball in any area of the pitch is badly missed!

Maybe County can shitfest a couple of draws at the bigger grounds in the next week or so, like they did in early autumn before a run of more 'winnable' fixtures.  Hopefully Routis is back by then and I'm keeping fingers crossed for Burke being back by the split. 

Edited by bunglebonce

On 2/27/2017 at 00:25, Grant228 said:

IS Keddie held in higher regards by County fans than Dowie?

With me, yes.

Keddie was alright with a decent partner and if pressed could do a job at left back. Dowie was hopeless all round. Vivid memories of him supposedly marking the Good Doctor Deuchar in a cup game, letting him get a free header from six yards out (which he stuck away) and then Dowie spent the next minute screaming at Joe Malin for not wiping out Deuchar- who absolutely towered over him.

Also, finally a win at Tynecastle. Miracles do happen.

13 hours ago, foransbeard said:

Your ol fan favourite Jackson Irvine scored a belter tonight for Burton.
Some footballer, shame he looks like a fukkin rat, as all men with ponytails/buns do.

You look like a fukkin rat

Spoiler

CoAozgnUsAAM_QU.jpg

Spoiler

Oh I miss him :(

Your ol fan favourite Jackson Irvine scored a belter tonight for Burton.
Some footballer, shame he looks like a fukkin rat, as all men with ponytails/buns do.

He's scored quite a number of goals this season, I can only think they've altered his position slightly - I'd be surprised if he didn't get a bigger move in the summer.

Always liked Irvine. While he definitely didn't show the same quality at Killie as he did with you guys, his effort and attitude were excellent.